Rookie K Chase McLaughin

YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

A team that expects to make the playoffs will go with a proven vet over a kid that may or may not be good.

I dare say we should get used to these type of decisions.

If Hausch hadn't had the injury last season and the yips last season/earlier this pre-season, I wouldn't question the decision at all.  However...

55 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

What are the chances he pulled a hammie on that last kickoff and goes straight to IR until 2020?

And a slightly more serious question:  suppose something like this happens and then a team lets the guy go with an injury settlement.  What are the rules on re-signing someone like that?  Are you banned for the rest of the year?

Not sure the exact rule, but after a certain time period they can resign with the team that they were released from. Probably like 8 weeks, but dont quote me on that 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, he had touchbacks on all 7 of his KO's but he only attempted 2 FGs (although his long was 54 yards).  Hopefully the Bills don't regret re-signing SH and letting him walk.

and every XP.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

We should teach him how to punt this week.  He can’t be worse than bojo the clown

That’s his New Name!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I wonder if the Bills are actively trying to trade him. He’s def good enough to be an NFL kicker. I’d be really curious to see if he can punt. Gotta remember Pat McAfee was a college kicker who transitioned to Punting in the NFL. 

If he can punt (which I half-jokingly asked earlier in thread), that would be amazing.  But unlikely.

38 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

can we trade them Haushka and his contract, and keep the rookie?

We can and I was thinking about this too.  It would be too much risk to run with the rookie kicker in high-pressure situations, without knowing that he can handle the pressure.  I'm sure we stick with Haushka for the next two years, barring an injury or complete break down in his game.

20 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

We can and I was thinking about this too.  It would be too much risk to run with the rookie kicker in high-pressure situations, without knowing that he can handle the pressure.  I'm sure we stick with Haushka for the next two years, barring an injury or complete break down in his game.

do you anticipate a lot of high pressure situations this year? I don't. By the time we are in that situation next year, he'd be a grizzled vet. just a thought