Devin Singletary, welcome to RB1 of the Buffalo Bills

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I was waiting for somebody else to say it but I was wondering about this.... I’m not so sure the rookie is “the guy” right out of the gates like everyone seems to assume. 

Neither one is going to be an every down back. 

18 minutes ago, Seoulful Soul said:

Call me a little old fashioned, but I still think Gore should start for a few games and work Devin into the starting role.  If he were like Barkley, I would say all in.  But I'm always nervous about a Darren Sproles sized RB on this league.

Darren Sproles could flat out fly. Singletary not so much. Not sure where this "top end burst" narrative is coming from. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I like Singletary a lot, he has a cool style. I'm not sure I see that translating into high end RB1 numbers though. He's just too slow.

Can he pass block?

Hes shown that he’s a legit passing weapon.   His entire college career, he just finds the end zone and he did that in the preseason.  He’s also going to turn a lot of runs from 2-3 yards to 8-12 yards.    

I wasnt a fan of the pick, but he’s impressed.  

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Jumping the gun here I think. I wouldn't be shocked if Gore starts and actually gets more total touches than Singletary. 

I would be shocked. Gore is going to get roughly 15-20% of the snaps. Singletary will get 50-60% of the snaps. The rest will be split among the other backs. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Our new Travis Henry? Our new Joe Cribbs? Terry Miller? 

I’d gladly take any one of them in Singletary!

I see some Joe Cribbs going on once he got his wheels turning.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1