*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

Top notch or not, I hope they recognize a 6-6 season with a loss to Holy Cross is under performing. Even if it ends with a Kotex bowl victory against a directional school new to D1

You wanna put a gentleman’s bet they win more than 6 games?

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Only if the Fordham (non D-1) game doesn't count. they shouldn't be scheduling those games to begin with

Ummm that is a D1 game…. Did you ever try to make an FCS football program?

Every kid on their team would smack you in the face if you said they’re not D1

It counts when Alabama plays citadel 

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

1AA... you know what I mean. The rest of your post is silly and unrelated. Except for the part about it counting when Alabama plays Citadel, I think that is a joke too and shouldn't count

The rest of what I said is important because you’re disrespecting those kids calling them not D1

You disrespect the University at Buffalo… You disrespect the players on the football team

Now you’re disrespecting players on Fordham saying they’re not division one

Your whole schtick is disrespect

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

and yours is being quick to play the victim

I am not a victim of anything… I’m not playing the victim

I live in America… I thank the Lord every day I’m born here

I’m not a victim of anything… 

I’m sticking up for the School which you make fun of… And now the kids on Fordham which you don’t respect

I’m not a victim… I just refuse to disrespect 20 year old college football players

but you think it’s cool

Edited by Buffalo716

5 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I can assure you the football players from Fordham aren't feeling any disrespect and don't need your faux outrage lol

I just hope they don't beat us like Holy Cross did last year

I Can assure you if you went to a fordham practice and said they’re not division one football players they would all be highly disrespected

Because every 1 AA player I know/knew… calls themselves D1 football players

Edited by Buffalo716

• 1 month later...

All I care about is that UB Bulls broke ground on there sport’s performance athletics center that will open for the 2024 UB Bulls football season. Then UB Bulls need to do something about UB Stadium starting with their outdated video scoreboard in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• 1 month later...

I saw that good luck to UB Bulls quarterback Cole Snyder but he is very limited as a quarterback. It’s disappointing that UB Bulls football program still haven’t brought in a quarterback that can run better and is more athletic. It’s going to cost us the MAC East again most likely because UB Bulls don’t get it with a duel threat run pass quarterback like Rourke at Ohio Bobcats we aren’t winning. UB Bulls are like the rest of the NFL AFC East teams that don’t have Josh Allen. Again if you can’t run like a running back with your quarterback you are not winning the MAC championship. Coach after coach at UB with the exception of Turner Gill don’t get it. It’s embarrassing Turner Gill got it with way less facilities than what UB Bulls football coaches have to sell to student athletes now. Turner Gill was smart he used Zack Maynard to come in to run the wildcat. Cole Snyder runs like he is carrying a piano on his back.

This UB Bulls coaching staff doesn’t get it. I am concerned about the new UB Bulls offensive coordinator DJ Mangas who is 34 years old a high school coach and never was a FBS college offensive coordinator before other than a short time at 28 years old at William and Mary what is it with Buffalo football teams and William and Mary football. Which could be good or could be bad we will see? But just because it worked out for Nate Oats for UB Bulls basketball doesn’t mean it will always work. I agree that UB OC Shane Montgomery had to go because of his conservative play and offensive philosophy from another time but I am not sure a high school coach with limited offensive coordinator experience was the way to go. I don’t like the William and Mary connection either Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott is a terrible leader and is very challenged as a head coach in my opinion. 

But UB Bulls head coach Maurice Linquist doesn’t get anymore passes now in year three if he can’t win the MAC championship in Detroit this season he needs to be fired as a head coach for failure. UB Bulls would be wise to move on with a new head coach regardless of the Camellia Bowl victory last season. I personally don’t see UB Bulls beating Ohio Bobcats this season. UB Bulls will probably play above there ceiling against Wisconsin Badgers than lose to some lowly FBS team they should have beaten. That sums up the Maurice Linquist era at UB Bulls which is disappointing other than Camellia Bowl victory it’s mediocre at best for Maurice Linquist. Maurice Linquist won the Camellia Bowl I get that which was great. But was it Maurice Linquist the head coach or the UB donors investment in MAC football at UB? I will go with the UB donors investment in MAC football for winning the Camellia Bowl over anything great that Maurice Linquist has done or brought to the table for UB Bulls football. Maurice Linquist has cultural advantages coaching at UB over the other MAC schools it’s ridiculous these UB coaches should be winning. I would clean house everyone gets fired if UB Bulls lose in football, men’s and women’s basketball head coaches go. I have seen enough of the UB Bulls women’s basketball program run into the ground that Felisha Jack built after she left for Syracuse Orange ridiculous. It’s time to fire UB athletic director Mark Alnutt if UB Bulls don’t start winning MAC championships in football, men’s and women’s basketball. You can win at UB athletics now because of the facilities. Again hopefully Maurice Linquist wins but I have my doubts on Maurice Linquist being anything more than winning enough to not get fired but most likely never winning the MAC championship because he doesn’t get the offensive part of the game as a defensive coaching background like a Lance Leipold who was a quarterback coming from a offensive coaching background. Plus I think Lance Leipold was a better program builder than Maurice Linquist just telling like it is hopefully I will be wrong in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

