Bills Players Kneeling in End Zone

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pegula looked out the window from the owner's box at that moment and started sweating....and looking for nautical metaphors to describe how he felt about it all....

...while in Foxboro, Kraft's nautical metaphor was dolphin flogging

Just now, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Good for them and personally pleased it wasn’t during the anthem. Also I think also points to just how close these guys are to be able to want to do that together at onetime. This team is a very close not group and will help to stick together during the season. JMO

I completely agree with you. Band of Brothers is the theme that sticks out to me for this year's team.

7 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Just wanted to be perfectly clear on my stance so as not to cause a stir :)

Honestly I brought it up because I thought it was cool and was looking for the meaning. Were they praying? If so, I'm a christian and find that to be VERY cool and if its been happening all along can't believe i missed it. If it's the new kneeling action for social injustice I also think it's super cool because I am a fan of the cause just not WHEN they were going about protesting. Either way I was just looking for fun conversation with you guys and thought i finally had a fun post to put up ;)

Understood, but you brought the anthem into it.  If they were kneeling while the anthem wasn't being played, then why even mention it?  And I'm not sure how a song playing over the loudspeaker would change anything.  The solidarity is still cool, IMO.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Good for them and personally pleased it wasn’t during the anthem. Also I think also points to just how close these guys are to be able to want to do that together at onetime. This team is a very close not group and will help to stick together during the season. JMO

None of those guys will be on the roster tomorrow night.

19 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

kneeling.thumb.jpg.31f8b8e346687c1a11064b3d85a9fbfa.jpg

So I have zero issues with players kneeling as long as its not during the anthem. I am a veteran and have a special hatred for those that will do anything but stand with one hand over there heart and hats removed etc. This was NOT during the anthem.

At first I thought it was the new protest. However, they didn't all kneel and stand up together. Their heads are down as if they are praying. Just wondering if anything was said about this and whether this is the new "kneel" strategy (which i approve of since its not during the anthem) or whether this is just the more spiritual players praying before the game. I had never seen this at all last year. 

I also thought it was super cool that they came out to Skillet's new song Legendary. Sweet song that is kid friendly despite being hard rock. Oh and also I loved the new Buffalo Bills props that were all synced up blowing out smoke as the player ran out. That was pretty cool too. Glad to see they didn't plan on just keeping the same old intro for a decade ;).

Another triggered snowflake

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Freedom of speech and freedom of religion are both in the Bill of Rights. 

Yep, but they don't allow you to do whatever you want in the workplace.

I'm all for freedom.  You want to pray? Great. You want to kneel during the anthem? Go for it.  Just understand that your employer can fire you for either of those things, because freedom of speech/religion does not equate to freedom from consequence of a private employer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So you have a special hatred for people that are possibly exercising the rights that you fought to protect and then since your Christian if they are doing something that agrees with you -it’s cool. Yeah that pretty much sums up people today. 

For the record I too am a veteran. And go ahead blast away, I won’t be mad because we’re allowed to have differing opinions- for now

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

kneeling.thumb.jpg.31f8b8e346687c1a11064b3d85a9fbfa.jpg

So I have zero issues with players kneeling as long as its not during the anthem. I am a veteran and have a special hatred for those that will do anything but stand with one hand over there heart and hats removed etc. This was NOT during the anthem.

At first I thought it was the new protest. However, they didn't all kneel and stand up together. Their heads are down as if they are praying. Just wondering if anything was said about this and whether this is the new "kneel" strategy (which i approve of since its not during the anthem) or whether this is just the more spiritual players praying before the game. I had never seen this at all last year. 

I also thought it was super cool that they came out to Skillet's new song Legendary. Sweet song that is kid friendly despite being hard rock. Oh and also I loved the new Buffalo Bills props that were all synced up blowing out smoke as the player ran out. That was pretty cool too. Glad to see they didn't plan on just keeping the same old intro for a decade ;).

image.thumb.png.8f6b0c50d583a6b32c281acf7d8850de.png

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Understood, but you brought the anthem into it.  If they were kneeling while the anthem wasn't being played, then why even mention it?  And I'm not sure how a song playing over the loudspeaker would change anything.  The solidarity is still cool, IMO.

