Lesean McCoy cut!

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I drafted Shady on Wed :(

I got Shady in one of my leagues as well. I just picked up Gore.

but I’d hang onto Shady. He will land on another team, and could still have a good season and score some points. 

It just wont be as fun as he will not be wearing a Bills uniform. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

You don't think Shady was the best RB? Out of who is left, I don't think any of them can both run and catch as well as he can. I think he was still the top guy, they just got cheap. This is why contracts mean nothing and holdouts are the new norm. 

They either got cheap or they don’t want Singletary to be around shady and pick up any bad habits he may have 

12 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Yes, and also, I too pick Bills because they are Bills.

It is one of the reason I stay away from fantasy football.

I avoid Bills players in fantasy. There is no reason to be disappointed twice in one week. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

You don't think Shady was the best RB? Out of who is left, I don't think any of them can both run and catch as well as he can. I think he was still the top guy, they just got cheap. This is why contracts mean nothing and holdouts are the new norm. 

Come on, open your eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Trogdor said:

Well that’s on the owners. NFL is the only major sport without fully guaranteed contracts. I don’t blame Zeke or any other player for holding out. 

19 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Houston signs him at a discount. We use the savings to help sign Clowny, who signs his franchise tag contract knowing we're trading for him. We try him for a year and re-sign him if it works out. If it doesn't, still worth the gamble. Beane is the man.

The problem is that the Bills cannot part with high draft picks for renting Clowny for one year.  Teams not dealing for him in spring has cost him.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol me too.  Sigh.  On the bright side, he might have more value with another team.

this move is puzzling to me.  Love me some McBeane but if we keep Yeldon and cut shady, confusion will ensue 

What’s confusing? Yeldon’s younger and cheaper.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Come on, open your eyes.

With an upgraded line or without he is still the best RB we had. They aren't even close to the cap and no big names want to come here, so it shouldn't be a money issue. I'm not sure what you want me to see other than preseason where he was clearly better. 

12 hours ago, ganesh said:

The problem is that the Bills cannot part with high draft picks for renting Clowny for one year.  Teams not dealing for him in spring has cost him.

Not to mention that he doesn't want to come here. He listed the teams he will play for and its not worth paying to see him sit. 

Just now, Lurker said:

And one dimensional...

Most definitely. That’s why he’s cheap. And also not the starter.

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

then why on the world do we still have Tyree Jackson on the team?

We don’t

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Despite all of the sentiment about salary, I felt that Shady may have rebounded this year, but the Bills are obviously going in a new direction. 

Just now, the skycap said:

He'll end up in Philadelphia. You'll be alright

I'm just glad I live on the west coast and wake up early for work. I caught the McCoy release news before all of my league mates and added Singletary on waivers. Phew!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Well that’s on the owners. NFL is the only major sport without fully guaranteed contracts. I don’t blame Zeke or any other player for holding out. 

Top contracts nowadays (not rookie contracts) routinely provide 60-70% guaranteed.

There are too many players on a roster to pay all of them all of their contract--including after they are out of the league like the NBA and MLB.  I think the Knicks are still paying Allen Houston....