*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Yeah I’m sure Holy Cross is in a much better bowl. Kraft Mac & Cheese bowl or Barqs Root Beer, somethin like that. 

our SUNY Amherst Bulls will do well in the Turnip bowl against whatever directional school we play. It’s a wonderful return on investment 

If this is comedy. Your act needs some work.

UB Bulls football wouldn’t get jokes like this if we didn’t have such a ridiculously long name SUNY it is a small time name. No one in the country does silly small time stuff like that except New York State. Call us UB or Buffalo and call it a day. The at instead of to most of the country says of not at. I get why the at but it is silly and ridiculous we deserve the jokes. Our nickname UB Bulls Bulls isn’t great nickname either it is too much like Bills and the Buffalo Bills.

All those things mentioned above are small compared to the real problem with UB athletics that the state of New York isn’t interested in big time college athletes to put people to work in New York State. Again major college athletes is big money today with the television money out there if you are at the Power 5 conference level. Unfortunately New York State is not interested and really doesn’t want any of there State SUNY system schools involved in such major college sports endeavors like that. I would never make fun of UB athletics because it is really cruel the fate UB athletics is dealt and I am saying that as a Canisius College alum.

I have supported UB Bulls football and UB Bulls basketball with the little money I could for over 30 years because it is good for Buffalo and Western New York and the right thing to do but it is cruel the fate that UB athletics is dealt with this ridiculous state and even sadder that many in Western New York don’t care all the while saying Buffalo is the best sports town ok whatever. I don’t ever see UB Bulls in Power 5 Conference and I am concerned once UB Stadium structurally is past it’s usage that UB Bulls football will have to be shut down unless UB is able to fund raise to upgrade their football stadium privately. Because New York State isn’t going to do a thing about UB Stadium for even the MAC football level because they aren’t behind even that the MAC for there SUNY system school in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

5 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

UB Bulls football wouldn’t get jokes like this if we didn’t have such a ridiculously long name SUNY it is a small time name. No one in the country does silly small time stuff like that except New York State. Call us UB or Buffalo and call it a day. The at instead of to most of the country says of not at. I get why the at but it is silly and ridiculous we deserve the jokes. Our nickname UB Bulls Bulls isn’t great nickname either it is too much like Bills and the Buffalo Bills.

All those things mentioned above are small compared to the real problem with UB athletics that the state of New York isn’t interested in big time college athletes to put people to work in New York State. Again major college athletes is big money today with the television money out there if you are at the Power 5 conference level. Unfortunately New York State is not interested and really doesn’t want any of there State SUNY system schools involved in such major college sports endeavors like that. I would never make fun of UB athletics because it is really cruel the fate UB athletics is dealt and I am saying that as a Canisius College alum.

I have supported UB Bulls football and UB Bulls basketball with the little money I could for over 30 years because it is good for Buffalo and Western New York and the right thing to do but it is cruel the fate that UB athletics is dealt with this ridiculous state and even sadder that many in Western New York don’t care all the while saying Buffalo is the best sports town ok whatever. I don’t ever see UB Bulls in Power 5 Conference and I am concerned once UB Stadium structurally is past it’s usage that UB Bulls football will have to be shut down unless UB is able to fund raise to upgrade their football stadium privately. Because New York State isn’t going to do a thing about UB Stadium for even the MAC football level because they aren’t behind even that the MAC for there SUNY system school in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The fact is The more liberal a university gets… The Less it cares about football generally 

UB wants to be progressive… not be a sports school

There’s not a lot of super progressive universities That throw a lot of money at sports… They throw it at research

UB has the infrastructure minus a few things … but they don’t have enough big money backing athletics to be big time 

tho they are turning into a really respectable group of 5 and that is something to be proud of

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2022 at 11:07 PM, Buffalo716 said:

The fact is The more liberal a university gets… The Less it cares about football generally 

UB wants to be progressive… not be a sports school

There’s not a lot of super progressive universities That throw a lot of money at sports… They throw it at research

UB has the infrastructure minus a few things … but they don’t have enough big money backing athletics to be big time 

tho they are turning into a really respectable group of 5 and that is something to be proud of

What is sad is UB Bulls could be look at Colorado Buffaloes with Deion Sanders. The difference is that UB Stadium the facilities are there now with the performance center going up next to the field house. The difference is Colorado Buffaloes stadium is way better. If UB Bulls had a commitment of $350 million dollars from New York State which sounds like a lot but New York State throw’s money at everything. If UB Bulls build a San Diego State Aztecs Snapdragon Stadium UB would have chance at the Big 12 Conference like Cincinnati Bearcats and UCF Knights that got called up from the American Athletic Conference. We (UB) need a better football stadium that is revenue generating that isn’t UB Stadium in anyway right now. Big game Camellia Bowl for the UB Bulls tomorrow at noon I am fired up Buffalo can be bowl winners for a third time tomorrow. This is just wonderful I am fired up when ever Buffalo can be champions in anything is wonderful. Tomorrow it is game day show time in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

What is sad is UB Bulls could be look at Colorado Buffaloes with Deion Sanders. The difference is that UB Stadium the facilities are there now with the performance center going up next to the field house. The difference is Colorado Buffaloes stadium is way better. If UB Bulls had a commitment of $350 million dollars from New York State which sounds like a lot but New York State throw’s money at everything. If UB Bulls build a San Diego State Aztecs Snapdragon Stadium UB would have chance at the Big 12 Conference like Cincinnati Bearcats and UCF Knights that got called up from the American Athletic Conference. We (UB) need a better football stadium that is revenue generating that isn’t UB Stadium in anyway right now. Big game Camellia Bowl for the UB Bulls tomorrow at noon I am fired up Buffalo can be bowl winners for a third time tomorrow. This is just wonderful I am fired up when ever Buffalo can be champions in anything is wonderful. Tomorrow it is game day show time in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The Difference is Colorado is a major conference football program with history

You can’t compare Colorado To UB football wise 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

So, I take it the team was able to get out of the city then?

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Fix is in boys. Some weirdness in the live line for GASo...ballooned to +175ML long enough for the refs to get their bets in and then back down to +125. 

Knowing UB's propensity for blowing leads late it's a bet that might be worth taking.

Right on cue.

LOL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.