Lesean McCoy cut!

13 minutes ago, stevewin said:

At least Cole Beasley wont be subjected to Shady's bullyung about his height anymore

And we won't have to look at photographs of McCoy's extensive collection of Louis Vuitton luggage, bags, clothing, and accessories.

:lol:

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Wow this move is really head scratching to me. Thank you McCOy for you great services here. I hope you land somewhere and tear it up.

You may need a new username. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I dont know why this is a surprise to anyone really. Maybe in how long they took to release him but other than that, he was awful last year and he's a 31 year old injury prone RB making too much money. The writing was on the wall when they drafted DS so early, Shady was done here

2 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

I dont know why this is a surprise to anyone really. Maybe in how long they took to release him but other than that, he was awful last year and he's a 31 year old injury prone RB making too much money. The writing was on the wall when they drafted DS so early, Shady was done here

Any RB in the league behind the joke of an Oline we had last year would have sucked. 

Only surprise is ...he was cut.  Not traded.  I find it hard to believe they couldn't get anyrtfor him?   Only thing that makes sense.. is they figured the benefit of cutting him and allowing him to choose his next team was worth more in player goodwill than a late around pick. 

I hope the move works out.  For our Bills and McCoy.  He was a a lot of fun to watch!    

2 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

I am not against the move, but I think the surprising part is that we are not hurting for cap space and that would seem to be the best reason to make the move. Unless someone thinks Yeldon is better than McCoy?

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Any RB in the league behind the joke of an Oline we had last year would have sucked. 

While that's partly true he gave up on plays a lot, he just isn't the same guy after that concussion he got 

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I am not against the move, but I think the surprising part is that we are not hurting for cap space and that would seem to be the best reason to make the move. Unless someone thinks Yeldon is better than McCoy?

That's true, there must be a reason we dont know about at this point 

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Only surprise is ...he was cut.  Not traded.  I find it hard to believe they couldn't get anyrtfor him?   Only thing that makes sense.. is they figured the benefit of cutting him and allowing him to choose his next team was worth more in player goodwill than a late around pick. 

I hope the move works out.  For our Bills and McCoy.  He was a a lot of fun to watch!    

Stop writing this stuff! 

BB made it very clear they shopped him around and could not find a trade partner.  That makes a lot of sense.  He's on the wrong side of 30 and makes too much money at a team when good RBs are all over the place and not valued highly.

The only people who think McCoy was some type of elite name are Bills fans, who tend to grossly overestimate Bills talent anyway.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Maybe Houston settled for 2 LBs and a third for Clowney so that they could sign McCoy.

It's $6.1 million the Bills don't have to pay in actual salary, which is what is apparently important to the current regime.  Last year, the Bills were among the lowest teams in actual salaries paid, and I'm guessing they're trying to repeat again.  The plan for the offense seems to be to surround Allen with JAGs and rookies and hope for the best.

Yeah.  Gore is JAG.

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe that Beane's comment was to spare Shady the embarrassment of not being pursued for a trade.

IF Beane got an offer (even a 7th) I would think he would at least give Shady the option.

A Shady trade would have kept him the 6+ million of salary for this year.

He will be making a lot less now as a FA.

It's a tough business and I thank Shady for his time in Buffalo and wish him the best.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Stop writing this stuff! 

BB made it very clear they shopped him around and could not find a trade partner.  That makes a lot of sense.  He's on the wrong side of 30 and makes too much money at a team when good RBs are all over the place and not valued highly.

The only people who think McCoy was some type of elite name are Bills fans, who tend to grossly overestimate Bills talent anyway.

Perhaps. 

Some fans have been predicting Shady would be cut or traded since the end of last season.  Congrats - you were right and I was wrong.  

I felt McCoy still had juice in the tank and was clearly one of our best backs - if not still the very best back on the roster.  Given we didn't need to free up cap space this year, I didn't think his salary would be an issue.  So, personally, I'm stunned.  With cap not an issue, TJ Yeldon beat out LeSean McCoy for a roster spot?

Beane is saying:

“We do see this being a running back by committee, whatever group that we kept. We’re excited with where (Singletary is) heading, but he’ll have a lot to prove as a rookie this year.”

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/brandon-beane-lesean-mccoy-decision-difficult-opportunity-is-now-for-devin-singl

Edited by hondo in seattle

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Stop writing this stuff! 

Agree to a great extent. The very CASUAL NFL fan would still believe McCoy had some trade value. He had none. 30 plus y/o RB's on a steady decline making 6 mil per have no trade value. ZERO. The level to which people don't understand the way the NFL works, and no offense to the poster quoted, is really tough to ignore. NFL Twitter is acting like the Bills just cut Todd Gurley. They don't watch many Bills games, so their reference point is a Lesean McCoy that no longer exists. This is a much bigger national story than it is a Bills story. If you're SHOCKED, you haven't been paying attention. The fact that he was playing in the 3rd QTR of the 2nd preseason game was a telltale sign.

Glad we'll have a chance to find out if Singletary is legit.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

I felt McCoy still had juice in the tank and was clearly one of our best backs - if not still the very best back on the roster.  Given we didn't need to free up cap space this year, I didn't think his salary would be an issue.  So, personally, I'm stunned.  With cap not an issue, TJ Yeldon beat out LeSean McCoy for a roster spot?

Yep, I’m the same way.  Although, I think the trio of Gore/Singletary/Yeldon will give us some punch still.

• Like (+1) 1

The thing I don't like about this move is that I'm not entirely convinced that Singletary is ready as of right now and I think it would have been beneficial to have him be here with Shady and Gore for a year before taking over. Shady was a team player in my opinion. He cared about the team and wanted help this team as much as he could. It makes no sense having Gore here without him especially since McCoy had a part in having Gore brought here

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Some fans have been predicting Shady would be cut or traded since the end of last season.  Congrats - you were right and I was wrong.  

I agree with the first bolded part, but it's a little harder to quantify the second.  I mean, none of us were there everyday, in the rooms, on the practice field, etc.  

Shady is still a talented guy, but for how long?  I'm a little sad to see him go, but not sad that a much younger back in Singletary is going to get a shot!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

I think it's possible that it's style over substance.  McCoy needs a good amount of carries.  He'll have a couple bad ones and a couple good ones - especially at this point in his career.  He doesn't fill the role of back up and is skill set isn't conducive to getting some carries.  

We all agree that the offensive line was a mess last year but I think some of the issues with McCoy were losing some of that elusiveness and in small part a lack of effort.   He didn't want to get pounded and that was the type of back needed last year.  FF to this year and he's possibly not a fit.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Maybe for what they want in a role...Yeldon is better than McCoy.  Meaning..if they decided that Singletary is going to get the bulk of the carries...and Gore is going to be the veteran/pass blocking back/locker room guy.....then the only 'position' left for RB3 is a guy who is a 3rd down back/ride the bench guy.  Maybe they feel Yeldon will be better at...or at least fit the role better than McCoy...and a MUCH lower salary.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Maybe for what they want in a role...Yeldon is better than McCoy.  Meaning..if they decided that Singletary is going to get the bulk of the carries...and Gore is going to be the veteran/pass blocking back/locker room guy.....then the only 'position' left for RB3 is a guy who is a 3rd down back/ride the bench guy.  Maybe they feel Yeldon will be better at...or at least fit the role better than McCoy...and a MUCH lower salary.

Not buying it, makes TOO much sense!  I don't even need a tinfoil hat on to understand this theory... :beer: