Do You Like Liver?

Gugny

Do You Like Liver?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Liver?

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

No. 

"But you never tried MY liver. It's delicious".  It isn't. It sucks, as does all liver. I've had it a million different ways. Just can't get past the texture.

In general, I avoid all organ meat.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but you sound like a slow learner.   ?

Maybe it’s just liver related. I bet that’s it! 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but you sound like a slow learner.   ?

Maybe it’s just liver related. I bet that’s it! 

I'm a people pleaser.

?

Not buying that? Well all I can say is, once or twice it was a girlfriend's mother or aunt or something. If I didn't feel like I couldn't refuse without insulting them, that's the only way I'd even attempt it. 

I will say my tastes have expanded a bit (hell, I wish I loved everything like my father), but I've also become more experienced in how to let people know I would rather not have something I know (OK strongly believe)I will not like. I figure it's better than having me puke all over their table.

Edit: I should clear up, I mean most of the times (after the first couple) were because I didn't feel comfortable not trying it, given the circumstances. A couple times it was GF related, but not all. Also, sometimes you know someone is a great cook, so you give them the benefit of the doubt. Liver? No more. Sweet Potatoes/Squash? No more.  

?

Are these world's worst emojis?

Edited by The Dean

21 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm a people pleaser.

?

Not buying that? Well all I can say is, once or twice it was a girlfriend's mother or aunt or something. If I didn't feel like I couldn't refuse without insulting them, that's the only way I'd even attempt it. 

I will say my tastes have expanded a bit (hell, I wish I loved everything like my father), but I've also become more experienced in how to let people know I would rather not have something I know (OK strongly believe)I will not like. I figure it's better than having me puke all over their table.

Edit: I should clear up, I mean most of the times (after the first couple) were because I didn't feel comfortable not trying it, given the circumstances. A couple times it was GF related, but not all. Also, sometimes you know someone is a great cook, so you give them the benefit of the doubt. Liver? No more. Sweet Potatoes/Squash? No more.  

?

Are these world's worst emojis?

I will not judge, as I have never walked in those shoes. I’m just glad you are still here to post with us! 

20 hours ago, millbank said:

I seen liver on my plate when I was about Five years old. I cried until they took it away. Such cruelty subjecting people to that

I had the same experience with czernina....yeah, I was young but I knew it wasn't "chocolate soup" my parents were trying to get me to eat. 

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

I had the same experience with czernina....yeah, I was young but I knew it wasn't "chocolate soup" my parents were trying to get me to eat. 

Yikes... I had to google machine that and dam glad we didn't take dads Polish heritage to that level.  "Chocolate Soup" hahahahahahahaha

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Calves liver patted with flour and bread crumbs, sautéed in olive oil, with onions and crispy bacon....very tasty. 

Well hell, I'd try that at least. That wasn't in the original instructions, however.

• Like (+1) 1

I do like liver with either onions or bacon.  However, my family demands that I never order liver when we're at a restaurant.

My all-time liver story came when I was in the Navy back in the late 60's.   When liver was on the "menu" you were given a slab of liver that almost covered the entire aluminum chow tray.  Not a pretty (nor appetizing) sight.

3 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

An ex girlfriend's father used to make it from scratch. I don't think I ever had to try it---at least I have no recollection. But to get into her parents' good graces I would have done most anything. So it's possible. Maybe I just blocked it out.

How ya doin' NG?

• Like (+1) 1