Lesean McCoy cut!

3 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Mccoy came here and did everything he was asked, and helped the Bills break our playoff drought and we basically just slapped him in the face and told him to ***** off lol

completely absurd from this front office. 

The Bills signed him to a HIGH priced contract that no one else was going to give him. He got PAID. He got another few years in the game.

There was no slap in the face outside of normal NFL life.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

they need the roster spot for someone they thought was or would be better.  Its that simple.

Not if they keep a fourth RB like Perry. 

As much as Shady's lost a step, his 2019 contribution would have been significantly more valuable than 10-11 special teams tackles...

4 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

theres a massive difference between cutting a fringe player and cutting one of our best senior players who everyone looks up to and respects 

if you can't tell the difference in that then I'm sorry. 

He was in no way, shape or form as important to this team’s success either on or off the field!You seem to be taking this very hard and, in the whole scheme of things, it’s not that big a deal. There is no way in hell he was the difference between us making or not making the playoffs. Seriously!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

The question I'd like answered is is what are they going to do with that $6 million cap savings?   

Are they just going to sit on it or is there another shoe to drop...

This is what I don't understand.  How was this about money if there is no issue with our cap space.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

we will start the season 1-6 and frank gore will retire 

then Beane/Mcdermott look like the biggest clowns in the NFL 

Step away from your phone, go enjoy life. Unless you are LeSean McCoy himself, you’re taking this way too personal.

Cutting a 31 year old running back with a trend of declining production and injuries while having drafted a young replacement hardly makes the front office look like “clowns.”

• Like (+1) 4

I pray to god Josh Allen is ready bc if he doesn't start the season well its going to be a meltdown among bills fans 

no excuses anymore. he needs to improve just like all the other young QB's did in the league. 

I'm going to be honest: I don't understand this move.

If it was a trade, and we were getting back assets for a player that isn't in the plans past 2019, then I'd get it. If we NEEDED the cap savings, then I'd get it.

As it is? I don't get it.

Obviously Singletary has impressed and they want to get him on the field, but why rush things? We went from "great depth at running back" to "if one of our guys gets hurt, we're in trouble". 

And word is they didn't ask him to take a pay cut, so clearly money wasn't really the issue. Were they worried that he'd be a locker room problem once it became clear that the Bills running back situation was gonna be a full time-share? Are they just THAT impressed with Singletary?

What a shocker. Wow. Just glad I read the news in time to add Singletary to my fantasy squad! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Part of me always felt Sean never loved him because he wasn't a guy he could build a foundation for "The Process" with.  

And I know there's money to be saved as well but this move still shocks me.  As the OP mentioned he looked pretty good in the preseason 

28 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Or sometimes with a established vet, if there was fairly low trade value to begin with, i.e. a 6th rounder, they give him a release to allow him to go wherever he wants.  He's "earned that"

Actually they have done a favor to Shady to find a team where he can start.  The backfield is crowded in Buffalo and he would have had to share carries with Gore and Singletary.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Bills signed him to a HIGH priced contract that no one else was going to give him. He got PAID. He got another few years in the game.

There was no slap in the face outside of normal NFL life.

XAB164 is leaving the footprints associated with a fan of a rival AFC East team.  Trollin, Trollin, Trollin.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

theres a massive difference between cutting a fringe player and cutting one of our best senior players who everyone looks up to and respects 

if you can't tell the difference in that then I'm sorry. 

Doubt that.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

way to disrupt the locker room right before Week 1 for absolutely no reason other than saving a few million 

what a ***** joke. We already had one of the least talented offenses in the league with Mccoy now we basically have a bottom 5 offense again. 

What crazy talk this is...

He averaged 3.2 yards a carry last year.

• Like (+1) 2