Lesean McCoy cut!

12 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Havent gone thru this whole thread,  not sure if its been mentioned Shady's notable absence from the presumed "leadership council" last week.  In hindsight that was telling. 

BTW, perhaps this thread should be locked at 25 pages as a last homage to Shady

Posted a couple weeks back Shadys days were numbered when Bills did a big “ 25 Days to Season Opener” tweet and instead of Shady I being featured was Lorax. 

Was only joking then, but combine that with how he was not shown in Embedded at all, that tweet, no leadership council... think they knew for a while what the plan was. 

Might be why Shady is pissed. 

Edited by plenzmd1

33 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is kind of a funny little side note to this whole story that I have been thinking about today.

There has been strong vocal support of Shady coming out of OBD for a while now!  

It turns out what they really meant was "we intend to cut his ass off the team."  

Keep this in mind.  You can't trust these guys and you have to remember they aren't in the business of telling the truth.

Fans never seem to catch onto this.

Or

Maybe football is a business....and saying "we are going to cut his ass" when they are trying to actually get something for him would be BAD FOR BUSINESS

I cant believe this has to be explained to you

38 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Per Rotoworld:

“The Bills had stated numerous times all offseason they were committed to McCoy despite the obvious writing on the wall. McCoy, 31, was headed into the final year of his deal, and the move clears $6.425 million in cap space for Buffalo.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/937/lesean-mccoy

I said it wasn't a cap issue...not that they wouldn't have a savings....obviously since they are no longer paying him

Not surprised at all, he was easily the most overpaid back in the league the last 2 years. I was surprised they were still stating their commitment to him this year. Maybe they have a plan for that 6.4 million in cap savings, or they just roll it over to next year. Either way I think it is the right move.

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I said it wasn't a cap issue...not that they wouldn't have a savings....obviously since they are no longer paying him

True, it wasn't strictly a cap issue, but the cap is always a factor in the equation. This is more about roster space and the future, and that $6M will roll over into next year's cap.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Even you said WAS not IS 

Yea, freudian slip I suppose...I really meant is.  I think he still on an elite level above other RB's with his shiftiness and speed. Kinda tough to make three guys miss getting to the LoS or getting hit as soon as he touched the ball in last years offense. Opposing teams knew that McCoy was the Bills best player on offense so they would go all out to stop him. Last years offense really had no other weapon even close to his ability. 

...and they still might not. Time will tell. I sure hope Singletary shows more than he did in preseason. 

45 minutes ago, JoeF said:
Shady and Anthony Lynn reunion?

Some potentially big news for the #Chargers: They have given the reps for Melvin Gordon permission to seek a trade, sources say. He’ll explore his options, which include returning. But big few days.

Could be but u don’t think the news on Gordon changes that. No one is trading anything of value for a RB and paying him premium money. 

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Wasted valuable seconds replying to this.

As youve now wasted valuable time replying to the reply.

I think you miss the play here further more. 

I keep hoping youll rise up and prove your handle is not apt:)

I found it funny hes worried about time - yet had time to type that. Its funny, dare i say even slightly ironic. The way you chose to waste your time however might be ironic, but not in the funny way...

Edited by gobills1212

20 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

People are overlooking the worst part of all this...

Shady & Allen's super neato TD super secret handshake high five celebration thingy will now be gone!

How will Josh celebrate in style now?!?!

More frequently now, so more practice will make perfect.

46 minutes ago, nucci said:

If McCoy were making what Yeldon is making I think he would have been kept instead...........so in that sense I think it WAS a cap issue.

It's a sound move saving the money.    

They still desperately need a WR1 and elite pass rusher going forward and the only eggs in those nests are Bob Foster and Bam Johnson.........so they will likely be needing to buy at least one of those next year if they want one they can count on for a full season.

An extra $6.5M is only like 1/3 of a season salary for one of those in FA so it's not going to go far if shopping for elite players at key positions.........but it is a tangible savings to roll forward. 

39 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Yea, freudian slip I suppose...I really meant is.  I think he still on an elite level above other RB's with his shiftiness and speed. Kinda tough to make three guys miss getting to the LoS or getting hit as soon as he touched the ball in last years offense. Opposing teams knew that McCoy was the Bills best player on offense so they would go all out to stop him. Last years offense really had no other weapon even close to his ability. 

...and they still might not. Time will tell. I sure hope Singletary shows more than he did in preseason. 

I think if you grab a list of top running backs you’d be hard pressed to find any you would take shady over at this point. He’s at best average and certainly on the decline. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I see what you did there ?

Well, he USED to be a JAG. Now I'm hoping for more.

On a totally unrelated and nonsensical note prompted by this response, I'm no longer going to preface "JAG" with "A." It's redundant. Kind of like RBI"S" in baseball. I've weaned myself off that one entirely.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If McCoy were making what Yeldon is making I think he would have been kept instead...........so in that sense I think it WAS a cap issue.

It's a sound move saving the money.    

They still desperately need a WR1 and elite pass rusher going forward and the only eggs in those nests are Bob Foster and Bam Johnson.........so they will likely be needing to buy at least one of those next year if they want one they can count on for a full season.

An extra $6.5M is only like 1/3 of a season salary for one of those in FA so it's not going to go far if shopping for elite players at key positions.........but it is a tangible savings to roll forward. 

I think it’s also a touch of attitude. Think shady takes a 50-50 role, for instance? Or handles being asked for a wage reduction to reflect his new situation?

youd have to pay and play him as a  clear cut 1 and I’m not sure they loved either of those 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Expected completely, assumingely for the squad exemption 

• Like (+1) 2