Lesean McCoy cut!

8 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Maybe for what they want in a role...Yeldon is better than McCoy.  Meaning..if they decided that Singletary is going to get the bulk of the carries...and Gore is going to be the veteran/pass blocking back/locker room guy.....then the only 'position' left for RB3 is a guy who is a 3rd down back/ride the bench guy.  Maybe they feel Yeldon will be better at...or at least fit the role better than McCoy...and a MUCH lower salary.

I think you're probably right.  McD wasn't necessarily looking at who's the best back, 2nd best, 3rd best, etc.  He was looking at what 3 backs he wanted to go into the season with.  

Beane talked today about running back by committee.  So the question becomes: Which backs collectively make up the best committee?   You don't want all your backs to have identical skill sets.  Singletary will be playing the Shady role this year.  

Even thinking this through, I'm still surprised and have some concerns.  What if SIngletary gets hurt?  And so far, to me, Singletary looks like a slower version of the original Shady.  I really hope I'm wrong.  

Really hope this move doesn't come back to bite them in the a$$. Shady was an elite back in the NFL and Singletary hasn't proven a thing as the starting NFL RB yet.

Even Todd Gurley had a down year behind a bad line in 2016 and yet that line was no where near as bad as the Bills line was last season. 6-10 was a gift with a revolving door at QB half the year.

We will see...Beane may lose his god status...or Bills fans might be saying god a lot this year and it won't be with Beane. Like GDamn, Gdammit, for the love of God...

I think LeSean can still play, but Singletary obviously showed them that they don't need McCoy and he's a lot cheaper. There's no doubt several teams will be interested.

Would Shady sign with a team that already has an established starter? I kinda doubt it because I think he can still be a #1 RB and be very good.

He'd like to play in PA, I'd wager, but he'd probably be behind Conner in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure about Philly. I also don't know everyone's cap situation.

Put you top guess down and then maybe I'll run a poll with the top handful of choices that I see.

6 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Really hope this move doesn't come back to bite them in the a$$. Shady was an elite back in the NFL and Singletary hasn't proven a thing as the starting NFL RB yet.

Even Todd Gurley had a down year behind a bad line in 2016 and yet that line was no where near as bad as the Bills line was last season. 6-10 was a gift with a revolving door at QB half the year.

We will see...Beane may lose his god status...or Bills fans might be saying god a lot this year and it won't be with Beane. Like GDamn, Gdammit, for the love of God...

Even you said WAS not IS 

59 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The thing I don't like about this move is that I'm not entirely convinced that Singletary is ready as of right now

If he's not ready now...that's a problem. The only legit concern with a rookie back is pass blocking and Singletary doesn't appear to be a liability there. If he can play, he can play right now.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

If he's not ready now...that's a problem. The only legit concern with a rookie back is pass blocking and Singletary doesn't appear to be a liability there. If he can play, he can play right now.

I think Singletary is ready. Who is #3, the cliff gets steep at #3

2 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

I still feel bad about this cut even though my logical part understands it.

Who are the top 3 RB's now

Singletary, Gore, ?

Yeldon I'm guessing, and when you look at it from a $$$/production standpoint it probably makes sense

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I just don't think he is ready for lead back duties as of right now. I think he was more than ready to handle the role that we seen him have in preseason for this season. You're basically implying that it's a concern for what? He's a 3rd round rookie. It doesn't mean he's never gonna be ready. It just means I don't believe that he can handle lead back duties right now

I thought they’d keep him, but I am extremely happy I don’t have to watch him taking multiple losses dancing all over the place hoping to break a big one. He was always a dancer and homerun hitter but with Allen at quarterback I would rather see Gore get 3 and make it 2nd and 7 than McCoy get -3 and seeing 2nd and 13. 

This was an impactful move on first downs for the majority of the possessions this season 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/24/2019 at 9:05 AM, Steptide said:

I found it a little interesting that Singletary didn't play much last night. Can't imagine he's going anywhere. I'm 99% sure shady won't be here in a week. 

Who are you, the Incredible Erskine?!? Man did you ever call it!