WR's on the bubble, big dilemma tonight!

tomur67

3 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

I feel for the WR's wanting to make a final good impression and having Jackson firing wayward missiles. Good Luck.

I don't think there are going to be too many guys playing tonight who will have much of a chance, anyway. I suspect that the more snaps a WR gets, the less likely he's being considered for the 53.

2 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

I feel for the WR's wanting to make a final good impression and having Jackson firing wayward missiles. Good Luck.

I mean, I hear ya. BUT, this game, no matter who is QB, was always gonna be about discipline and responsibilities over ability. They already know who can catch and who can't. Can you block? Follow assignments? That is what tonight decides. no more, no less

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I mean, I hear ya. BUT, this game, no matter who is QB, was always gonna be about discipline and responsibilities over ability. They already know who can catch and who can't. Can you block? Follow assignments? That is what tonight decides. no more, no less

Oh do they?  Last 2 years+ they've been thinking Zay can catch.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Oh do they?  Last 2 years+ they've been thinking Zay can catch.

you know this as fact? you been to high level meetings? I mean...he DID catch more balls in college than Anybody...Ever.  just saying. If he can be upgraded, I have no doubt McBeane would make it happen. They've shown that nobody is safe. When and if an upgrade rolls along, he could very well be gone

20 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

Josh has his share of off target missiles, seeing Duke handle a few of them might help his cause.

Think of our WR's if John Brown and Bease are injured.  They're little dudes, it's likely one or both will miss time this year.   Let's say they both do at the same time, I think Zay would go back to slot, Foster/Roberts and McKenzie would be next up.    Zay caught 7 TD's last year, he's gonna be needed. 

I think they will go McKenzie and put Duke on PS.  

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

you know this as fact? you been to high level meetings? I mean...he DID catch more balls in college than Anybody...Ever.  just saying. If he can be upgraded, I have no doubt McBeane would make it happen. They've shown that nobody is safe. When and if an upgrade rolls along, he could very well be gone

This is not college, what he did then is no longer of any importance.

Oh, and what school was that he went to... just sayin,

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This is not college, what he did then is no longer of any importance.

Oh, and what school was that he went to... just sayin,

does it matter what school you went to, or who was throwing him the ball? point is, he can catch. physically speaking. whatever mental hurdles are there, this is his time to ship up or ship out. just like anybody's job. but the notion that he can't catch , physically speaking of course, is nonsense

20 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Homed in on Duke- looked slow. His size and strong hands is his best shot- ray ray looked hungry and quick up until I left with 4 min left in half or so- after that no knowledge 

I’m not sure it matters that much...He got 0 to no separation on those slant routes tonight, but his hands are so strong he’s able to clamp down, and he seems to have great vision. He doesn’t lose the ball in traffic when a corner puts a hand in there. I’d like to see him on this roster. I’m rooting for him and McKenzie to make the cut.

Have they played McKenzie tonight at all?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I’m not sure it matters that much...He got 0 to no separation on those slant routes tonight, but his hands are so strong he’s able to clamp down, and he seems to have great vision. He doesn’t lose the ball in traffic when a corner puts a hand in there. I’d like to see him on this roster. I’m rooting for him and McKenzie to make the cut.

I saw him return a punt.. Don't think he lined up at receiver. Ray Ray making plays in the 4th quarter..

9 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I only saw McKenzie on ST- don’t remember him at wr but I didnt stay for entire game. Yep, Duke no separation at all- he may of hurt his chances tonight

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Josh has his share of off target missiles, seeing Duke handle a few of them might help his cause.

Think of our WR's if John Brown and Bease are injured.  They're little dudes, it's likely one or both will miss time this year.   Let's say they both do at the same time, I think Zay would go back to slot, Foster/Roberts and McKenzie would be next up.    Zay caught 7 TD's last year, he's gonna be needed. 

I think they will go McKenzie and put Duke on PS.  

Duke will get picked up.  He won't make it to the PS.  Im not even sure Sills will make it there.

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't think there are going to be too many guys playing tonight who will have much of a chance, anyway. I suspect that the more snaps a WR gets, the less likely he's being considered for the 53.

So, it looks like the following WRs didn’t dress/play:

Brown, Beasley, Jones, Roberts, McKenzie, Foster (inj)

Could put Foster on IR and someone who played today could be the 6th?