Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Airbornetrooper said:

He’ll be on the practice squad. If he clears wavers. 

Agreed. He’ll either on PS, and likely called up within first 3 weeks due to injury or ineffectiveness, or on another teams 53.

• Like (+1) 1

So, this means only 4 players are left from the Rex Ryan Bills going into year 3 of McDermott...........

Alexander, who is retiring at seasons end

Ferguson, who is strictly a LS

Hughes, who is the only player pre-Rex left on the entire roster

Lawson, who is gone at seasons end, unless he is phenomenal and gets tagged.

Talk about cleaning the gutters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Over the cap had us with 23m before shady release and we gain 6m. I’d trust spotrac over them though 

They had $25M after trading Bodine and Teller.  Should be over $31M now.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, WVUFootball29 said:

If he was a contributor on special teams he would have made the roster

i get it. But I feel like there good have been another scenario.  Whatever, I know the FO is smarter than me, but still...

Maybe they figure Allen doesnt have enough touch to throw Duke the fade like Barkley anyway haha

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Which means that DBs who couldnt run down Shady will be able to run him down.

Breakaway speed is a “nice” to have, not a “need” to have quality in a good RB. The HOF is packed with RBs who didn’t run a fast 40. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

As someone else stated yesterday. "Folks on this site tend to way overvalue marginal players"  i.e. Duke Williams, Eddie Yarbourgh, etc.

This is so true. Duke Williams is poster boy this year. 

As for McCoy, I am sure they tried to trade but as many others have stated the contract is a deal killer. In the end, I bet they decided to do him a favor and release so he could pick his landing spot. 

The RB corps is starting to look very similar to a NE Patriots group - multiple guys who all do something really well and they can use differently from game to game depending on the plan and the weaknesses in the defense they face. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

So, this means only 4 players are left from the Rex Ryan Bills going into year 3 of McDermott...........

Alexander, who is retiring at seasons end

Ferguson, who is strictly a LS

Hughes, who is the only player pre-Rex left on the entire roster

Lawson, who is gone at seasons end, unless he is phenomenal and gets tagged.

Talk about cleaning the gutters.

I think Lawson will stick around.  He will be a pretty good DE who can stop the run and becomes a good pass rusher.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I always suspected that the Gore signing was intended to be a motivator for Shady, given their close relationship.     Ironic that it ended up costing McCoy his job.

This is certainly another "big balls" Beane move.  Not sure Gore has more than 10 carries a game left in him.  And he's never played for a cold weather team, so it will be interesting to see his effectiveness in December and January.    Given who he is, I suspect he'll be fine.   But until we see it...

This, and I suspect Gore was ok with a backup role or he wouldn't have been brought in whereas Mccoy may not have been as receptive as a backup therefor is gone, but who knows what really went down.