Lesean McCoy cut!

Thanks to Shady for everything he has done for us.

I thought McCoy looked better this offseason....but there were things here and there you saw some things that had cause for concern......like when he would reverse field and defensive players would catch up to him......turning the corner and not quite getting there.....etc etc etc

You see it....and you are like "well Shady is still good enough....and he is backed up by Gore"

Well...when the rubber meets the road....and you look at:

- THe amount of money he was getting paid

- His age

- Singletary.....who ha looked GREAT in pre season......waiting in the wings

Its one of those tough decisions that had to be made.....the things I like on Singletary that made this a little easier

- He understands and can execute blitz pick up concepts

- He can actually catch the ball

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I just don't think he is ready for lead back duties as of right now. I think he was more than ready to handle the role that we seen him have in preseason for this season. You're basically implying that it's a concern for what? He's a 3rd round rookie. It doesn't mean he's never gonna be ready. It just means I don't believe that he can handle lead back duties right now

It's a concern if he's not ready to be a semi-major contributor. 3rd round RB's come with higher expectations than say, a QB, DE, or LT. Those are premium positions and RB has become more dependent on scheme and much easier to plug and play late round picks/UDFA's. So yes, I will personally be concerned with his prospects if he doesn't produce immediately. Gore is more than capable of making something happen with 15 or so touches a game. Yeldon can at least play in this league. It's not like we're gonna be giving him 30 touches a game and expect 1300 yards. As far as RB's go, I actually WOULD say that we'll find out if he can play very quickly. Couple games to acclimate to the speed of the game and he'll be prepared to show what he can do in this league. Examples of RB's who take time to develop are few and far between.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Are you friggin kidding me!! We can draft picks for bums but not Shady!?

we should have traded him when McDermott got here and got something in return, as i said back then.

In addition to Shady's worth or lack thereof, that tells you what kind of premium the league in general places on the position.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

we should have traded him when McDermott got here and got something in return, as i said back then.

Water under the bridge....and we dont actually know what was being offered...he did have the huge contract

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Because the bums made bum money.

No one wanted to trade for a 31 year old RB at his non-bum salary.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Water under the bridge....and we dont actually know what was being offered...he did have the huge contract

i would have traded him tyrod and not used a ton of great draft capital for Allen and Edmunds.

Yes i know its under the bridge but i still hate it.

We will be great under this leadership , this i believe for sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's a concern if he's not ready to be a semi-major contributor. 3rd round RB's come with higher expectations than say, a QB, DE, or LT. Those are premium positions and RB has become more dependent on scheme and much easier to plug and play late round picks/UDFA's. So yes, I will personally be concerned with his prospects if he doesn't produce immediately. Gore is more than capable of making something happen with 15 or so touches a game. Yeldon can at least play in this league. It's not like we're gonna be giving him 30 touches a game and expect 1300 yards. As far as RB's go, I actually WOULD say that we'll find out if he can play very quickly. Couple games to acclimate to the speed of the game and he'll be prepared to show what he can do in this league. Examples of RB's who take time to develop are few and far between.

In addition to Shady's worth or lack thereof, that tells you what kind of premium the league in general places on the position.

There's a difference in being a big contributor and being the lead back. I think he was more than ready to be the a major contributor for this offense just not the top dog in the backfield and taking 20-25 carries a game. Right now, I see him as a 10-15 "touch" a game guy. I think now it's maybe a small concern because obviously we have no choice with Shady gone but it's not a big concern if he was still here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i would have traded him tyrod and not used a ton of great draft capital for Allen and Edmunds.

Yes i know its under the bridge but i still hate it.

We will be great under this leadership , this i believe for sure.

As long as we get there sir....:)

I personally have no problem with the draft capital that was given up for Josh Allen and Edmunds.....Edmunds looks fantastic and Josh Allen as through the roof potential....your taking a chance on greatness in a "QB draft"

22 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Beane looks like a fool here. nothing new 

Great final post! A Classic! It’ll go down in the annuls.

Thank you for your contributions. We’re letting you go now so you can hook up with another team in time for the start of the season.

Good Luck!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

As long as we get there sir....:)

I personally have no problem with the draft capital that was given up for Josh Allen and Edmunds.....Edmunds looks fantastic and Josh Allen as through the roof potential....your taking a chance on greatness in a "QB draft"

yes but could imagine the players we would have on this team if we had all of those 6 picks in the first three rounds Plus the picks we would have gotten for shady and taylor.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He still had value to us back then. It’s different now.  We could have gotten about a 4th for him....you don’t trade your bell cow back after we had a revolving door of back ups.

Rbs are easy to replace wouldn't have been a problem.

Likely no other GM wanted Shady's contract.  Now that he's released he will get picked up by a team making a run this season when their RB gets hurt.  He won't make nearly as much money, but could net him a ring.  I wish him the best.

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 1