Darryl Johnson told he’s safe

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's an interesting comparison.    Both angular with very long arms..........but I think Johnson has the frame to get bigger and stronger at the point of attack.    He is a football player who is a good athlete.   Lawson was like a track star who played football.   He tried hard and was a good teammate but he just lacked the instincts and ability to set the edge to play up to his workout numbers.   

Yeah...after watching Johnson again, Lawson just came to mind. You are right, both are angular and turn the corner in a similar way. Lawson was fast early on with a twitch to him. Almost a Merton Hanks like movement at times. Johnson has a good presentation himself and he should continue to define his own game. Johnson does not move around like a 7th round pick and he is fluid.

Edited by Rocket94

15 minutes ago, Nanker said:

He reminds me a lot of Jason Taylor. 

Passing on Taylor still hurts.    There were scouts and draftniks who had Taylor going in round 1 and the Bills passed on him twice and he went mid-3rd round. :doh:  The Wiley pick over Taylor really shook my faith in Butler that day but he bounced back in round 4 with Jamie Nails.   Nails was a talented OL and the Bills had massive need on the OL.    That was kinda' Butler's thing.........he would always leave a great pass rusher on the board for another 3-4 team like the Steelers to maddeningly scarf up in round 3 or 4 but still come away with good drafts.   FWIW......Dr. Z had both Taylor and Nails in his first round mock.

I am excited about Johnson but to some extent he is obviously being graded on a curve.   Hopefully his trajectory continues.

• Like (+1) 1