Lesean McCoy cut!

3 hours ago, nucci said:

but it's the last year of his contract...if they don't want to pay him, fine but it's not a cap issue....his contract is done after this season

Per Rotoworld:

“The Bills had stated numerous times all offseason they were committed to McCoy despite the obvious writing on the wall. McCoy, 31, was headed into the final year of his deal, and the move clears $6.425 million in cap space for Buffalo.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/937/lesean-mccoy

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Are you friggin kidding me!! We can draft picks for bums but not Shady!?

we should have traded him when McDermott got here and got something in return, as i said back then.

They didn’t have his replacement until 4 months ago 

Does anyone really think there would be some huge disparity in YPC between Shady and TJ Yeldon? Yeldon averaged 4.0 last season. McCoy hasn't been above that mark since 2016. And yes, the line gave McCoy no place to run in 2018, but that doesn't mean time stood still. He got a year older and a year slower. Yeldon is obviously younger and a solid receiver. He's a JAG, but JAG's can be of some value at RB. I think people are reacting to this more sentimentally than rationally. I loved watching McCoy do his thing and wish him the best; but there's really not all that much to see here in terms of football production.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Per Rotoworld:

“The Bills had stated numerous times all offseason they were committed to McCoy despite the obvious writing on the wall. McCoy, 31, was headed into the final year of his deal, and the move clears $6.425 million in cap space for Buffalo.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/937/lesean-mccoy

This is kind of a funny little side note to this whole story that I have been thinking about today.

There has been strong vocal support of Shady coming out of OBD for a while now!  

It turns out what they really meant was "we intend to cut his ass off the team."  

Keep this in mind.  You can't trust these guys and you have to remember they aren't in the business of telling the truth.

Fans never seem to catch onto this.

9 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Likely no other GM wanted Shady's contract.  Now that he's released he will get picked up by a team making a run this season when their RB gets hurt.  He won't make nearly as much money, but could net him a ring.  I wish him the best.

Not surprised he was let go, but surprised they couldn't get anything in a trade?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then you just killed your own argument.

If RB’s are easily replaced, then why would a team trade for a RB at age 29....with his salary?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then you just killed your own argument.

If RB’s are easily replaced, then why would a team trade for a RB at age 29....with his salary?

The point is we have had way more draft capital if we traded him and we wouldn't have had to use multiple picks on Allen and Edmunds. Trust me someone would have offered us something for him back then.

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Does anyone really think there would be some huge disparity in YPC between Shady and TJ Yeldon? Yeldon averaged 4.0 last season. McCoy hasn't been above that mark since 2016. And yes, the line gave McCoy no place to run in 2018, but that doesn't mean time stood still. He got a year older and a year slower. Yeldon is obviously younger and a solid receiver. He's a JAG, but JAG's can be of some value at RB. I think people are reacting to this more sentimentally than rationally. I loved watching McCoy do his thing and wish him the best; but there's really not all that much to see here in terms of football production.

I see what you did there ?

• Haha (+1) 1

The reality with McCoy is that he would have been a problem in the locker room as soon as his carries dipped. And with 3 to 4 backs splitting carries, his numbers were going to be negatively affected. Shady seems less concerned with playoff wins and super bowls and more into getting his stats higher to make the HOF. He is a selfish stats guy, not a team player. He doesn't fight for yards, in fact he collapses the moment he gets touched. Why? Because he doesn't want any unnecessary wear and tear, because it will hinder his longevity and ability to get to 12,000 yards and a potential HOF spot. Simple as that. This is a good move by Beane after realizing that Singletary is ready to make an impact. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Wade seems like going make initial 53

24 minutes! It’s incredible, really. I’m guessing the team got word he wouldn’t make it to the PS if he hits the street. 

Hey! He’s a threat to visit the house every time he touches the ball!

I’ll believe it when I see it..

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The point is we have had way more draft capital if we traded him and we wouldn't have had to use multiple picks on Allen and Edmunds. Trust me someone would have offered us something for him back then.

So a 4th would have been worth it back then?  

Why would we not have had to use multiple picks for Allen and Edmunds with a Shady trade?

Havent gone thru this whole thread,  not sure if its been mentioned Shady's notable absence from the presumed "leadership council" last week.  In hindsight that was telling. 

BTW, perhaps this thread should be locked at 25 pages as a last homage to Shady