US Open Tennis

Augie

22 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I haven’t watched it in years but the US Open used to be one of my favorite events too watch.  I have more in my head though Capriotti, the Williams Sisters, and Martina Hingis how ever long ago that was.  I

honestly never heard of Coco.  This was my favorite match ever:

I loved Pete! Put a dime at the T or out wide, and he could hit it with his serve! 

I do think yacking on the court is a violation, however. 

On 8/29/2019 at 11:39 PM, The Plastic Cup said:

I used to go every year back in that era....the 80s/early 90s was incredible for tennis.

Wifey is actually flying out tomorrow night to meet up with friends in NYC for the weekend and going to the Open on Sunday.

Should I assume she is a BLUE plastic cup? Or perhaps fine crystal?

38 minutes ago, snafu said:

What a match is going on now! 6-7 in the 5th set. 

Berrettimi vs. Monfils. 

Mom here. The crowd is awesome. 

That was a great match.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Two great finals this year. Glad Nadal pulled it out, but that Mednedev was outstanding. 

WOW!!!  I flipped it over and Nadal had just gone up a break in the 3rd and I figured it was over.  Never turned it back.  Glad he held on, too!!

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

WOW!!!  I flipped it over and Nadal had just gone up a break in the 3rd and I figured it was over.  Never turned it back.  Glad he held on, too!!

Same here. Gave the dog a bath and washed his beds & toys, watched some of the Jints-Cowgirls game, made some luxurious French toast and bacon for dinner... and then a notification dinged after 9 p.m. that Nadal won in a five-setter. ?