Does Tyree Jackson Remind anyone of Collin Kaepernick?

mykidsdad

Does Tyree Jackson Remind anyone of Collin Kaepernick? Not his politics, but his ability and style? Long strides, laser throws. In a year's time I think Tyree could be a legit NFL QB, maybe on a team with a good defense that makes the most of his unique talents? I think Kap didn't start until year two, so the version of Tyree we're seeing is a year behind the version of Kap we all saw start in SF,  and I think Tyree could get there, and despite his limitations Kap was in a superbowl.

Kapernick Combine Stats

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/colin-kaepernick?id=2495186

Jackson combine Stats

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tyree-jackson?id=32194a41-4361-1082-9c52-07385a4368c9

I mean from the little bit of NFL playing time Jackson has had, he seems like bigger version of Kapernick. It is way early, but it gives me hope that our man Tyree may make it. Or am I way off on this?

You mean other than the fact neither will be on a 53 man roster this season?

Jackson has a far stronger arm than Kaep.  But until he gets an opportunity and also takes advantage of it, he can't hold a candle to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

TJ is physically imposing but there was a reason Kaep went in the top 3 and TJ undrafted

Coming out he is way more inconsistent, isn't as decisive as a runner , tho willing, and generally hold the ball too long looking for a big play

He's worth PS and developing for a season to see how he progresses but he needs to clean up alot

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 5

Measurables aside, I don't see Jackson having anywhere near the talent level of Kaepernick. There was a reason Kaepernick was a 2nd round draft pick and Jackson went undrafted. Based on what I've seen, Jackson's ceiling is a 3rd string journeyman. I like the kid and hope I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

Does Tyree Jackson Remind anyone of Collin Kaepernick? Not his politics, but his ability and style? Long strides, laser throws. In a year's time I think Tyree could be a legit NFL QB, maybe on a team with a good defense that makes the most of his unique talents? I think Kap didn't start until year two, so the version of Tyree we're seeing is a year behind the version of Kap we all saw start in SF,  and I think Tyree could get there, and despite his limitations Kap was in a superbowl.

Kapernick Combine Stats

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/colin-kaepernick?id=2495186

Jackson combine Stats

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tyree-jackson?id=32194a41-4361-1082-9c52-07385a4368c9

I mean from the little bit of NFL playing time Jackson has had, he seems like bigger version of Kapernick. It is way early, but it gives me hope that our man Tyree may make it. Or am I way off on this?

Besides Kaepernick having thrown for over 12,000 yards, 72 TDs, rushing for another 2,300 yards and leading his team to a Super Bowl vs Jackson struggling badly in preseason......umm sure why not.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

People forget how quickly Kaepernick took the league by storm.  He'd kill you with both his arm and legs his first few seasons.  You had respected NFL analysts saying he might be among the greatest to play the game by the time his career is over.  Then Harbaugh left and his career went downhill as quickly as it launched.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

People forget how quickly Kaepernick took the league by storm.  He'd kill you with both his arm and legs his first few seasons.  You had respected NFL analysts saying he might be among the greatest to play the game by the time his career is over.  Then Harbaugh left and his career went downhill as quickly as it launched.

Who, Jaws and Greenie? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

It's crazy. He took his team to the Super Bowl and now he's being compared to a guy who has debatable qualifications to even make the practice quad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, vincec said:

It's crazy. He took his team to the Super Bowl and now he's being compared to a guy who has debatable qualifications to even make the practice quad.

Once he got a little fame, football was not as important to him.  He also seemed to believe he had arrived when in reality he still had a lot of work to do.

Don't know what youre confused about Kenny, what I said is the truth.  Look at his career.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 3

I can see it.  You can compare body types, athleticism, and styles without saying they have the same expectations or success...or they would also take a knee.

Can Tyree "get there"?  I wonder how long he can stick around the league.  

He also reminds me of Jason Campbell (not on the same level) as a young player.