Bodine traded to the Patriots for a 6th round pick

HappyDays

5 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Patriots are scared of the Bills and want intel

I wonder how russell feels  about waterboarding ? and then being left out back by the dumpster.
jk

he might be a better fit for for them lol

Beane is impressive . of that ? Have no doubt

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

As terrible as he is, there just aren't many good centers out there. I think it's become a much more important position over the years with the development of elite interior pass rushers and crazy exotic defenses that college centers just don't see very often. 

and why Bills have 3 who rotated in.

Centers are the heart and soul, and make the Offense go clickety clack down the track

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well that’s silly.  I mean NE probably isn’t really concerned with us right now anyways. 

They probably should be

GRRR  !

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Initial reaction was..great, now they'll bleed him for info but the more I think about it, watch him turn into a stud pro bowl C to replace Andrews, who has an Illness?  It's the Cheatriot way

He might be depth.

there is no possible way he can become much more than he already is.  a center who needs help from his guards in PP.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well that’s silly.  I mean NE probably isn’t really concerned with us right now anyways. 

Nor will Bodine be there when Daboll constructs a specific game plan to play NE***

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Shows the good job Beane has done on the OL. Two playoff caliber teams trading picks for players that wouldn't make the Bills.

OL is such a thin position around the league. Bills were smart to stockpile at the position in the offseason and sell off anyone who didn’t make the cut 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

He might be depth.

there is no possible way he can become much more than he already is.  a center who needs help from his guards in PP.

If Bodine improves with the Pats, I'll be shocked.  Against legit NFL talent, Bodine struggles in anchoring his block and maintaining his block.  He lacks the strength and foot quickness to be effective.

7 hours ago, Nester said:

I like the trade (load up on those picks)

HOWEVER, watch him have a pro bowl year under Billy B....

Dante Scarnecchia might make us sorry. Is there a better OL coach out there? But I’ll certainly take this deal. To get anything for him is pretty amazing. 

I’m watching 3rd quarter replay form last night. Beane interview is worth the watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Andy Reid wants to trade up for a QB, I'll pass. If Belichick wants ANYONE, I'm hanging up the phone.

Either way, I think it's quite likely both Teller and Bodine would have been cut, but the Pats may very well have not been able to get Bodine. It IS cool to get some comp for players likely to be cut. Meh. Not a big deal. Bodine may be a little better than he's given credit for here, but he's still JAG.