Lesean McCoy cut!

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Totally. Beane just knows how to GM speak here. 

I think Jay's wrong here.   

Beane likely knew a week ago that no one was trading for Shady.     I can totally see them being above board about wanting to help him pick his next team...

Just now, first_and_ten said:

McCoy will go thru wavers. Then he has a good chance of being picked up at a lower salary if he's willing to accept that. Probably once someone gets hurt. How about Dallas?

McCoy is not subject to waivers.

Just now, QCity said:

At least we don't have to read the "What could we get for McCoy" threads. There's your answer. Nothing. There's no market for 31-yr old RBs with that salary.

That's sort of Lesson 1 to be learned here.

Lesson #2 is look at Singletary!  He has come from nowhere to be "The Man."

Lesson #3: Never pay a lot of $$$ for a running back in this league!  They grow on trees and you can always get one.

Just now, first_and_ten said:

So he is free to sign with anyone without going thru the waiver process? So his salary is gone immediately?

Yes. His contract is terminated with us and he can sign a brand new contract anywhere immediately. However, as a vested vet, any contract he signs now must be fully guaranteed. If he signs after week one, it does not have to be guaranteed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only surprising part to me is that he was cut. I have not thought he'd be on the roster week 1 since after the first preseason game. I thought we'd get a pick but oh well. Thanks for the memories, Shady. As for Singletary now that Shady has been cut all I can say is...

The king is dead, long live the king.

I remember thinking that the preseason seemed very much like a tryout/evalutation between Gore and Shady. I know that is what preseason is for, but the way they structured it for those two especially. Gore got all the first team reps week1, Shady didn't play. Shady got all of the 1st team reps game 2, Gore doesn't play. And week 3 they alternate series with the 1st team. Gore performed better, choice was an easy one for them.

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Cap space for Clowney???

Maybe Houston settled for 2 LBs and a third for Clowney so that they could sign McCoy.

3 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I dont know why we cut him.  Is it s problem having too many good RBs?  They have cap space.  

It's $6.1 million the Bills don't have to pay in actual salary, which is what is apparently important to the current regime.  Last year, the Bills were among the lowest teams in actual salaries paid, and I'm guessing they're trying to repeat again.  The plan for the offense seems to be to surround Allen with JAGs and rookies and hope for the best.