Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

My story?

You want to hear...my story?

Anything in this general area right in here. Anything below the stereo and on this side of the bicentennial glasses.

Anything between the ashtrays and the thimble. Anything in this three inches right in here in this area.

That includes the Chiclets, but not the erasers.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Clippers should play a preseason game in Buffalo with these jerseys

image.thumb.jpeg.d8b9ba0f9a949ee6efe05e60dbb838dd.jpeg

If they did, id make sure I was there. I'm not even a huge nba fan but it be awesome

The braves moved before I was born, but the origin and stories always intrigued me. Plus the history of the francise is fascinating 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, the skycap said:

I didn't do it, Paul Snyder Sr. did

So why should we encourage the NBA to come to Buffalo with an inferior product, in an obvious money grab, to pull at nostalgia?  The NBA didn't give a rat's ass about Buffalo and it still doesn't.  F them and they horses in on which they rode.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm confused.  If the league conspired to screw Buffalo out of a team, in order to keep another team in a city where they wanted it, you'd pay money to that franchise ever again?

Let's say Bob Kraft wanted to move the Patriots to San Diego the NFL then brokered a deal between Pegula and Kraft wherein they'd trade franchises. Pegula gets the Pats and keeps them in Boston, Kraft gets the Bills and moves them to San Diego. You'd be ok with that at some point in the future?

That's exactly what happened with the Braves.  I don't watch the NBA. I don't give them 1 dollar.  Hell, I don't even eat Kentucky Fried Chicken because of John Y. Brown's scumbaggery in that sordid episode.

Buffalo could never had supported an NBA franchise, plus the Sabres and Bills, long term. Not enough revenue in Buffalo for three major franchises.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

So why should we encourage the NBA to come to Buffalo with an inferior product, in an obvious money grab, to pull at nostalgia?  The NBA didn't give a rat's ass about Buffalo and it still doesn't.  F them and they horses in on which they rode.

Inferior product?? You do know they just acquired Paul George and Kawhi Leonard? Or are you from Toronto and just pissed he left?

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If they did, id make sure I was there. I'm not even a huge nba fan but it be awesome

The braves moved before I was born, but the origin and stories always intrigued me. Plus the history of the francise is fascinating 

NBA channel is going to show a Buffalo Braves game in their Hardwood Classics series.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo could never had supported an NBA franchise, plus the Sabres and Bills, long term. Not enough revenue in Buffalo for three major franchises.

That doesn't mean that the method they lost the team was ultimately acceptable.  Buffalo lost the Braves so Boston could keep the Celtics. Hooray.

Not for nothing, but if that team wasn't intentionally broken up and sold off for parts they could have won a title.  They had 3 NBA Hall of Fame players in McAdoo, Dantley and Moses Malone and this was the NBA before Magic and Bird.  It's Major League only the rich jackass owner succeeds in the end.

3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Inferior product?? You do know they just acquired Paul George and Kawhi Leonard? Or are you from Toronto and just pissed he left?

It's a pre-season game.  You think they're gonna play?  How many minutes?  NBA teams sit stars in the REGULAR season let alone the pre-season.  You get to see the bench and the future D-League in action.

Edited by That's No Moon

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Time to get to one of those Chinese websites to snag a Braves jersey- that way you can still get some sweet Buffalo Basketball swag without forking over to the league that stole them away from Buffalo lol.

(I’m not condoning that, but it IS technically an option)

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Why are we talking about the LA clippers in the cuts thread? 

Because losing the braves is a cut that won’t heal :(

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so far McBeane has had the uncanny knack of striking gold in the late rounds.....

?We either need another six or we need to get rid of a six.  Otherwise our draft bares the mark of the Pats? 66...

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Haha (+1) 1