To all Bills fans in the hurricane’s path

12 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

You live here long enough and you know what has to be done. You get prepared ahead of time and things will work out. I’m just pissed I may miss the opener if I have to work recovery at my job. Oh well, life goes on. 

Unless I live on the coast right where it hits, it’s just a nuisance. If you live in older housing or manufactured housing, that’s a totally different level of concern. Seek safety, pray for the best, then clean up. It’s just stuff. Life goes on. 

I will miss the opener for the first time in.........well, I can’t remember the last time I missed a single game. I’m excited about my reason, so it’s all good! 

Stay safe, people! 

When we moved to NC in the late 90s we thought about the coast but decided against it specifically because of Hurricanes.

It has to be like living in a special kinda hell watching one coming at you for a week and having it blow up to a Cat 4 or 5 when it’s only a few days away. No thanks!!!

We have friends on the NC coast near Morehead City who got knocked out of their house by Michael last October(?) and still aren’t back in there yet.

Meh..I lived here in Florida since 79 I was 2.Been through this many times.If anything other than a cat 5 comes I'm not worried about my safety. It is however a huge inconvenience to deal with clean up,no power,no air,no ice,no working street lights and sweaty balls.Nothing that makes me want to consider leaving at all you just take it as it comes and deal with it.I make a boat load of money putting up shutters and plywood so it can be an economical benefit to some.People that high tail it for a cat 3 make me laugh.You just drove how many miles to safety not knowing if the storm may follow you.I can understand people with health issues ect.Again I wouldn't mess with a cat 5 but I have been directly hit with 3 cat 4 hurricanes with the eye passing my house and I never once feared for my safety.Stay safe and inside ,board your windows and make some babies people and go Bills

If you live inland-I live in Orlando- please do not do anything stupid. I use to work in insurance and often the worse damage and injury came from stupidity then from unavoidable things. These storms are mainly a headache but remember they can be deadly if you are not careful.

2 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Thanks, it is a part of life here but can be unsettling nonetheless. But worst part as usual is the sensationalism of event itself and thank goodness it may not even hit here. It’s four days away and gas stations are empty, water and generators gone. But got me plenty of beer and even found some Batty Blues! Lol But hope everyone here stays safe and let’s gather in Miami for the game!  

Found a random Blue Light pint can at Publix today. All is good here in Cape Coral

• Like (+1) 1

Have lived down here for over 25 years and before that the east end of Long Island, this would be my 10th hurricane. They are not to be trifled with. You do what you need to prepare and know when it is prudent to leave. False bravado will not serve you well.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Have lived down here for over 25 years and before that the east end of Long Island, this would be my 10th hurricane. They are not to be trifled with. You do what you need to prepare and know when it is prudent to leave. False bravado will not serve you well.

In the immortal words of Ron White (paraphrased).....it’s not THAT the wind is blowing, it is WHAT the wind is blowing. When that yield sign goes through your spleen, the MPH won’t matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

Been living in Florida since 1959, Miami to Daytona beach. Saw what Donna did in 1960 when in Mia. Went through the triplets in 2004, that was scary. All Canes are dangerous. If you live in low lying area find a place to get higher if it's on track to you. Otherwise stock up, stay inside. Make sure your generator is working and not inside your house. From there trust whatever God has planned for you.

Edited by nero1
  • Like (+1) 1

Well, living in Tampa, and it is looking better and better to move to the East so the East coast will probably face hurricane conditions, but always a positive if the eye doesn’t hit land.

what really stinks for the East coast is not just flooding, but probably losing power for an extensive period of time.  Most Buffalonians are not used the 90’s with high humidity.  It will be brutal on them if that happens.  On the west coast, we most likely have anything happen to us.

8 hours ago, Bills fan in 561 said:

Meh..I lived here in Florida since 79 I was 2.Been through this many times.If anything other than a cat 5 comes I'm not worried about my safety. It is however a huge inconvenience to deal with clean up,no power,no air,no ice,no working street lights and sweaty balls.Nothing that makes me want to consider leaving at all you just take it as it comes and deal with it.I make a boat load of money putting up shutters and plywood so it can be an economical benefit to some.People that high tail it for a cat 3 make me laugh.You just drove how many miles to safety not knowing if the storm may follow you.I can understand people with health issues ect.Again I wouldn't mess with a cat 5 but I have been directly hit with 3 cat 4 hurricanes with the eye passing my house and I never once feared for my safety.Stay safe and inside ,board your windows and make some babies people and go Bills

B3DF06D7-7A84-4B00-80D7-980C1AB88F64.jpeg

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1

I hope all heed the warnings of their local authorities and get out of harm's way if possible. Things can be replaced, people cannot. This storm is a monster and is forecast to get stronger. Be safe everyone. Prayers for all. 

WE have been hit with a few the past couple of years here in SC.  Just hoping this slows even more and can somehow stay of the coast.  I have a kid in school and it stinks when they are out 3-4 weeks due to the storm.  I have a generator, fan, and smaller tv just in case.  I wont miss my Bills no matter what.  Unless it stalls and hits Sunday☹️.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If you live inland-I live in Orlando- please do not do anything stupid. I use to work in insurance and often the worse damage and injury came from stupidity then from unavoidable things. These storms are mainly a headache but remember they can be deadly if you are not careful.

I'm by UCF and i'm sacrificing a table for Dorian in my backyard....

Live in Tallahassee and woke up to good news. Still, prayers to those in the path.

Edit: I worked for FDEM during the 04-05 hurricane seasons and I've learned the projected path could change again by tomorrow. My generator is good to go, plenty of gas and plenty of chef boyardee. To anyone in the path, take care of yourself 1st. Most material things can be replaced.