I saw that good luck to UB Bulls quarterback Cole Snyder but he is very limited as a quarterback. It’s disappointing that UB Bulls football program still haven’t brought in a quarterback that can run better and is more athletic. It’s going to cost us the MAC East again most likely because UB Bulls don’t get it with a duel threat run pass quarterback like Rourke at Ohio Bobcats we aren’t winning. UB Bulls are like the rest of the NFL AFC East teams that don’t have Josh Allen. Again if you can’t run like a running back with your quarterback you are not winning the MAC championship. Coach after coach at UB with the exception of Turner Gill don’t get it. It’s embarrassing Turner Gill got it with way less facilities than what UB Bulls football coaches have to sell to student athletes now. Turner Gill was smart he used Zack Maynard to come in to run the wildcat. Cole Snyder runs like he is carrying a piano on his back.

This UB Bulls coaching staff doesn’t get it. I am concerned about the new UB Bulls offensive coordinator DJ Mangas who is 34 years old a high school coach and never was a FBS college offensive coordinator before other than a short time at 28 years old at William and Mary what is it with Buffalo football teams and William and Mary football. Which could be good or could be bad we will see? But just because it worked out for Nate Oats for UB Bulls basketball doesn’t mean it will always work. I agree that UB OC Shane Montgomery had to go because of his conservative play and offensive philosophy from another time but I am not sure a high school coach with limited offensive coordinator experience was the way to go. I don’t like the William and Mary connection either Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott is a terrible leader and is very challenged as a head coach in my opinion. 

But UB Bulls head coach Maurice Linquist doesn’t get anymore passes now in year three if he can’t win the MAC championship in Detroit this season he needs to be fired as a head coach for failure. UB Bulls would be wise to move on with a new head coach regardless of the Camellia Bowl victory last season. I personally don’t see UB Bulls beating Ohio Bobcats this season. UB Bulls will probably play above there ceiling against Wisconsin Badgers than lose to some lowly FBS team they should have beaten. That sums up the Maurice Linquist era at UB Bulls which is disappointing other than Camellia Bowl victory it’s mediocre at best for Maurice Linquist. Maurice Linquist won the Camellia Bowl I get that which was great. But was it Maurice Linquist the head coach or the UB donors investment in MAC football at UB? I will go with the UB donors investment in MAC football for winning the Camellia Bowl over anything great that Maurice Linquist has done or brought to the table for UB Bulls football. Maurice Linquist has cultural advantages coaching at UB over the other MAC schools it’s ridiculous these UB coaches should be winning. I would clean house everyone gets fired if UB Bulls lose in football, men’s and women’s basketball head coaches go. I have seen enough of the UB Bulls women’s basketball program run into the ground that Felisha Jack built after she left for Syracuse Orange ridiculous. It’s time to fire UB athletic director Mark Alnutt if UB Bulls don’t start winning MAC championships in football, men’s and women’s basketball. You can win at UB athletics now because of the facilities. Again hopefully Maurice Linquist wins but I have my doubts on Maurice Linquist being anything more than winning enough to not get fired but most likely never winning the MAC championship because he doesn’t get the offensive part of the game as a defensive coaching background like a Lance Leipold who was a quarterback coming from a offensive coaching background. Plus I think Lance Leipold was a better program builder than Maurice Linquist just telling like it is hopefully I will be wrong in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The bulls are winning the Mac

Drew Willie wasn't running the ball when UB won lol cole is one of the best quarterbacks in the mac

And they have the best roster

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Here's hoping, and hoping they are coached well too. They open at Wisconsin a week from today at 3:30pm. Big Ten TV.  Sneaking up on the Badgers would be a great way to start.

You talking UB football around here is akin to saying 'Beetlejuice' three times.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A little perspective on how far UB Football has come. (It only took 30 years.)

Only 30 years is not a long time to be consistent at D1 level.. which didn't happen till 99

SEC schools and Big ten schools have been playing football for 120 years consecutively

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Only 30 years is not a long time to be consistent at D1 level.. which didn't happen till 99

SEC schools and Big ten schools have been playing football for 120 years consecutively

30 years fighting the SUNY bureaucracy is lightning speed. Other schools like Liberty and Coastal Carolina got it done quicker.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

30 years fighting the SUNY bureaucracy is lightning speed. Other schools like Liberty and Coastal Carolina got it done quicker.

Can't take a few schools and think it's common... Liberty's also been playing division 1 2 or 1aa football consistently for 55 years

Coastal Carolina is in the south which gives them a better pipeline

It takes a long time and being in the right spot to build a consistent winner... Rutgers has been playing football for 140 years and is a worse program than Buffalo

It's a lot easier to start a program in Carolina or Texas or Florida then Western New York

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.