Do You Like Liver?

Gugny

Do You Like Liver?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Liver?

I've never had liver.  With or without onions.  I've smelled it.  That's why I've never eaten it.

I think I looks gross and smells gross and it is highly doubtful that I'll ever try it.

Maybe chicken fried.  I might try that.  Nah.  I'll never know.

Do you like liver?

Man ....  how to answer that poll

I've eaten it before when I was a kid because of low iron count.  but it had to be cooked just right.  Liver and Onion's in a brown gravy 

As an adult I've had it twice in the last 20 years 

Now my iron count is so high I can do the double dip at blood donation drives     LOL 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

No way do you put gravy on any liver. If the beef or calves liver is sauteed in butter to medium rare and served with caramelized onions, there is no stink and it melts in the mouth. A nice salad and a baked spud rounds out the meal. Heaven on earth for Mrs. flaz and me

• Like (+1) 1

Thirsty's here in the Cape has a female chef that makes it just right. I told her, last night, that she makes it almost as Mrs. flaz did. Unfortunately she hasn't cooked in 3 years

The biggest issue with liver is overcooking. It becomes shoe leather past medium rare or medium. Well done you can drive a nail with

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've never had liver.  With or without onions.  I've smelled it.  That's why I've never eaten it.

I think I looks gross and smells gross and it is highly doubtful that I'll ever try it.

Maybe chicken fried.  I might try that.  Nah.  I'll never know.

Do you like liver?

I love a good liverwurst. I hate straight up liver.

• Like (+1) 1

No. 

"But you never tried MY liver. It's delicious".  It isn't. It sucks, as does all liver. I've had it a million different ways. Just can't get past the texture.

In general, I avoid all organ meat.

• Like (+1) 1