Bodine traded to the Patriots for a 6th round pick

HappyDays

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Andrews to Bodine is a huge drop off. That’s the biggest win here for the Bills. The pick is just icing. 

Not going to help Bodine when he’s facing the Bills defense.

But it will help the Pat's defense when their facing the Bill's offense

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I doubt Bodine provides one drop of intel that Belichick isn’t already well aware of.

We give Belicheat too much credit sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

But it will help the Pat's defense when their facing the Bill's offense

It won’t matter. They don’t need any help. Please rewatch the Pats games vs the  Bills offense last year. It was a complete mismatch.the Bills needed better talent, they appear to have upgraded, but that is what is going to beat them. That Pats D already has their #. Daboll runs the same offense they do. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It won’t matter. They don’t need any help. Please rewatch the Pats games vs the  Bills offense last year. It was a complete mismatch.the Bills needed better talent, they appear to have upgraded, but that is what is going to beat them. That Pats D already has their #. Daboll runs the same offense they do. 

Yep. Talent trumps scheme. Every. Single. Time.

3 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

There has to be some truth to this (anatomical references aside).  I mean, I've never played the game, but that has to get into your head, right?  If you're Bodine, and you've been getting creamed for 5 weeks in training camp against these guys (particularly Oliver), that's going to stick in your head come game day.

"I got this.  I got this.  He's not that good.  I got this..."

WHAM.

"Yep, I remember that.  I remember that.  Jesus.  I couldn't stop that two months ago..."

And that's in the first quarter.

Bodine is southern for "Caught in an endless backpedal"

• Haha (+1) 1

As terrible as he is, there just aren't many good centers out there. I think it's become a much more important position over the years with the development of elite interior pass rushers and crazy exotic defenses that college centers just don't see very often. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Why are people shocked that bodine has some value?

He started like 45 straight for the Bengals and line play around the league is piss poor

He is still easily one of the best 40-45 centers in the world

Shhh. Common sense doesn't work here. 

Beane did a great job of signing versatile linemen which made Bodine expendable even knowing Morse injury history 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Im not sure what side of the commentary I’m on here. Is it a sadder commentary about last year’s OL that two of the starters were gonna be cut or is it a happier commentary on the quality of players Beane brought in to replace them? 

I choose to believe the latter.

Both of those guys shipped out that were presumed cuts were also Beane picks/signings 

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Both of those guys shipped out that were presumed cuts were also Beane picks/signings 

No kidding. Glad he didn’t let that stand in the way of making necessary upgrades. And it isn’t like his “misses” are out the league, either. One garnered interest from multiple teams and the other is now playing for the SB champs. Beane isn’t afraid to move on from his previous signings. That’s a good thing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

No kidding. Glad he didn’t let that stand in the way of making necessary upgrades. And it isn’t like his “misses” are out the league, either. One garnered interest from multiple teams and the other is now playing for the SB champs. Beane isn’t afraid to move on from his previous signings. That’s a good thing.

I agree. The overall talent of the OL on paper looks so much better than last year. 

Id just hold off on the genius label until we actually see better results on the field.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Touche!!

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I agree. The overall talent of the OL on paper looks so much better than last year. 

Id just hold off on the genius label until we actually see better results on the field.

I don’t recall labeling Beane a genius. There’s a difference between that and not labeling him a dumb ass like his detractors enjoy doing around here. 

Don’t they have the best oline coach in the nfl?  Like by all accounts, he is the best position coach in the nfl.   I freely admit I don’t watch o linemen so I have no idea how good he is.  

If you o line guys think he was going to get cut, better to get something for him.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Don’t they have the best oline coach in the nfl?  Like by all accounts, he is the best position coach in the nfl.   I freely admit I don’t watch o linemen so I have no idea how good he is.  

If you o line guys think he was going to get cut, better to get something for him.  

Yeah, I imagine that if any other team had made this trade like Arizona we'd be laughing at them. I guess it depends if Scar is a better o-line coach than everyone else.

3 hours ago, Cash said:

Like I said in the Teller thread, it's very encouraging that we have players who aren't good enough to make the 53-man roster, but are good enough to have trade value.

Not to mention to have trade value to the NFL's most dominant team for two decades running...