Lesean McCoy cut!

McCoy looked great and I suspect that the Bills screen game will be much improved this year. 

There is an awful lot that the Bills aren't showing yet.  Last week it was work on the short pass and Allen carved Carolina up and Beasley showed us what a load he'll be in the season.  Last night the BIll's focused on the run and Shady, Gore and Singleterry all shined,.  The Bills rushed for 126 yards in the first half and that was WITHOUT the threat of play action passes.  But we haven't seen to many screens and not much down the field either.  Look for a very different offense in week 1 against the Jets.

23 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Trade Shady? What could we realistically get for him? A fifth or sixth? It would be a cap dump I guess but I think we might as well keep him for veteran leadership.

I would rather keep him too compared to what we would probably get in a trade. But I will throw what is maybe an unpopular opinion out there - I think Singletary is going to have a couple breakout performances and get a ton of attention. McCoy will not be able to handle that (think AB/JuJu), and will demand a trade by the deadline. The Bills might do it just to avoid drama. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would rather keep him too compared to what we would probably get in a trade. But I will throw what is maybe an unpopular opinion out there - I think Singletary is going to have a couple breakout performances and get a ton of attention. McCoy will not be able to handle that (think AB/JuJu), and will demand a trade by the deadline. The Bills might do it just to avoid drama. 

I think you're spot on.  He isn't this great locker room/team guy that others proclaim.  He's not going to gracefully integrate into a secondary or 3rd line role.  He's an alpha, it's a young mans game.  Looking at what young RBs have done, I support the young guy getting a bulk of the carries by week 9. 

6 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

I think you're spot on.  He isn't this great locker room/team guy that others proclaim.  He's not going to gracefully integrate into a secondary or 3rd line role.  He's an alpha, it's a young mans game.  Looking at what young RBs have done, I support the young guy getting a bulk of the carries by week 9. 

I like Shady, but i think he’s not ready to accept the “mentor” role and doesn’t have much time left in his career. Sure he wants the money the Bills are paying him but i feel like his agent (rosenhous) is going to push for him to have a bigger role knowing he’s on his way out of Buffalo after this year anyway. I just don’t see Beane playing games with him and will move on if Shady wants to move on. Obviously he will want something in return though and it will all depend on the health of the RB room at the time. If gore is hurt by then, forget it. Imo

Edited by YoloinOhio

Shady looked good, but Singletary looks like the real deal.  

I wasnt big on the pick, but so far I’m ready to eat crow.   

It seems like Shady and Gore will split the feature back spot with Singletary coming in to spell both of them.   I dont hate it... 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Shady looked good, but Singletary looks like the real deal.  

I wasnt big on the pick, but so far I’m ready to eat crow.   

It seems like Shady and Gore will split the feature back spot with Singletary coming in to spell both of them.   I dont hate it... 

Running back by committee works for me. keep all 3 fresh. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Sunshower said:

He looked like a Pro Bowl caliber of RB. I have egg on my face for saying he should be traded, there is no way you trade him at this point. I was completely wrong.

We are going to have a very good running game this year. That will be a nice change from last year where we couldn’t gain more that a yard on running downs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

McCoy has more value to the Bills than he does on the trade block. He may still have it, but a 31 y/o RB on the last year of his deal MIGHT get you a 4th if you're lucky. 

I've been shutting down the "Shady will be gone" chat in my circle for weeks. People point to last year's numbers, while seemingly disregarding how terrible the offense was last year, with a poor O line. 

Never said we were going to get "anything" for him but he could still be shopped.

19 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Never said we were going to get "anything" for him but he could still be shopped.

You said you had a feeling he was being "showcased" for a trade, which typically means that a team or teams have called and want to see production to determine value. I didn't get that feeling at all. If any player last night seemed to be "showcased", it was Jones. He has more trade value right now than McCoy.

I'm sure many players are "shopped", in the sense that if a team calls, they'll answer and entertain offers. I read your post as to say that "there's something in the works, and McCoy will likely be gone soon". Thats being "showcased". All I was saying is that, in all likelihood, he has very little value as a trade asset, and there's simply more benefit to the Bills in keeping him at this point. Now if a team is desperate and offers a 3rd, maybe even a 4th, I would seriously consider trading him, but that doesn't seem very plausible.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL

Anyway, Gore looked at least as good.  Guess he'll be in the Pro Bowl too?

Don’t you know that pro bowl nominations are based upon preseason performance?

What are you, new?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

People are hilarious.  The same crowd that craps on Peterman for pre-season success gives credit to RB who's running into a vanilla D, and a collection players that won't be playing together when real bullets start flying.  I didn't see what you guys did, and that was with the offense focusing on the run game with Allen in, for some reason?  He needed to work on his timing on short and intermediate routes.  Second day of training camp after OTAs, you should be able to run the ball. 

You know they more than likely knew we were running and still got hit for big gains.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Get him into space and he can still play. He's no longer elite or a standalone feature back, but he provides value to THIS team and has no trade value. Considering his cap number means virtually nothing, who are you keeping in his place? Yeldon? Wade who can easily be PS'd? Nah. I'm good with Shady, Gore, and Singletary. Not so enthralled with Dimarco, but he'll make the 53. Not quite sure that he cuts on a dime anymore; maybe a quarter. But he showed that burst(albeit to a lesser degree) that made him a top 5 back for so many years. I'm good with McCoy right now.