*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

6 hours ago, zow2 said:

Patterson is great.  I don't think MAC players declare early for the NFL draft very often.  Nowadays i worry more about the excellent UB players wanting to enter the portal and play at a bigger, more recognized program.

That happened last year but not most for UB and it was definitely an outlier

James Starks and Bo Oliver and Josh Thomas all guys who played in the league stayed their whole careers

Last year seemed like somebody got in Tyrees and the others heads that they needed a change especially because Tyree was so wishy-washy. I wouldn't expect that to become the norm

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone think L.Mack will end up playing Sundays?  I think he might.

Possibly. He isn't big and is a one trick pony. 

Priority UDFA probably the best shot for him. Taylor Riggins definitely has a shot after next season

Joey Banks safety I think should get a look. He LAYS THE WOOD

It's playcalls like that one that irritates me with Leipold and Kotelnicki. 

3rd and 14 from the EMU 45-yard line and they run the ball for 6 yards. Only to punt on 4th and 8 from the EMU 39-yard line. If you're not going for it on 4th down in EMU territory then why not pass it? Try to get the first down.. hell you might even get a pass interference and an automatic first down.

And now a blown coverage on 3rd and 6 goes for an 80-yard TD for EMU. I bet we would've ran there unlike them.

Edited by suorangefan4

Another 3 and out forced by UB. 

Vantrease then hits Lefebvre for 23-yards with a great pass. Marks just fumbled around the EMU 30-yard line... EMU recovered but Marks was clearly down before the fumble but refs usually mess up even with replay.

Edit: nice the refs correctly overturned it

Double edit: TD Bulls! Vantrease with his second rushing TD. 22-7 UB after missed XP (you knew one was coming)

UB has 268 total yards to just 98 for EMU and 80 of those came on one play for them

Edited by suorangefan4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.