Lesean McCoy cut!

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A player like McCoy you would normally release earlier. I really believe the Bills had intended to keep McCoy but Singletary changed their minds.

I don’t know about you but this makes me so much more excited about Singletary.  I had a lot of intrigue before but this shows me he might be something special if they’re going to cut a borderline HOF.

Had to kind of see the writing on the wall with them bringing in Gore and Yeldon, and drafting Singletary in the 3rd round. But still surprising to actually see it happen for no compensation.

Edited by vincec

Houston signs him at a discount. We use the savings to help sign Clowny, who signs his franchise tag contract knowing we're trading for him. We try him for a year and re-sign him if it works out. If it doesn't, still worth the gamble. Beane is the man.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Yup. So lacking in objectivity, as people too often just rely on the past rather than see what is so clear right in front of their eyes..

This is why I own the shirt in my avatar. He will never be traded or cut!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, XABI64 said:

I pray to god Josh Allen is ready bc if he doesn't start the season well its going to be a meltdown among bills fans 

no excuses anymore. he needs to improve just like all the other young QB's did in the league. 

Your obsession with McCoy comes across as very irrational and it’s even getting just a little Bizzarre. McCoy was a role player at most for this team if they had kept him. With or without McCoy the teams success depends largely on Josh Allen’s development.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Too old to be making that much $. If we were shopping him, and it looks like we were, any interested team figured we'd release him. Now they can sign him cheaper and no loss of draft picks.

Yeah, agreed. Had to be more of a contract issue than anything. Just shows the value of RB's in today's NFL...

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm going to be honest: I don't understand this move.

If it was a trade, and we were getting back assets for a player that isn't in the plans past 2019, then I'd get it. If we NEEDED the cap savings, then I'd get it.

As it is? I don't get it.

Obviously Singletary has impressed and they want to get him on the field, but why rush things? We went from "great depth at running back" to "if one of our guys gets hurt, we're in trouble". 

And word is they didn't ask him to take a pay cut, so clearly money wasn't really the issue. Were they worried that he'd be a locker room problem once it became clear that the Bills running back situation was gonna be a full time-share? Are they just THAT impressed with Singletary?

What a shocker. Wow. Just glad I read the news in time to add Singletary to my fantasy squad! 

Other players with a future warranted the few open roster slots.  I wanted McCoy to stick for this season as bad as anybody but I get the move.  I think that the FO is working to bring a big name in over the weekend and probably a name nobody is thinking.

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is a product of the unnecessary raise he was given to buy in to the “process.”  Ideally he would still be here on his more affordable deal.  He was at least a guy you needed to gameplan for.  Not a fan of this move at all.

Is that true? The reports are that they didn’t even try to lower his number so they could keep him around. 

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Also, has anyone considered that they may bring him back at a reduced salary?

I'm doubtful on this. Reports are they didn't even ask him to take a pay cut before releasing him. I think they are moving on for good.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Other players with a future warranted the few open roster slots.  I wanted McCoy to stick for this season as bad as anybody but I get the move.  I think that the FO is working to bring a big name in over the weekend and probably a name nobody is thinking.

At RB?  Why?

11 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Mccoy came here and did everything he was asked, and helped the Bills break our playoff drought and we basically just slapped him in the face and told him to ***** off lol

completely absurd from this front office. 

More than ridiculous here.

The Bills cut a player who showed significant decline.

During the Levy years, one of the hallmarks of the team is that they almost always cut players on the decline and brought in a stronger option.

You are letting emotion guide you rather than the facts.

• Like (+1) 1