Lesean McCoy cut!

He looked like his old self last night. He had some great runs, 2 of them came back because of penalties but not his fault. I still think he is the best running back on the team. Embrace the moments between him and Gore because we got 2 Hall of Fame running backs in the same backfield and that never happens.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Mark me down as unconvinced. Last night the Bills were obviously focusing on the running game but with the exception of a couple plays the holes really weren’t there...especially up the middle. We may have two accomplished backs but geez the O Line could really use a Center!

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mark me down as unconvinced. Last night the Bills were obviously focusing on the running game but with the exception of a couple plays the holes really weren’t there...especially up the middle. We may have two accomplished backs but geez the O Line could really use a Center!

Reportedly, Morse will be ready week 1. Whether he gets enough practice time before that to hit the ground running (pun intended) remains to be seen, but they are being extra cautious with him due to his history. He’s been at practice all along, not sitting in a dark room somewhere 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reportedly, Morse will be ready week 1. Whether he gets enough practice time before that to hit the ground running (pun intended) remains to be seen, but they are being extra cautious with him due to his history. He’s been at practice all along, not sitting in a dark room somewhere 

We better hope so. The line hasn’t had any push at all up the middle...and they’re going to need it.

1 minute ago, Sunshower said:

He looked like a Pro Bowl caliber of RB. I have egg on my face for saying he should be traded, there is no way you trade him at this point. I was completely wrong.

LOL

Anyway, Gore looked at least as good.  Guess he'll be in the Pro Bowl too?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL

Anyway, Gore looked at least as good.  Guess he'll be in the Pro Bowl too?

I don’t understand what’s so funny, Shady looked like himself. Gore looked great too, as did Singletary. It’s a good situation to be in because there is no way Allen carries this team on his arm.

3 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I don’t understand what’s so funny, Shady looked like himself. Gore looked great too, as did Singletary. It’s a good situation to be in because there is no way Allen carries this team on his arm.

We shall see.  If they are going to use McCoy for 6 runs a game--maybe you're right.  Given a giant hole--he can still run through it.....

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Agree, Shady did look himself, running into the line for no gain or loss of one.  Granted he had less than ten total attempts so hard to gauge, he had two decent runs but the rest were for losses for the most part.

I think it could come down to who they feel gives them more total overall value, him or Yeldon and keep one of them, plus Gore and the rookie.  Maybe MoCoy gets the nod for locker room presence.

39 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I found it a little interesting that Singletary didn't play much last night. Can't imagine he's going anywhere. I'm 99% sure shady won't be here in a week. 

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Yes, he looked good.  An improvement over last season's play.  BUT, I couldn't shake the feeling that the BILLS may be "showcasing" him for a trade?

Trade Shady? What could we realistically get for him? A fifth or sixth? It would be a cap dump I guess but I think we might as well keep him for veteran leadership.

Edited by Nick the Greek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Yes, he looked good.  An improvement over last season's play.  BUT, I couldn't shake the feeling that the BILLS may be "showcasing" him for a trade?

McCoy has more value to the Bills than he does on the trade block. He may still have it, but a 31 y/o RB on the last year of his deal MIGHT get you a 4th if you're lucky. 

I've been shutting down the "Shady will be gone" chat in my circle for weeks. People point to last year's numbers, while seemingly disregarding how terrible the offense was last year, with a poor O line. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

He looked like a Pro Bowl caliber of RB. I have egg on my face for saying he should be traded, there is no way you trade him at this point. I was completely wrong.

Are you kidding me! Have you lost your mind! If you take a position on this site never back down from it! Never admit to being wrong! Have 2500 post taught you nothing?

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, Shady did look himself, running into the line for no gain or loss of one.  Granted he had less than ten total attempts so hard to gauge, he had two decent runs but the rest were for losses for the most part.

I think it could come down to who they feel gives them more total overall value, him or Yeldon and keep one of them, plus Gore and the rookie.  Maybe MoCoy gets the nod for locker room presence.

He’s always been that way though. He had two monster runs that were called back due to questionable calls. I guess the refs couldn’t wait until the regular season to screw the Bills.

People are hilarious.  The same crowd that craps on Peterman for pre-season success gives credit to RB who's running into a vanilla D, and a collection players that won't be playing together when real bullets start flying.  I didn't see what you guys did, and that was with the offense focusing on the run game with Allen in, for some reason?  He needed to work on his timing on short and intermediate routes.  Second day of training camp after OTAs, you should be able to run the ball. 

Edited by YodaMan79
  • Awesome! (+1) 1