Bills Players Kneeling in End Zone

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

However, in doing so they are disrespecting the anthem. In doing that they are disrespecting the very veterans who DIED to bring that right to them.

No they arent. Youre just too lazy to bother to understand why they are doing it. If you really cared about your service, and the foundation of our country, you would actually support them.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

So you have a special hatred for people that are possibly exercising the rights that you fought to protect and then since your Christian if they are doing something that agrees with you -it’s cool. Yeah that pretty much sums up people today. 

For the record I too am a veteran. And go ahead blast away, I won’t be mad because we’re allowed to have differing opinions- for now

Veteran, as well.  If players kneel during the anthem, that's their choice.  They're not harming anyone and are merely exercising one of our country's freedoms.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

When's the last time you body slammed a 12 year old child for not removing his hat during the anthem?

Look, I have literally said that I am a PROPONENT of the social injustice movement. I agree that something needs to be done. NOT the topic of my post though. I have edited this and many other messages, if not outright deleting them because I didn't want THIS. I simply wanted to post something i thought was cool. 

Edited by Bills4Ever4Life

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

1 Screw Tebow.   

If Tebow were black what then? 

Take this :censored:to the PPP.   

Dude, c'mon...plenty of black athletes knelt and prayed on the field before games.  The only reason the kneeling became an issue was because it occurred during the anthem.

You know that.

1 minute ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

First off, I never claimed to be a "tough-guy" just a veteran. Someone who was deployed and actually fought for the very freedoms that they are using. I am not dictating to people what they should or should not be doing I am simply stating that it sucks that they did it and are still doing it in some cases. "Hey, these guys fought for our freedom to say what we want!! Let's use that to attack the thing they stood for while fighting for us!!". Not a big fan of that. Am I going around screaming for them to be removed etc. Nah. Last time I checked though I also had that same freedom of speech that I fought for and am allowed to state that I am not cool with it.

You seem to be very proud that you're a veteran - as you should be.

The national anthem is just a song.  How can an inanimate object feel disrespected?  Same goes for the flag.  I don't get that logic at all.

The ability/right to silently protest is one of the things veterans "fight/fought" for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Dude, c'mon...plenty of black athletes knelt and prayed on the field before games.  The only reason the kneeling became an issue was because it occurred during the anthem.

You know that.

Bandit,

This crap is old.   Like I said it was turned into a political tool.

Who's God?     God the Father, Jesus. Allah, Buddha, Jehovah etc etc etc ?

1 minute ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Look, I have literally said that I am a PROPONENT of the social injustice movement. I just didn't like how they went about using their freedoms to disrespect the very thing that gave them those freedoms to get their point across. I feel like their could be a good compromise that would get the message across without being so disrespectful.

Flags and anthems are inanimate objects.  They aren’t capable of being “disrespected”, nor are they capable of feeling anything at all.  And by the way, “Oh Canada” is a much better anthem than ”The Star Spangled Banner”.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You seem to be very proud that you're a veteran - as you should be.

The national anthem is just a song.  How can an inanimate object feel disrespected?  Same goes for the flag.  I don't get that logic at all.

The ability/right to silently protest is one of the things veterans "fight/fought" for. 

Amen  /mic drop 

• Hall of Famer
  •  
  • DrDawkinstein
  • Members
  • 19,580 posts
  3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

However, in doing so they are disrespecting the anthem. In doing that they are disrespecting the very veterans who DIED to bring that right to them.

No they arent. Youre just too lazy to bother to understand why they are doing it. If you really cared about your service, and the foundation of our country, you would actually support them.

Are you arguing with yourself??

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

they have been doing this for years.  They are praying.  They are probably thankful for the ability to play.  Maybe fearful their livelihood could end in an instant during the game.  Who knows?  Im not a religious guy, but good for them to take a moment in the chaos for some spiritualism.  

Whenever I go to a game, this is the most real and human moment I witness.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

kneeling.thumb.jpg.31f8b8e346687c1a11064b3d85a9fbfa.jpg

So I have zero issues with players kneeling as long as its not during the anthem. I am a veteran and have a special hatred for those that will do anything but stand with one hand over there heart and hats removed etc. This was NOT during the anthem.

At first I thought it was the new protest. However, they didn't all kneel and stand up together. Their heads are down as if they are praying. Just wondering if anything was said about this and whether this is the new "kneel" strategy (which i approve of since its not during the anthem) or whether this is just the more spiritual players praying before the game. I had never seen this at all last year. 

