Bills Players Kneeling in End Zone

48 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

1 Screw Tebow.   

2  If Tebow were black what then? 

Take this :censored:to the PPP.   

44 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I respect the service men and women.

Don doesn't .. Just ask him about your children born while you are on deployment.  

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Bandit,

This crap is old.   Like I said it was turned into a political tool.

Who's God?     God the Father, Jesus. Allah, Buddha, Jehovah etc etc etc ?

That bong was on fire this morning ! 

Take a breath guy.   

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Mark,

I'm very proud of my four years in the Navy.  But it's not like I stormed the beaches of Normandy.  People need to put stuff into perspective.

I agree. Thanks for your service. Navy was an option for me but I don’t like ships and open water that much. Air Force was the only one that fit me. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MarkAF43 said:

I agree. Thanks for your service. Navy was an option for me but I don’t like ships and open water that much. Air Force was the only one that fit me. 

If I had it to do all over again, there is ZERO doubt that I'd have gone Air Force.  Thank you for your service, too.  Retirement is right around the corner!!  Good luck!

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The problem is all of your different screen names are still Canadian and you couldn't even win an argument with yourself.

if you think i have a mult on here, that is matching my quirks and jerks, i salute you...

I am a Marine Corp veteran, and have no issue with American citizens participating in social injustice protests, such legal protests have nothing to do with the United States military personnel, or veterans. Those that would convolute these legal protests into acts against military personnel and veterans are  violating the rights of American citizens.  The flag is not the military, it represents the country, worts and all.   All government employees are there to do work for the citizens not the other way around!  All military personnel serve to protect the rights and safety of the citizens who own this country. Protest for equal treatment of all citizens under the law is a Patriotic act. Why would a citizen work to take away a fellow citizens legal rights?  this would take away their own rights at the same time.  We are all citizens of a democratic republic, called America, Land of the free and home of the brave. So be brave, so we can all be free!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

no question that some are protesting according to their conscience

when it seems dissing the anthem is done as just another end zone TD funky chicken dance, with an eye to a big endorsement, that isn't respectable

17 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I am a Marine Corp veteran, and have no issue with American citizens participating in social injustice protests, such legal protests have nothing to do with the United States military personnel, or veterans. Those that would convolute these legal protests into acts against military personnel and veterans are  violating the rights of American citizens.  The flag is not the military, it represents the country, worts and all.   All government employees are there to do work for the citizens not the other way around!  All military personnel serve to protect the rights and safety of the citizens who own this country. Protest for equal treatment of all citizens under the law is a Patriotic act. Why would a citizen work to take away a fellow citizens legal rights?  this would take away their own rights at the same time.  We are all citizens of a democratic republic, called America, Land of the free and home of the brave. So be brave, so we can all be free!!

I didn't even want to respond to this. I don't want to fuel the fire, but I just want to be VERY clear.

A) I NEVER talked about taking away rights of anyone. I simply was using my own rights to put forth my own opinion

B) This was NEVER my intent of this thread. I seriously was curious as to what was going on in the end zone and I let my emotional self take control of my rational brain. 

C) If you or ANYONE would like to further discuss this with me you can do so in private message. Otherwise can we please talk about the original intent of the thread?

4 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

I didn't even want to respond to this. I don't want to fuel the fire, but I just want to be VERY clear.

A) I NEVER talked about taking away rights of anyone. I simply was using my own rights to put forth my own opinion

B) This was NEVER my intent of this thread. I seriously was curious as to what was going on in the end zone and I let my emotional self take control of my rational brain. 

C) If you or ANYONE would like to further discuss this with me you can do so in private message. Otherwise can we please talk about the original intent of the thread?

You're in a different forum now.  Fires are acceptable.   You'll note many of the original respondents will not return to this thread.  

1 minute ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Your right to speech is honored as it should be, but we should as a people not slip, by repressing other legal activities under other guise.  I am not a religious man per say,  but do support others rights to use the football field to express their right to prayer, even during the national anthem. 

Semper Fi,

Go Bills!!!

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Your right to speech is honored as it should be, but we should as a people not slip, by repressing other legal activities under other guise.  I am not a religious man per say,  but do support others rights to use the football field to express their right to prayer, even during the national anthem. 

Semper Fi,

Go Bills!!!

I'm assuming that you are gainfully employed. 

What would your employer's and coworkers reaction be if you used an important part of a workday to stage a public personal protest (that a big part of your employer's customers disagreed with?)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Semper Fi,

Go Bills!!!

There are two different things going on here. What I wish was true and what is true. 

What I wish was true: They knelt during the anthem and the minor protest shed a light on social injustice issues and brought more people to the cause

What is true: They protested during work hours on work property and during a time that caused more issues for their cause. 

Did I personally find it disrespectful? Yea. Do I find it disrespectful when someone next to me doesn't take off their hat or doesn't put their hand over their heart or doesn't stand up for the anthem? yeah i do. Do I go punch them in the face for it? Nope. That's their right. Did I think they should be rounded up and fired en masse a la Trump tweets. No. Did I think it was cool when I thought they might have found a cool compromise that would help their cause get more attention but without all the social drama. Yes. Silly enough, it was just players praying in the end zone anyway. So, moot point. 

FYI, now that we have moved into the politics zone I'm willing to talk again :P

31 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

welcome!!

sometimes it looks a lot worse than we honestly intended on a computer screen.

and sometimes people have "one of those days" or that's how they always are....

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

while this thread has nothing to do with football and should be moved to the politics section, I have to say it is a microcosm of what the problem is with our country today.  Instead of talking TO each other, we talk AT each other.  Instead of being able to realize that people can have different opinions on a given topic, and that it doesn't make them evil either way, we jump on folks who dare to speak something we don't agree with.

For the record, I think it's great players kneel down and pray before and after games; at the end of games I think it's great that the teams come together to do so.  I am religious and like that, but if you're not and you don't like it then that is fine by me.  I simply disagree.  As for the anthem I always stand at games, take my hat off and face the flag as a show of respect.  I do not think it's a sign of trashing our military if a player decides to kneel during the anthem as a sign of protest against what he believes in mistreatment of minorities, he has a perfect right to do that so long as his employer is OK with him using company time as it were to do so.  I know some veterans whose blood boils at that, and I respect their thoughts on it, just as I know some veterans who believe they fought just so a player can choose to exercise his convictions in that manner.  And I respect their thoughts on the subject as well. 

No one here is evil because they have a different opinion than you.  They simply have a different opinion.  We have to get to a point in this country where we all understand that, or we're going to fall apart.

I agree with you, but when an individual states they have a “special hatred” for fellow  American citizens exercising their legal rights, I tend to have an issue with that.  That individual needs to spend time examining why they have hatred toward another human who is doing no harm.  Maybe that’s just me...