Hauschka wants to help Carli Lloyd pursue an NFL career

StHustle

3 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Have you seen the build of most Kickers? Have you seen the build of guys like Roscoe Parrish and Darren Sproles? Dudes are TINY... Assuming because she is a woman she's gonna get blown up and knocked out, again is just ignorant and stupid. 

Shes 5’7”, 141. 

Didn’t they teach Physics in your gender studies major?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MR8 said:

Have you seen the build of most Kickers? Have you seen the build of guys like Roscoe Parrish and Darren Sproles? Dudes are TINY... Assuming because she is a woman she's gonna get blown up and knocked out, again is just ignorant and stupid. 

chill out. stop with this. just because your feminine side is all worked up to see women in the nfl doesn't mean you have to go on this tirade calling people ignorant and stupid because they may not agree with your feminine side or believe women should be in the nfl. next thing you know you'll be advocating pink uniforms and helmets for christ sake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

chill out. stop with this. just because your feminine side is all worked up to see women in the nfl doesn't mean you have to go on this tirade calling people ignorant and stupid because they may not agree with your feminine side or believe women should be in the nfl. next thing you know you'll be advocating pink uniforms and helmets for christ sake.

The funny thing is, no one is really saying she shouldn’t be allowed to play. Just that even if she was good enough to kick field goals she’d be at a high risk of death because of how small she is. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dubs said:

Shes 5’7”, 141. 

Didn’t they teach Physics in your gender studies major?

Ok so roughly Carlos Santos size, the KC kicker. 

1) bet she’s in better athletic condition than any other kicker in the league

2) as a WNT striker, I’m sure she’s had her share of violent collisions, without pads. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok so roughly Carlos Santos size, the KC kicker. 

1) bet she’s in better athletic condition than any other kicker in the league

2) as a WNT striker, I’m sure she’s had her share of violent collisions, without pads. 

If by roughly you me 20lbs lighter, sure. 

Hey, I’m not saying she can’t be allowed to. I just cringe to think about seeing this poor person in a wheelchair for the rest of her life because someone like Jason Peters (remember when he played special teams) paralyzers her

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

Seriously though, I think women playing in the NFL in any capacity is unrealistic simply because of the physical aspect. I understand there are woman out there built like men but it's just different when a male kicker is getting laid out than if it's a female the target of those same hits. I can't see this happening.

I know kickers don't get hit all that often, but the one time it happens to her it could legitimately end her life. Although I have thought for a while kickers should have special protections. They aren't built like football players and they aren't meant to be physical. But until that changes a woman kicking in the NFL is a terrible idea and has the potential to blow up in the league's face.

1 hour ago, FiftyPercent said:

Let her play, I'd like to see what happens on returns.  

And these male feminists with their "women can do anything men can do" nonsense, just LOL.

Yeah, because male kickers are such a force in the return game...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

Hate to say it, but there’s so many players with domestic abuse issues... I worry that some players would wear taking out the girl kicker as a badge of honor.

I would hope not,  yet a possibility, We all read about acts of violence against women multiple times every year, and not just in the NFL. There are a lot of men in our society that are broken in this way. Sadly society as a whole does not take this issue seriously.  The numbers of women beaten or killed by men in America is frankly stunning.

I hope Lloyd is successful in her attempt to be a kicker in the league, but the thought of a 250lb guy putting a hit on her while she is holding the ball after a  fumbled snap is a little bit frightening to say the least.

Go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Shes obviously a long shot, but I have no issue with her trying. If someone wants to put in the time to help her, then I'm all for that too.

Everyone who says women can't do things men can do is just lazy and ignorant to what happens everyday. I have a friend who is great looking girl, super sweet and smart, could do literally any job in the world. I was surprised when she said she wanted to join the army. Talked to her a few weeks ago. She is the fastest women and 4th fastest soldier in her unit for PT training(cant remember the terms she used), she has the highest marksmanship of her unit and is leading a group of soldiers in army intel.

People earn spots based on their merit. If Carli Llyod is good enough at kicking a football to be on a team, she should be on a team. Shes not stupid, she would be well aware of the risks

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I would think a soccer star would be easier to make punter.  

And of course, we need one!!!

I reckon a goalkeeper could. Has the natural timing for kicking a ball out of their hands. 

Much like with Wade though, they'll have natural tendencies built up over years of playing a different sport which will hinder them. Most top level 'keepers tend to have a slightly side on approach to kicking the ball from their hands.

Some of the old 1980's style goalkeepers who kicked the ball straight on would have made a good fist of punting!

• Like (+1) 1