I also thought it was super cool that they came out to Skillet's new song Legendary. Sweet song that is kid friendly despite being hard rock. Oh and also I loved the new Buffalo Bills props that were all synced up blowing out smoke as the player ran out. That was pretty cool too. Glad to see they didn't plan on just keeping the same old intro for a decade ;).

I hope you're not a cop.  Anyone with a special hatred of peaceful demonstrators shouldn't be anywhere near a gun or a badge.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

they have been doing this for years.  They are praying.  They are probably thankful for the ability to play.  Maybe fearful their livelihood could end in an instant during the game.  Who knows?  Im not a religious guy, but good for them to take a moment in the chaos for some spiritualism.  

Whenever I go to a game, this is the most real and human moment I witness.

Thank you May Day 10. I can't believe I missed it all last year. Very cool. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Look, I have literally said that I am a PROPONENT of the social injustice movement. I just didn't like how they went about using their freedoms to disrespect the very thing that gave them those freedoms to get their point across. I feel like their could be a good compromise that would get the message across without being so disrespectful.

So people are being systematically killed in the streets, but they should be VERY CAREFUL about how they get the word out as not to offend your delicate feelings. Because that is more important than initiating change to prevent our government killing our citizens. Man, they really got you brain-washed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Bills4Ever4Life said:

OMG I am editing that line if not completely taking it out. It was a bit over dramatic anyway. It wasn't what I wanted my post to be about. 

Probably a good idea, but like they say  , you can't unring the bell.

while this thread has nothing to do with football and should be moved to the politics section, I have to say it is a microcosm of what the problem is with our country today.  Instead of talking TO each other, we talk AT each other.  Instead of being able to realize that people can have different opinions on a given topic, and that it doesn't make them evil either way, we jump on folks who dare to speak something we don't agree with.

For the record, I think it's great players kneel down and pray before and after games; at the end of games I think it's great that the teams come together to do so.  I am religious and like that, but if you're not and you don't like it then that is fine by me.  I simply disagree.  As for the anthem I always stand at games, take my hat off and face the flag as a show of respect.  I do not think it's a sign of trashing our military if a player decides to kneel during the anthem as a sign of protest against what he believes in mistreatment of minorities, he has a perfect right to do that so long as his employer is OK with him using company time as it were to do so.  I know some veterans whose blood boils at that, and I respect their thoughts on it, just as I know some veterans who believe they fought just so a player can choose to exercise his convictions in that manner.  And I respect their thoughts on the subject as well. 

No one here is evil because they have a different opinion than you.  They simply have a different opinion.  We have to get to a point in this country where we all understand that, or we're going to fall apart.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Bandit,

This crap is old.   Like I said it was turned into a political tool.

Who's God?     God the Father, Jesus. Allah, Buddha, Jehovah etc etc etc ?

I have no idea what you're saying here, but the point I was making is simple: the comparison to Tebow is misplaced. A guy kneeling to pray on the sideline right before he takes the field for an offensive possession is not going to be viewed the same as a guy kneeling in protest during the anthem.

And yes, the kneeling has become a political tool. 

2 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Agreed, however I would also like to state that I fully support their ABILITY to do so, while NOT being okay with it at the same time. I'm ALLOWED to think its disrespectful and to wish that they would do it at a different time. No I don't want to see any action taken against them I just wish they would move it to a different time so people could focus on the real issues their cause is about instead of their disrespect.

I've said from the beginning: the players are allowed to kneel, I'm allowed to think that they're buffoons for doing so, and the owners are allowed to cut them if they don't like it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Agreed, however I would also like to state that I fully support their ABILITY to do so, while NOT being okay with it at the same time. I'm ALLOWED to think its disrespectful and to wish that they would do it at a different time. No I don't want to see any action taken against them I just wish they would move it to a different time so people could focus on the real issues their cause is about instead of their disrespect.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion.  Being a veteran, however, is irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 1

Damn right, the flag is not a symbol of the Constitution and the freedoms for which our country has fought and died. The flag is a dividing line between those who want a particular way of life protected and segregated from all those others who bent on destroying what we hold dear. I don’t care what those people have to say because it’s clear they don’t have the same values as the rest of us and they just hate America for not being the way we want it. When they start abiding by our standards then just maybe we’ll give them a minute to speak up but not while my favorite show is on, oh, and not if they say anything I don’t want to believe.