Lesean McCoy cut!

15 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what a let down for him if he chose the patsies. possibly thinking they'll be in yet another sb, only to be let down when they don't make it.

Would make no sense unless he just wants a ring. They won’t pay him the most and he would be one of many RBs. I assume he wants 1) money 2) carries

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Patriots one of the early teams showing interest. Just great.  More bummed that Duke Williams was cut, terrible decision. Someone tell me why they keep 5 tight ends and a worthless fullback? 

McCoy would be silly to go to New England, where he'd be behind Michel, the kid they drafted this year, James White, etc.

Croom goes to IR, so it's actually four tight ends.

And a fullback who plays all four special teams units and 20% of offensive snaps is worth more to the roster than a jump ball receiver who'd get 3 targets a game.

5 minutes ago, kota said:

Makes you wonder how much credibility Beane and McD lost with this cut.  Talk all spring and summer how he is the guy and then this.  Not sure why you keep the 36 year old over McCoy.  Money or not Bills don't need the cap space.  His contract was up this year was it not?

I know. It seems it was just last week he was the man. All coaches lie, they have to. Sadly it has become the nature of the beast. 

4 minutes ago, kota said:

Makes you wonder how much credibility Beane and McD lost with this cut.  Talk all spring and summer how he is the guy and then this.  Not sure why you keep the 36 year old over McCoy.  Money or not Bills don't need the cap space.  His contract was up this year was it not?

I knew something was fishy when he wasn't on the leadership council after being a C last year. Initially I'm not happy about it at all. But this has to mean they think Singletary is that good and don't want touches taken away from him. 

35 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Patriots one of the early teams showing interest. Just great.  More bummed that Duke Williams was cut, terrible decision. Someone tell me why they keep 5 tight ends and a worthless fullback? 

Seriously, they kept 5 TEs?  Let me guess, they kept Croom because of Kim and Terry's daughter...what an effing waste.  DiMarco is there primarily for special teams; I believe he is the captain.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would make no sense unless he just wants a ring. They won’t pay him the most and he would be one of many RBs. I assume he wants 1) money 2) carries

If he wants money and carries over a ring he must have lost something. No wonder he was released.

34 minutes ago, Putin said:

Do we know which ( 3  teams ) apparently we’re interested in trading for McCoy ? Cuz if it is true why didn’t we just trade him and got something for him ? I’m assuming at least a 6th ? maybe even 5th ? I would guess the Chargers was one of those teams  

Your assumption is incorrect my friend. If any team had offered any compensation for McCoy, he'd have been traded. 

1 minute ago, iinii said:

If he wants money and carries over a ring he must have lost something. No wonder he was released.

I’m sure he wants to go to a good team that has a chance at a ring. Just think that’s not his biggest priority. And he would still have that chance with KC.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, iinii said:

My hunch is that 99% of players value money/PT over rings. It's human nature. We as fans like to believe that these men live and die for the team they're currently a member of, but it simply isn't reality.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what a let down for him if he chose the patsies. possibly thinking they'll be in yet another sb, only to be let down when they don't make it.

I'd hate to see him playing for the Pats, because he'd probably be super motivated and help make sure they beat us twice.  Though it seems that story never changes anyway.  If he did play for them and won a Super Bowl, I'd be glad that Shady got a ring.  There is absolutely no reason to diss him.

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

I'd hate to see him playing for the Pats, because he'd probably be super motivated and help make sure they beat us twice.  Though it seems that story never changes anyway.  If he did play for them and won a Super Bowl, I'd be glad that Shady got a ring.  There is absolutely no reason to diss him.

wasn't really dissing him as much as I was saying they wont be going and that would be a drag for him. I wish him well where ever he lands.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If McCoy were making what Yeldon is making I think he would have been kept instead...........so in that sense I think it WAS a cap issue.

It's a sound move saving the money.    

They still desperately need a WR1 and elite pass rusher going forward and the only eggs in those nests are Bob Foster and Bam Johnson.........so they will likely be needing to buy at least one of those next year if they want one they can count on for a full season.

An extra $6.5M is only like 1/3 of a season salary for one of those in FA so it's not going to go far if shopping for elite players at key positions.........but it is a tangible savings to roll forward. 

If you go back to 2017 with Eric Wood and Richie Incognito on the line LeSean McCoy was the leading rusher AND the leading receiver with nearly 1600 combined yards with 287 carries, 59 receptions. Even with Wood and Incognito that line still had Mills, Ducasse, Miller and really didn't rank all that high.  

Fast forward to 2018 with McCoy getting 161 attempts, 34 receptions and usually always throwing to catch up from being behind in points and even then the team didn't target McCoy very often. McCoy still had a 73.9 catch percentage with was best among all Bills receivers with more then 10 receptions. This behind one of the worst O lines in the league. 

The only thing I can think of is that the Bills want to give Singletary every chance to show he can do in the NFL want he did in college. After what he did in the preseason I just don't see him being as elusive or as fast as McCoy. I seem to be in the minority on this. I only hope this offensive coaching staff knows what they are doing or this season could flush rather quickly. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I kind of doubt there is any room at RB on the Pats for Shady, or if they would even want him.  They don't need any motivation to beat us twice since they typically don't have a problem with that; can't wait until that changes.

I think KC makes a lot of sense right now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

If you go back to 2017 with Eric Wood and Richie Incognito on the line LeSean McCoy was the leading rusher AND the leading receiver with nearly 1600 combined yards with 287 carries, 59 receptions. Even with Wood and Incognito that line still had Mills, Ducasse, Miller and really didn't rank all that high.  

Fast forward to 2018 with McCoy getting 161 attempts, 34 receptions and usually always throwing to catch up from being behind in points and even then the team didn't target McCoy very often. McCoy still had a 73.9 catch percentage with was best among all Bills receivers with more then 10 receptions. This behind one of the worst O lines in the league. 

The only thing I can think of is that the Bills want to give Singletary every chance to show he can do in the NFL want he did in college. After what he did in the preseason I just don't see him being as elusive or as fast as McCoy. I seem to be in the minority on this. I only hope this offensive coaching staff knows what they are doing or this season could flush rather quickly. 

I think Singletary is lacking speed as well..........he had some miscalculations running the ball in preseason that were concerning.........he will need to adjust and learn the situations where he needs to fall forward instead of trying to make a move to get away and ends leaving yardage on the table.    I had him as the top RB in the draft but still didn't think he was good value where they picked him in round 3.........it just seemed like a lousy draft class.   I am hoping for Bills-career-Travis-Henry like ypa around league average at 4.2 or so.   If he does better and holds onto the football I will be pleasantly surprised.    He looks solid as a receiver which was also an unknown.

But McCoy has just produced a well sub-league-average ypa the past two years............he is like a lot of players that get older........they look good in flashes but can't do it consistently.   The excuses about OL play are understandable but I mean a season of 3.2 ypa from a scat back is WOEFUL.

We heard the same excuses for about the last 5 years of Thurman Thomas being in Buffalo.   He was always just a little nicked up or needed just a little more blocking or more effective downfield passing game to be like his old self.........it sounded good but wasn't true.

• Like (+1) 1