Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’d suggest you let it go, but I fear deaf ears.

Hey, you want to let the NBA cash in on you go right ahead. Buy a jersey for a team that no longer exists and was stolen from your city. I'm guessing that the Toronto Bills would have been OK with you?

2 minutes ago, ColeB said:

I don’t care that they got a 6th round pick, why trade with the Pats?

The Bills DL know his weaknesses and tendencies better than any other Center the Pats* could field.

I think that is worth it let alone the 6th.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm curious to see what they do with Sills. I mean he looked ok at times but he's not quite ready yet. I'm not sure he makes it to the practice squad though. Do you keep him on the 53, as the last receiver on the roster isn't likely to dress on game day anyways? Tough roster crunch this year. 

I think Easley is on the PS before Sills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm curious to see what they do with Sills. I mean he looked ok at times but he's not quite ready yet. I'm not sure he makes it to the practice squad though. Do you keep him on the 53, as the last receiver on the roster isn't likely to dress on game day anyways? Tough roster crunch this year. 

i guess i can answer with simply:

No

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Bills DL know his weaknesses and tendencies better than any other Center the Pats* could field.

I think that is worth it let alone the 6th.

I get the sentiment.  I guess the thought is that they'd have ended up with him anyway more than likely.  At least this way we get something out of it.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Certainly.

and that is where we differ.

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I don't recall that, but certainly won't dispute it. I used to go the games fairly often. The President of my company was on the Board of Directors of the Braves and had floor tickets that were available for us anytime we wanted them. Even had John Shumate give me an impromptu lap dance while diving for the ball.

My recollection is we had him for two games, he played about four minutes each, and then we sold him for a million dollars. We didn't even trade him. At the time, in his contract, John Y Brown could keep any money he made from trades. So he sold Malone and kept the money. He sold McAdoo for all intents and purposes (John Gianelli and cash), plus Jim MacMillan I think and maybe some others.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I LOVE Braves throwback anything. Those unis are clean. I want the Leonard jersey.

Ditto, YOLO! Yes, them leaving STILL hurts, but these jerseys are Awesome! Trying to decide between MacAdoo, R. Smith or Kauffman custom job. Ernie No D?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I get the sentiment.  I guess the thought is that they'd have ended up with him anyway more than likely.  At least this way we get something out of it.

It's also not about Brady and his dislike of having pressure straight up the middle.

BB is going to want to run the ball a lot this year and we know Bodine's run blocking works.

EDIT:  My post confused some, let me clarify.

Bills fans know how BAD Bodine can be in the run game.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

BB is going to want to run the ball a lot this year and we know Bodine's run blocking works.

We do? I'm not sure that we know that.  I don't feel like we opened any holes anywhere last year nor were we opening lots of holes when Bodine was in this pre-season.

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

0 chance he makes the game day roster this season

He has alot better chances to clear waivers than Ray Ray or Duke

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He's not making the 53 this is the first game I noticed him other than "Oh hey he's out there too I guess." Maybe he makes the PS.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

We do? I'm not sure that we know that.  I don't feel like we opened any holes anywhere last year nor were we opening lots of holes when Bodine was in this pre-season.

That's my point.  Bodine is not very good (but NE is really hurting) and we know how to beat him.

This ain't Gilmore they traded it's Russ Bodine.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ditto, YOLO! Yes, them leaving STILL hurts, but these jerseys are Awesome! Trying to decide between MacAdoo, R. Smith or Kauffman custom job. Ernie No D?

Bob Weiss #8 FTW.

Braves%2075-76%20Head%20Bob%20Weiss.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would be absolutely shocked if he was picked up by another team. I’d actually be a little surprised if he made the Bills practice squad. IIRC, anyone that’s picked up off waivers has to be signed to the 53.  Maybe that’s different for the initial cuts here. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 3