*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not UB football, but the search for a new men's basketball head coach has been an unmitigated disaster. UB has been publicly turned down by three candidates, including one (Adam Cohen) who's from Williamsville and was a team manager at UB while a student there!! So many depressing rumors as to why.

I'm not sure he's qualified but I wonder if they'd reach out to Turner Battle?

21 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

With his height and that speed am sure he'll get drafted, am guessing Rounds 5-7. 

I can see that too.  His tape seems good and demonstrated good hands.  But, I can't find any draft site that even mentions him as a draftable prospect.  NFLDraftScout has an entry for him with none of the Pro Day numbers filled in and no draft projection.  This is odd to me as the draftniks usually overdo their work, not underdo.

7 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm not sure he's qualified but I wonder if they'd reach out to Turner Battle?

Turner Battle is the Athletic Director at the Park School in Buffalo.  I think that's the track he wants to pursue. That said, he might be better than Mark Alnutt already.

Allegedly two things are hurting UB's search for a coach: 1) salary offered and 2) potential NIL money for recruits.  SUNY does not care a lick about athletics and would probably be just as happy to send UB back down to D3.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Turner Battle is the Athletic Director at the Park School in Buffalo.  I think that's the track he wants to pursue. That said, he might be better than Mark Alnutt already.

Allegedly two things are hurting UB's search for a coach: 1) salary offered and 2) potential NIL money for recruits.  SUNY does not care a lick about athletics and would probably be just as happy to send UB back down to D3.

UB offers more and Nil money than 95% of MAC schools at least in football 

Edited by Buffalo716

• Buffalo716 changed the title to *2023 UB Football Thread*

I will wait and see what George Halcovage can accomplish at UB? I am not sure he will accomplish much unless UB donors take it as a learning experience that UB donors needs to wake up and have NIL opportunities for the players. Or UB Bulls will be passed by the rest of the MAC. Under 2,000 students St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball has NIL and $1 million dollars plus a year coach Mark Schmidt. UB Bulls alums are cheap when it comes to passing the hat. I know I root for both these schools teams the UB Bulls are the best college football school in Western New York and the Bonnies are the best college basketball school in Western New York. BSF Western New York has only one college football program in Western New York exactly that is why there UB Bulls are the best. But college basketball UB doesn’t have that luxury there are four programs in Western New York. UB alums need to understand the rest of America are doing NIL you either do it or fall behind. If you fall so far behind you can’t compete in the MAC than what are we doing at UB. The above UB poster is right SUNY would love for UB to go back to Division 3 irrelevance again in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I will wait and see what George Halcovage can accomplish at UB? I am not sure he will accomplish much unless UB donors take it as a learning experience that UB donors needs to wake up and have NIL opportunities for the players. Or UB Bulls will be passed by the rest of the MAC. Under 2,000 students St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball has NIL and $1 million dollars plus a year coach Mark Schmidt. UB Bulls alums are cheap when it comes to passing the hat. I know I root for both these schools teams the UB Bulls are the best college football school in Western New York and the Bonnies are the best college basketball school in Western New York. BSF Western New York has only one college football program in Western New York exactly that is why there UB Bulls are the best. But college basketball UB doesn’t have that luxury there are four programs in Western New York. UB alums need to understand the rest of America are doing NIL you either do it or fall behind. If you fall so far behind you can’t compete in the MAC than what are we doing at UB. The above UB poster is right SUNY would love for UB to go back to Division 3 irrelevance again in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Both UB basketball 23 recruits are getting NIL deals so you’re just wrong 

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Halcovage was the video/IT guy at Villanova...

like 3 actual basketball guys turned the job down

SUNY amherst is a football school, Camellia Bowl Champions!!!

You’re literally lying and a terrible poster

Mark alnutt  said he was the second person to be offered the job After the first person turned it down

Link to the other two coaches that said they turn down the job

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Halcovage was the video/IT guy at Villanova...

like 3 actual basketball guys turned the job down

SUNY amherst is a football school, Camellia Bowl Champions!!!

He was a video coordinator 10 years ago… Head of basketball operations, assistant coach 

Eric Spoelstra an NBA championship head coach started his career in the same gig

On 3/31/2023 at 4:01 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Both UB basketball 23 recruits are getting NIL deals so you’re just wrong 

That just isn’t accurate information at all. The only UB Bulls player I saw who is no longer with UB Bulls football is Dylan McDuffie was selling some t-shirts with his UB number back when he was still with UB two schools ago he transferred to Georgia Tech played a little there and now I think he transferred to Charlotte 49ers to finish his college football career but that is it. Dylan McDuffie should have just stayed at UB but I have no idea what went on there. Just speaking as a bias UB Bulls fan he was at the level where he could play which he was doing than transfer portal to the higher level ACC where he didn’t get the carries he got here. Sometimes the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and I think we are seeing that play out with the transfer portal. None of the Bonnies Iron men five experienced the same success away from Mark Schmidt and St Bonaventure Bonnies. 

