Bodine traded to the Patriots for a 6th round pick

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Dante Scarnecchia might make us sorry. Is there a better OL coach out there? But I’ll certainly take this deal. To get anything for him is pretty amazing. 

I’m watching 3rd quarter replay form last night. Beane interview is worth the watch. 

I really enjoyed Beane's interview as well. Don't get me wrong, I understand liking a guy and the guy being good at the job, are two different things.  Take Rex for example I don't like that type of guy, but I understand many do. Too many overlooked he couldn't coach simply because he was entertaining.

And I understand Beane's dishing his own agenda and we shouldn't bet on anything we think he said. But (here it comes) with that said, I like the way he comes across.  So far, so good. Glad he seems like such a class act.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I actually thought Bodine played pretty well in Eric Woods absence before the injury. It was good to get the draft pick from them but I'm never a fan of giving the Pats anyone serviceable and Bodine is a decent player when healthy imo.

Er....Bodine & Wood never on Bills together

Bodine busy getting pushed back into Daltons lap when Wood out in 2016

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Er....Bodine & Wood never on Bills together

Bodine busy getting pushed back into Daltons lap when Wood out in 2016

I meant when Wood retired from the injury not replacing him. Yes centers get pushed back, name a center who has never gotten pushed back ? I'm not saying the guy was an all pro but he wasn't as bad as fans are making him out to be and we just gave the Pats a serviceable player when they didn't have one at all, again I'm gl;ad we got the pick but I'm not happy it was from the Pats is all I'm saying.

9 hours ago, JoeF said:

Can you see Bodine on the torture rack with Belichick saying....tell me about the Bills Offense you mother *****.  Tell me all you know....  Bodine saying--gee boss I swear its the same; I swear its the same.

Bodine would say but I was *pretending* to be bad so I would be traded to you.  I am on your side!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I meant when Wood retired from the injury not replacing him. Yes centers get pushed back, name a center who has never gotten pushed back ? I'm not saying the guy was an all pro but he wasn't as bad as fans are making him out to be and we just gave the Pats a serviceable player when they didn't have one at all, again I'm gl;ad we got the pick but I'm not happy it was from the Pats is all I'm saying.

We’ll have to disagree.  Bodine played better than Groy but not saying much.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, colin said:

He's had WRs at DB, RBs at WR, WR at RB, TE at WR, TE at RB, LBs who play from like safety down to DT in a 4 man obvious passing down, ILB who rush the passer vs certain formations, from the edge of the line up, and when there are injuries he's had RTs move to LG, C move to RT, and like a guy from the snack stand come in and long snap.

The guy from the snack stand used to snap in college for 4 years before mission for church. That should not count!

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t like the intel we just shipped to the Pats. You never give them even the slightest advantage, because they’ll fully exploit it. And I still don’t buy the “Daboll’s offense is Belichick’s offense” argument. Daboll’s offense, while based on the Pats, has likely evolved over the years. Plus, he’s certainly not using the same terminology or play calls as Hoodie anymore. That is now with the Pats. I would’ve rolled the dice by cutting him. 

8 hours ago, Logic said:

There are two ways of looking at things in life: Glass half full and glass half empty.

A "glass half empty" person says "pffft. 6th round pick. Who cares?"

A "glass half full" person sees that the player was going to get cut anyway, so the Bills just got a free draft pick.

You are always, always, ALWAYS a "glass half empty" person when it comes to the Bills. That's fine. That's your prerogative. It just gets grating after a while. It must be a real bummer of a way to go through life.

There is a difference between a half full person and someone who pokes hole in glass to ensure it leaks.

48d4c54dd57e4226d592b01024a636bf.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I thought Joe Biden joined the board.

5 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

He might be depth.

there is no possible way he can become much more than he already is.  a center who needs help from his guards in PP.

Maybe they are same blood type and center in hospital needs transfusion or bone marrow donation or something.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I actually thought Bodine played pretty well in Eric Woods absence before the injury. It was good to get the draft pick from them but I'm never a fan of giving the Pats anyone serviceable and Bodine is a decent player when healthy imo.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Dante Scarnecchia might make us sorry. Is there a better OL coach out there? But I’ll certainly take this deal. To get anything for him is pretty amazing. 

I’m watching 3rd quarter replay form last night. Beane interview is worth the watch. 

So did Groy when Eric was out.  Eric was a better center than many gave credit for. 

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So did Groy when Eric was out.  Eric was a better center than many gave credit for. 

There is so much more to what a center might be asked to do than folks realize. some centers can make all the line calls because of how well they read defensive alignments.

they are few perhaps.
Groy could block but not make the right calls. Bodine could not pass block without help.
Wood was getting moved around quite a bit after his leg injury and maybe before. But he was smart as heck and could make the calls

Morse is likely even better.

let us pray

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

KC made it to the playoffs with him out for 5 games.  

KC made it to the playoffs with him playing 11 regular season games and both postseason games.

See what I mean about CHOOSING what we focus on?

Pessimism may be your bag, but it ain't mine.

I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!!!

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1