Lesean McCoy cut!

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Top contracts nowadays (not rookie contracts) routinely provide 60-70% guaranteed.

There are too many players on a roster to pay all of them all of their contract--including after they are out of the league like the NBA and MLB.  I think the Knicks are still paying Allen Houston....

And the Mets are still paying Bobby Bonilla

1 minute ago, BUNCH OF MULARKEY said:

I'd like a poll to see how many sane people liked cutting McCoy vs. the delusional

Don’t get me wrong. Id rather have kept him and kept 4 RBs or even 5 and cut Dimarco instead. But he was cut because he hasn’t been good in like 2 years. He was cut because Beane was being nice and not trading him to a team he didn’t want to play for. He was cut so that shady could pick where he wanted to go. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You wall wanted Wade on the 53. This move has to happen to make that a chance 

He seems far too green to make the 53 to me but if they think he can contribute later in the season I think they could just put Wade on the regular 10 man PS after he passes thru waivers and then they would be able to bring him up during the season rather than red-shirt him using the 11th spot.

45 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Gore is going to be injured by week 3 and we will be completely *****. Allen will have to throw the ball 40 times per game and we will end up with 4-6 wins this season 

THERE’S that WNY optimism we’ve been lacking all preseason!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Why wouldn’t they trade him and get something in return?

Because nobody wanted a 9mil dollar salary for a 31 year old running back

Just now, BuffaloButt said:

Where will Shady end up?  Houston, SF, Chargers??

bucs

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Don’t get me wrong. Id rather have kept him and kept 4 RBs or even 5 and cut Dimarco instead. But he was cut because he hasn’t been good in like 2 years. He was cut because Beane was being nice and not trading him to a team he didn’t want to play for. He was cut so that shady could pick where he wanted to go. 

With all due respect, . He wasn't cut because Beane was being trying to do right by him.  

His contract prohibited a trade for a late pick.  Business as usual.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BUNCH OF MULARKEY said:

With all due respect, . He wasn't cut because Beane was being trying to do right by him.  

His contract prohibited a trade for a late pick.  Business as usual.

Well. There you go then. I’d like to know where it is in his contract. You have a copy of it?