St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball men’s and women’s have NIL with jerseys and t-shirts of Bonnies players set up with the Sports Locker out of Olean online that is it. I was able to get a nice Kyle Lofton alternate Addias Bonnies jersey and the starting Iron Men five cartoon t shirts they do good a good job at Sports Locker for Bonnies merchandise online and the Bonnies players get a part of that depending how well each individual player sells. 

But UB doesn’t do anything with Fantastics or anything like that. Let me be clear this is the UB Bulls and St Bonaventure Bonnies alumni NIL isn’t affiliated with the school itself to be very clear. I am sorry this poster isn’t posting accurate information at all about UB Bulls athletics. Believe me I wish Buffalo sports fans could buy the UB players merchandise like the Bonnies players merchandise. I think it would help not just with recruiting but player recognition for the Buffalo sports fans in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

20 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

That just isn’t accurate information at all. The only UB Bulls player I saw who is no longer with UB Bulls football is Dylan McDuffie was selling some t-shirts with his UB number back when he was still with UB two schools ago he transferred to Georgia Tech played a little there and now I think he transferred to Charlotte 49ers to finish his college football career but that is it. Dylan McDuffie should have just stayed at UB but I have no idea what went on there. Just speaking as a bias UB Bulls fan he was at the level where he could play which he was doing than transfer portal to the higher level ACC where he didn’t get the carries he got here. Sometimes the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and I think we are seeing that play out with the transfer portal. None of the Bonnies Iron men five experienced the same success away from Mark Schmidt and St Bonaventure Bonnies. 

St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball men’s and women’s have NIL with jerseys and t-shirts of Bonnies players set up with the Sports Locker out of Olean online that is it. I was able to get a nice Kyle Lofton alternate Addias Bonnies jersey and the starting Iron Men five cartoon t shirts they do good a good job at Sports Locker for Bonnies merchandise online and the Bonnies players get a part of that depending how well each individual player sells. 

But UB doesn’t do anything with Fantastics or anything like that. Let me be clear this is the UB Bulls and St Bonaventure Bonnies alumni NIL isn’t affiliated with the school itself to be very clear. I am sorry this poster isn’t posting accurate information at all about UB Bulls athletics. Believe me I wish Buffalo sports fans could buy the UB players merchandise like the Bonnies players merchandise. I think it would help not just with recruiting but player recognition for the Buffalo sports fans in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I am 100% certain UB Bulls football players and basketball players have NIL deals

you are 100% wrong and your schtick is wearing thin 

Edited by Buffalo716

On 4/3/2023 at 7:25 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I am 100% certain UB Bulls football players and basketball players have NIL deals

you are 100% wrong and your schtick is wearing thin 

Tell me wise one where are the UB football and basketball jerseys and t-shirts sales of UB Bulls players? I will go first St Bonaventure Bonnies men’s and women’s basketball players sell through Sports Locker online Olean, New York. Your turn were is your evidence? Name a place we all want to know? The only place is in your alternate reality universe in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

On 4/11/2023 at 1:56 PM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Tell me wise one where are the UB football and basketball jerseys and t-shirts sales of UB Bulls players? I will go first St Bonaventure Bonnies men’s and women’s basketball players sell through Sports Locker online Olean, New York. Your turn were is your evidence? Name a place we all want to know? The only place is in your alternate reality universe in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

That’s not the only way to use an NIL

selling jerseys is not the only way 

All 90 scholarship football players can sign any type of name image likeness deal

@Buffalo Super Fan

Now what does that say

Average NIL value $10,000

E954C23C-74F5-4C56-A185-CA920D5DD522.jpeg

Edited by Buffalo716

On 4/11/2023 at 1:56 PM, I am leaving for good said:

The problem with UB Bull merch is the Athletic dept not having their act together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 7:48 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Fun UB spring Game!

stock ^^^ QB Gunnar Grey

^^^ WR Nik Mcmillan

^^^ Safety Devin Grant

^^^ LB Joe Andreeson

^^^ RB Joe Giggie

Were you there in person? I didn't see a streaming link.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.