I brought the anthem into it because if they WERE kneeling for social injustice and this is their "compromise", I thought it was very cool. I brought the song playing as an afterthought because I liked their choice in song. Just like I brought up the new Buffalo props. Really it was more of a "oh and btw i like some of the new stuff" kind of thing ;).

Edited by Bills4Ever4Life

Just now, Bills4Ever4Life said:

I brought the anthem into it because if they WERE kneeling for social injustice and this is their "compromise" ...not doing it during the anthem....then i thought it was very cool. I brought the song playing as an afterthought because I liked their choice in song. Just like I brought up the new Buffalo props. Really it was more of a "oh and btw i like some of the new stuff" kind of thing ;).

Interesting thought process.

You all are idiots, this has literally nothing to do with the anthem.  Every single game players do this, every single sport, every single team.  They used to follow Tebow around with camera to make sure they got the shot of it.  But now the "F*** your feelings/if you don't like it leave" people start clutching their pearls when they see anyone kneeling, and then they try to find something that they want to be offended by.  Get a new hobby.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't mean for this to come across in any negative way possible, but .... who cares?

Honestly, they're not making a noise; not looking at anyone; not hurting anyone. 

It clearly looks like they're praying .. which is par for the course.  But if not ... so what?

We, as a society, need to worry about/control our own actions and stop worrying about what everyone else - specifically if they're harming no one - is doing.

Personally, I think this kind of crap has been old and it's getting older.

I second this.      

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

I brought the anthem into it because if they WERE kneeling for social injustice and this is their "compromise" ...not doing it during the anthem....then i thought it was very cool. I brought the song playing as an afterthought because I liked their choice in song. Just like I brought up the new Buffalo props. Really it was more of a "oh and btw i like some of the new stuff" kind of thing ;).

So you joined the military only for the perk of using it as a self-righteous, tough-guy, trump card when dictating to other people what they should and shouldnt be able to do, not because you actually believe in protecting Freedom and Liberty for ALL Americans.

Got it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

You all are idiots, this has literally nothing to do with the anthem.  Every single game players do this, every single sport, every single team.  They used to follow Tebow around with camera to make sure they got the shot of it.  But now the "F*** your feelings/if you don't like it leave" people start clutching their pearls when they see anyone kneeling, and then they try to find something that they want to be offended by.  Get a new hobby.

1 Screw Tebow.   

2  If Tebow were black what then? 

Take this :censored:to the PPP.   

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

Yes, this has nothing to do with the anthem and honestly I should have taken my opinions out of the first line of my OP. I was genuinely just trying to figure out what was going on because I hadn't seen it before. 

Edited by Bills4Ever4Life

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't mean for this to come across in any negative way possible, but .... who cares?

Honestly, they're not making a noise; not looking at anyone; not hurting anyone. 

It clearly looks like they're praying .. which is par for the course.  But if not ... so what?

We, as a society, need to worry about/control our own actions and stop worrying about what everyone else - specifically if they're harming no one - is doing.

Personally, I think this kind of crap has been old and it's getting older.

Judging from responses, a fair number of posters do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Maybe special hatred is too strong. More like, a great dislike for the arrogance and ignorance of the masses. I was deployed. I have many friends who were deployed and some who never made it home. I wasn't even alive for some of the wars that took a HUGE amount of life in comparison so I can't imagine how those veterans feel. However, if you were in the military you know that standing and saluting or putting your hand over your heart during the anthem is a RESPECT thing. Do I feel they don't have the RIGHT to do what they are doing? Of course they do. However, in doing so they are disrespecting the anthem. In doing that they are disrespecting the very veterans who DIED to bring that right to them. So it all comes full circle. Sure, my friends and thousands over the years died for the right for them to do as they wish. However, they would all be rolling in their graves if they knew that how they decided to use that freedom was to disrespect the country they fought and died for. 

When's the last time you body slammed a 12 year old child for not removing his hat during the anthem?