I hope Eddie Yarbourgh makes it

He really gave it his all to win a spot on the roster.  Of course, I'm bias, the more University of Wyoming players the better. Speaking of former Wyoming players, If Chicago drops WR Tanner Gentry, the Bills ought to pick him up.  Allen and him were money when they played in Laramie together.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

He really gave it his all to win a spot on the roster.  Of course, I'm bias, the more University of Wyoming players the better. Speaking of former Wyoming players, If Chicago drops WR Tanner Gentry, the Bills ought to pick him up.  Allen and him were money when they played in Laramie together.

There were 3 of them on the field last night.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Good preseason player.. not so good regular season player.  

Strongly disagree.  I thought he was great last year in spot duty.  I think he'd be a huge loss of depth if cut

• Like (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

He helped his case last night IMO.

Da Bears waived Gentry and signed him to their practice squad 2x last year and the Bills passed even when their WR corps was putrid.  So apparently they don't see that connection as "money" in the NFL.

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't think we can afford to cut any DE's, need the depth.

So tell me where we need less than normal depth?  Everyone wants to see at least 6 or even 7 WR, some posts calling for 4 to 5 TE's Something has to give someplace else if keeping more than 4.

He could be the next trade.

Yarbrough has for years now looked like a stud in the pre-season playing against two's and three's, only to be just another guy when on the field in the regular season. 

He can definitely play pro football, and I expect him to be on a roster all year, but if it isn't ours I wouldn't sweat it much. DJ has way more upside. 

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So tell me where we need less than normal depth?  Everyone wants to see at least 6 or even 7 WR, some posts calling for 4 to 5 TE's Something has to give someplace else if keeping more than 4.

Do we really need 6-7 WRs?  Or 3-4 TEs?  Or more than 3 RBs?  There are a number of places to make room for a DE.  I hope you're not counting on Trent Murphy staying healthy.  DE, and really the DLine, is thin at depth.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Do we really need 6-7 WRs?  Or 3-4 TEs?  Or more than 3 RBs?  There are a number of places to make room for a DE.  I hope you're not counting on Trent Murphy staying healthy.  DE, and really the DLine, is thin at depth.

Well if you go by what's the popular choice, many more people here calling for 6 to 7 WR's than DL.  So to answer your question, according to the experts here on this site, yes WR is a bigger need!   Everyone here's in a panic over Morse staying healthy so would think based on that OL should also be a higher priority.  I'll promise you one thing, there's a much better chance of Kroft missing the 1st game due to injury than Murphy.  If as Beane mentioned, they keep him on the active 53, likely one of the extra roster spots will go to TE.  So again TE also may be higher than DL.  Personally I do think Kroft ends up on PUP,  but will see,

Are you saying they need more than 2 backups or their backups aren't very good?  If it's that they aren't very good, can't see wasting a roster spot on more mediocre talent.  Or are you saying for some strange reason 2 backups at DE isn't enough for the Bills even though  that's pretty much the norm for every other team?

Murphy had one major injury and missed a year.  Could he re-injure it sure, but just as likely it doesn''t happen or just as likely a players who's never ever been injured gets hurt in the 1st game.  And if it does happen, then you place him on IR and sign someone else.  Seems to me Lawson has missed more time that he has over the past few seasons.    If you're adding depth just in case someone were to get hurt, then you probably need extra players at every position and the numbers just don't add up.

There's probably one "wild card" spot open on each side of the ball to add a player above the normal roster allotment.  Will it go to Yarbourgh, maybe.  Certainly no one extra a DT competing against for the spot.  Could come down to him or a CB.  Or for whatever reaosn, they decide to add both extra players to offense side

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

52 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think people don’t want to give up the potential talent they see at WR, not that we need the depth there. 

I believe we need the defensive line depth in McD’s scheme because of how much he rotates our players on that line specifically 

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think people don’t want to give up the potential talent they see at WR, not that we need the depth there. 

I believe we need the defensive line depth in McD’s scheme because of how much he rotates our players on that line specifically 

Yeah personally I'd take Yarbourgh over Duke Williams myself.  But everyone here is in love with him. 

Reality is if they keep 6 or 7 WR's at a minimum one, maybe even two will not be active on game days.  Actually I think Foster may find himself inactive many games as he's basically a clone for Brown and doesn't really bring anything special where as Duke has size, McKenzie can do many things.  Likely the same can be said for the DL too if they keep 9, one will not be active barring injury. 

What it likely will come down to is who do they feel has more potential Duke or Eddie, or someone else no one has thought about?