Well if you believe in History Repeating itself, Bills will win Superbowl

MAJBobby

Of note:

The last ELEVEN Superbowl champions were .500 or better in the pre-season.

Predictive?  No scientific basis? 

You combine this with the Seahawks similarities and this thing is a done deal.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This year feels like 1988. We were 12-4 and went to the AFC Finals that year. We were 4-12 in '86, and 7-8 in '87. Kelly's first two years with the Bills.

They were 6-6 in 87. Those strike games DON'T COUNT.

10 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

We might want to hold off on this.  The 2013 Seattle Seahawk defense was incredible.  They destroyed Peyton Manning and the dominant Broncos offense (ranked 1st overall that year), holding them to 8 points.  This Bills defense is no where near that.

The real Happy Gilmore would never say these things.

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The real Happy Gilmore would never say these things.

A little more pessimistic than I would like to be.  But it's true, no way this defense is in the same league as the 2013 Seahawks, which is mentioned alongside all time great defenses such as the '85 Bears, '00 Ravens, etc.

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

But does have the pieces to be one.

It may have some of the pieces, though the defensive line could use more upgrades.  I think the biggest difference is defensive coaching, Dan Quinn >>>>> Leslie Frazier.  IMO, this defense will not be elite under Frazier.

Interesting. I was thinking we might see the Philadelphia Story II. Talented but raw rookie QB takes big leap forward in second year, leading team to playoff berth, but gets injured. Former hyped R1 backup takes them the rest of the way....