Kiko requests a trade (update: Traded to Saints)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I doubt they would cut him, but it didn’t look like he was starting 

He's not getting cut.

Dolphins are tanking this year and their best bet to put forth the worst product possible is to keep Kiko on the team.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct ... and then McD went BACK to Peterman to start last season.  

I could see that. In fact, Gregg coaching the Jets D is scaring me ... his psycho crap tends to work for a little while (except as HC in Buffalo, but we're used to that) before he wears out his welcome.

Why? I hope he brings it every down because, with the exception of Adams,  he doesn’t have the back seven, especially the CBs,  to stand up to a steady diet of man coverage on an island all game. But I suspect he’s aware of that, too. Which is why I doubt he will be so reckless. If he can’t get sustained pressure out of his front four, that back seven will be exposed. And I say that knowing that Jamal Adams is an All Pro waiting to happen. 

I mean, Kiko is a cheapshot artist and a complete steakhead, but I really can't fault him for wanting out of that complete clownshow going on down there. Good for him, by this time tomorrow he'll be cut and can sign with whomever will take him.

If some team did want to trade for Kiko, they'd have to be offering draft picks.  The fish are rebuilding, and not stocking their roster for this year.  

Kiko was an outstanding rookie who got hurt, missed a season, and has never been the same since.  He's not worth even a 7th for the Bills situation.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

It has to be one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history.  Seriously.

Even more so than getting a 3rd round pick for Tyrod Taylor.  I swear to God, I still cannot write that without smiling ear-to-ear.

Beane's a Witch, although I've heard a rumor he is divine these days.

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

If some team did want to trade for Kiko, they'd have to be offering draft picks.  The fish are rebuilding, and not stocking their roster for this year.  

Kiko was an outstanding rookie who got hurt, missed a season, and has never been the same since.  He's not worth even a 7th for the Bills situation.

You wouldnt give a 7 to see the other teams QB get cheap shotted for a change?

Edited by formerlyofCtown

5 hours ago, WhoTom said:

But yeah, the Kiko for Shady trade was astoundingly lopsided both in theory and on the field. Kiko showed promise in his rookie year, so I can see how Chip wanted to roll the dice on him, but he put way too much on the table for that to have been a reasonable gamble. Best case scenario, Kiko becomes as good at his position as Shady is at his, in which case there's no real gain.

Chip, what were you thinking? I mean, thanks! But ... what were you thinking??

Interesting (to me anyway) comparison:  today we're talking about two coaches who want(ed) to build their locker rooms just so.  Kelly wanted Shady gone from his locker room and thought he was getting a player he could use in Kiko.  Meanwhile, there's no way no how McDermott would want a Kiko (mediocre skill set, dirty reputation)  in his locker room so any speculation about him coming back here is just us fans having fun talking about it.  McDermott will keep a Lorax or a DiMarco around longer than other coaches because he wants them in his locker room and he'll let Kyle Williams score a touchdown because he wants to recognize leadership and character.  Kiko's not that kind of individual.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kiko cut by Miami and end up in Dallas or Oakland.  They have different theories about who you want to keep around.