Does Tyree Jackson Remind anyone of Collin Kaepernick?

mykidsdad

The gamer in Jackson finally started to peek its head out in the final drive for Buffalo,

It might be the homer in me, but I love the kids arm and wouldn't mind seeing If Daboll can mold him into an NFL QB. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

The gamer in Jackson finally started to peek its head out in the final drive for Buffalo,

It might be the homer in me, but I love the kids arm and wouldn't mind seeing If Daboll can mold him into an NFL QB. 

He was never this awful on UB. ;) I really was surprised he looked so bad on throws when he had a lot of time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I take it as indicating people see a similarity in body type and overall playing style, not in skill level.

It's sort of like when we compare Allen to a young Big Ben or Cam Newton - Allen didn't bring the same pedigree or skill level into the league, but there is some similarity in body type, attitude, and playing style and we hope he'll grow into it

My viewpoint anyway on what's meant

I was actually taken aback by how overall awkward Tyree looked at times last night.  I was expecting a smoother and more polished athlete.  He looked as though he had to focus not to trip over his own feet at times.

Well there were times he did trip over his feet at UB...

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, StHustle said:

Measurables aside, I don't see Jackson having anywhere near the talent level of Kaepernick. There was a reason Kaepernick was a 2nd round draft pick and Jackson went undrafted. Based on what I've seen, Jackson's ceiling is a 3rd string journeyman. I like the kid and hope I'm wrong.

I don't see it either...Jackson was hyped us as a potential early round pick all college season and when the dust settled he was undrafted.

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ron Jaworski said CK was going to be the best qb ever! Now he was wrong but CK was dominant his first couple of years.  Even in his “bad” year, he had a 16 td to 4 int. 

I think Jackson has every single physical tool you need as qb.  He’s just not that refined.  Plus, for whatever reason, it is really hard for tall qbs.  I still really hope they give him a shot on the practice squad though.  

It's the windup for tall QB's with unusually long arms. They often aren't able to settle in the pocket and deliver in a timely manner. Rivers does it. Ben doesn't have the greatest release time, but he's such a horse that it hasn't hurt him. JA has a very solid release time, so that's not a concern with him. Tyree's release time is really poor. CK was able to succeed with a poor release time because he throws the ball accurately on the move. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tyree is a slightly quicker; far more inaccurate, insanely slower thrower, and indecisive version of Big Ben. He is young and seems to be potentially imposing. I would not be surprised if McBeane made him a 3rd QB/TE type player. 

End: Practice squad.

Edited by Paulus