Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

He has a lifetime 4.9 ypc in the regular season. He's actually played better in the regular season than during pre-season. I agree that he probably would not get anything in trade, but he's been a solid #3 back when given the chance. Give him his due credit; to say he's not an NFL player is a bit unfair and hard to back up when he's played solidly when given the chance in the actual NFL.

Yea I wish Murphy well

I don't think he's more than a high end 3 or a low end 2 but he has talent

Problem is there are 100 RBs with talent in the NFL , maybe more

4 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

No never the first, and if he does not get cut I will be VERY happy... just thought he'd be the odd man out but happy to see him in so far!

Don't mean to generalize, just noting to those who told me he was hot garbage and hasn't done anything nor will he that obviously McBean must think pretty highly of him to release WR's like Easley 1st after he caught more passes.

47 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Any concerns on injuries?

Nothing comes to mind. 

I also agree with @thurst44 about Murphy. We're just have a deep RB room. Singletary having an instant impact and looking like a potential steal , there's just no room with Shady,Gore,Yeldon . I'm pretty confident he'll get picked up. Can do alot worse than Murphy. I could actually see the Jets signing him . Believe they're a little thin at RB. Squeeze him for info in a huge week 1 game for both teams...

I'm looking for the run game to have a huge year.  Shady/Gore just know how to get those important first downs. They're both H.O.F level players with incredible work ethic. Then you got the young gun in Singletary who just has that vision out there . That natural vision you can't coach. Kid struck gold landing in this RB room as a rookie! With maulers like Ford , Spain , Feliciano , Morse , Dawkins  (OL looks pretty good on paper!) , I just see the run game having a huge bounce back year. Specifically Shady , looking more like 2017 , 1138 rushing 450 receiving , 9 TD . 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Murphy isn’t an NFL player. He looks fine in preseason but against other pros he disappears. Bodine and Teller are or have the capacity to be at least below average borderline guys. Murphy is just a preseason all-star unfortunately. 

So I agree there is no trade value for him but I do think he is an NFL player as a back end of a roster running back who can contribute in the return game. He shouldn't be a number 1 or 2 back anywhere but wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as a 3rd or 4th back and special teamer on a roster by next week. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I spent a night with Swen Nater in Nashville! Great guy! Somehow, I went home with a bag of his dry rub for various meats. Yes, drinks were involved. 

You spent a night with ?... went home to dry rub..

nevermind..

• Haha (+1) 4

Hey, don't get this thread off track, let's get back to the Braves.

And why were they called the"Braves"? Was that connected to the Seneca's? Was it reparation for the Kinzue Dam theft? Anyone ????

Wow! When they were in their prime years it was a fun team to watch and cheer for. Ernie D was my favorite.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Hey, don't get this thread off track, let's get back to the Braves.

And why were they called the"Braves"? Was that connected to the Seneca's? Was it reparation for the Kinzue Dam theft? Anyone ????

Wow! When they were in their prime years it was a fun team to watch and cheer for. Ernie D was my favorite.

Yes it was! Loved the team. I made All Star in a Church Basketball League and the game was played at the Aud just before a Sonics/Braves game. I dropped a swish from what would later become 3pt range. Great thrill & time! Loved Ernie D from Providence too. Loved ‘em all, from Elmore Smith to Adrian Dantley

Edit: preferred the blue unis over the originals.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We were Braves season ticket holders...well, my father was.

mid court, about 12 rows back.

Took those years for granted.  ?

if they could have just made it to the early 80s after bird and Johnson got here.

@Chandler#81

honestly, can you image this city with three major sports franchises today?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We were Braves season ticket holders...well, my father was.

mid court, about 12 rows back.

Took those years for granted.  ?

if they could have just made it to the early 80s after bird and Johnson got here.

@Chandler#81

honestly, can you image this city with three major sports franchises today?

Still dream about it, D2D.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Blast from the recent Past...Google search this morning on "notable nfl cuts"  brought me to a link on all teams. 

I started to read AFC East and quickly realized it was from LAST year - lol.

Still thought I'd share to recall some memorable names on here from Last Year's Training Camp final cuts..... 

LB Tanner Vallejo, DE Ryan Russell, WR Corey Coleman, DE Mat Boesen, OG Ike Boettger, DB Breon Borders, DB Ryan Carter, WR Kaelin Clay, OT Gerhard de Beer, WR Malachi Dupre, RB Keith Ford, DT Rickey Hatley, DE Albert Havili, OT Josh James, DE Mike Love, DB Dean Marlowe, TE Nick OâLeary, WR Cam Phillips, OT Mo Porter, WR Austin Proehl, C Adam Redmond, WR Brandon Reilly, RB Sam Rogers, LB Corey Thompson, TE Keith Towbridge, DB Levi Wallace, OT DeâOndre Wesley, LB Xavier Woodson-Luster, RB Travaris Cadet, DE Terrence Fede, DB Kelcie McCray, P Jon Ryan, WR Rod Streater, DT Tyrunn Walker

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beef on Weck said:

Blast from the recent Past...Google search this morning on "notable nfl cuts"  brought me to a link on all teams. 

I started to read AFC East and quickly realized it was from LAST year - lol.

Still thought I'd share to recall some memorable names on here from Last Year's Training Camp final cuts..... 

LB Tanner Vallejo, DE Ryan Russell, WR Corey Coleman, DE Mat Boesen, OG Ike Boettger, DB Breon Borders, DB Ryan Carter, WR Kaelin Clay, OT Gerhard de Beer, WR Malachi Dupre, RB Keith Ford, DT Rickey Hatley, DE Albert Havili, OT Josh James, DE Mike Love, DB Dean Marlowe, TE Nick OâLeary, WR Cam Phillips, OT Mo Porter, WR Austin Proehl, C Adam Redmond, WR Brandon Reilly, RB Sam Rogers, LB Corey Thompson, TE Keith Towbridge, DB Levi Wallace, OT DeâOndre Wesley, LB Xavier Woodson-Luster, RB Travaris Cadet, DE Terrence Fede, DB Kelcie McCray, P Jon Ryan, WR Rod Streater, DT Tyrunn Walker

?Yeeesh! I can smell that post from here!!

• Haha (+1) 1