To all Bills fans in the hurricane’s path

Keep your heads down, prayers out to all of you!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

After living in SW Florida for 18 years, I can tell you it is FULL of Bills fans. Another 12 years in Hilton Head, SC and we have plenty of hurricane experience. Cat 1-3 was never a HUGE worry, but Cat 4-5 you’d better respect! Please be smart. You can see it coming, it’s not an earthquake. At the very least get away from the storm surge. You can rebuild a house and buy new “stuff”. Take care of your families. 

• Like (+1) 4

We are still recovering from Hurricane Michael which was a CAT 5.... 

Its definitely life changing and what people don’t realize is 10s of thousands of people’s lives are going to change... yes the material things will be replaced but the hardship is real, what it does to people and their livelihood and mental psyche is tough.  It’s a lot to say the least....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

We are still recovering from Hurricane Michael which was a CAT 5.... 

Its definitely life changing and what people don’t realize is 10s of thousands of people’s lives are going to change... yes the material things will be replaced but the hardship is real, what it does to people and their livelihood and mental psyche is tough.  It’s a lot to say the least....

Luckily for me I left Homestead AFB before Andrew hit.  Friends and their families who lived thru it had a very rough time.

It's not an "unmanly" thing to be careful.

Thanks, it is a part of life here but can be unsettling nonetheless. But worst part as usual is the sensationalism of event itself and thank goodness it may not even hit here. It’s four days away and gas stations are empty, water and generators gone. But got me plenty of beer and even found some Batty Blues! Lol But hope everyone here stays safe and let’s gather in Miami for the game!  

• Like (+1) 1

Been through 3 big ones since I've been here in SWFL, and quite a few tropical storms. It's looking like this one may miss us here. Hoping the high moves out quicker and the storm just goes north in the Atlantic and not bother anyone

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Luckily for me I left Homestead AFB before Andrew hit.  Friends and their families who lived thru it had a very rough time.

It's not an "unmanly" thing to be careful.

Every single person I talked to that stayed... every single one of them thought they were going to die. For almost 2 hours having to hear the storm, windows break, your roof being torn to pieces, shaking apart etc....

We left. But anything higher than a 1.... I’m just gonna go for a drive for a few hours or evacuate for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

Been through 3 big ones since I've been here in SWFL, and quite a few tropical storms. It's looking like this one may miss us here. Hoping the high moves out quicker and the storm just goes north in the Atlantic and not bother anyone

Thats what I am hoping for  Its days away and town is wiped out of bottled water/gas  They keep saying track is going to head west and each days its stuck at a nw heading

6 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Thanks, it is a part of life here but can be unsettling nonetheless. But worst part as usual is the sensationalism of event itself and thank goodness it may not even hit here. It’s four days away and gas stations are empty, water and generators gone. But got me plenty of beer and even found some Batty Blues! Lol But hope everyone here stays safe and let’s gather in Miami for the game!  

A tennis buddy at the park in Atlanta (because he has kids and grandkids here) is actually primarily a Jacksonville citizen. He was showing me the track yesterday, wondering if he should go back to protect his stuff. We both laughed! He’s a recently retired Admiral from the navy. His house is block construction, but he’s on the water, a canal or something. I asked him “what, exactly are you going to do?” This met chuckles, but I know the nervous laugh when I hear it. 

Praying for the best for everyone. The latest track I saw was it goes down from 4 to 1 by the time it hits Orlando. That’s just a rainy day, from my experience. 

It feels like weather channel/media went a little over the top with their models/forecast Most of the state is in a panic  I've been through a bunch of them  The way those things move makes little logical sense.  Weatherman cant tell me if its going to rain 24 hours out in Florida but they can forecast where a storm will be in 5 days?  Better to be safe than sorry though

• Like (+1) 1

Me and the Mrs are sailing from Sandy Hook to Cape May starting tomorrow in the am, we are on a slow ride to the Bahamas, this time of year we are glued to the marine weather forecasts. Mother Nature is not to be fooled around with. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Every single person I talked to that stayed... every single one of them thought they were going to die. For almost 2 hours having to hear the storm, windows break, your roof being torn to pieces, shaking apart etc....

We left. But anything higher than a 1.... I’m just gonna go for a drive for a few hours or evacuate for sure.

My wife lived through Andrew.  She still has to have a flashlight in every room, "just in case." 

That was an unholy B word-mother of a storm.

11 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

LOL Kind of a misleading title as who know where it's path is anymore. 

Relatives in Florida were debating coming up to us to evacuate.  Now we're more in the path and we may want to head to Florida.

The latest track has it going further east, if it keeps this way, it may miss Florida altogether, let's hope

• Like (+1) 1