Games Bills are scouting

YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

nice plays in the first half by both teams. poor decision by not taking the points at the end of the half. you think these players know scouts are there? some explosive plays by robinson and harris.

Najee Harris is... as advertised. Glad he didn’t he didn’t end up at Michigan 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Threw together a Google Doc to track the games that Buffalo is scouting (based on what Yolo has posted in here as well as a BuffaloRumblings post) and as a result, highlight prospects that play for those teams that appear in Matt Miller's rankings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EGcKt-3OhHND7shQmY9LREGwBxtnUcFwQtQDz2U-3tk/edit?usp=sharing

TLDR, Buffalo has been on hand for the following (emphasis mine):

QB: 4/10

RB: 3/15

WR: 6/15

TE: 3/13

OT: 5/12

OG: 5/12

OC: 1/11

DL: 4/13

Edge: 7/15

LB: 4/15

CB: 5/14

S: 3/10

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated my Google Doc with all the games Yolo has posted about (and also the updated version of Matt Miller's positional rankings). Also made a couple formatting tweaks to make my life a whole lot easier lol. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EGcKt-3OhHND7shQmY9LREGwBxtnUcFwQtQDz2U-3tk/edit?usp=sharing

The results:

QB: 6/10

RB: 5/15

WR: 16/30

TE: 1/10

OT: 7/15

IOL: 7/15

IDL: 7/15

Edge: 10/20

LB: 8/15

CB: 9/20

S: 6/15

Some other notes:

• Brandon Beane has personally attended games for the following teams: Maryland vs. Penn State, Ohio State vs. Northwestern, and Alabama vs. LSU
  • The Bills scouted 4 Ohio State games this year, which I believe is the most they've ever scouted of a single team over the past few years.
  • No mentions of us scouting Georgia or Clemson, which is kinda shocking (though I would like to think there was some Bills presence at the SEC Championship game and will be at the CFP games, so I would assume we will check those two off soon enough).

I’d hope they assumed Clemson would be in the playoff... ACC and all.

Alabama is probably a must scout multiple times. That offense has a lot of big name picks. Jeudy Ruggs and Smith could all be Round 1 WR’s, Harris is likely a day 2 back. And their LT is likely a Round 1 pick as well. 

15 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I’d hope they assumed Clemson would be in the playoff... ACC and all.

Alabama is probably a must scout multiple times. That offense has a lot of big name picks. Jeudy Ruggs and Smith could all be Round 1 WR’s, Harris is likely a day 2 back. And their LT is likely a Round 1 pick as well. 

Yeah, that's basically how I feel as well. Between Alabama's roster itself and also the other SEC teams, going to multiple Alabama games makes a lot of sense. Same goes for Ohio State at this point, though 4 times (plus in all likelihood 1 or 2 playoff games) is a lot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.