*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

so at 32 it was a push?

it's not a moral victory getting splattered like that

Army had a moral victory but it would refuse to accept it

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There is no such thing as a moral victory. That is BS spouted by fans to make themselves feel better

You either win or lose, and you can bet your ass army is pissed they couldn't capitalize

Let's be real for a moment. Nobody thought UB was beating Penn State. That second half sucked but I feel really good going forward. In fact that first half UB looked better than last year's "dream team." We have a REAL defense. Matt Myers can make throws. The kicker can actually make FGs and XPs!!  Sucks the punter got his leg mangled. Hopefully we won't be needing Vantrese (who was named starting punter today) too often this year.  We have a real shot at bowl eligibility, or better, this year. The trouble with UB sports programs is we could never sustain success. We might be doing that now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's be real for a moment. Nobody thought UB was beating Penn State. That second half sucked but I feel really good going forward. In fact that first half UB looked better than last year's "dream team." We have a REAL defense. Matt Myers can make throws. The kicker can actually make FGs and XPs!!  Sucks the punter got his leg mangled. Hopefully we won't be needing Vantrese (who was named starting punter today) too often this year.  We have a real shot at bowl eligibility, or better, this year. The trouble with UB sports programs is we could never sustain success. We might be doing that now.

The football program is only 20 years old on a D1 level ... That is where the inconsistency stems from 

Penn St, Alabama, Oklahoma have all been playing D1 football consecutively for 100 plus years... That's breeds consistency

UB is finally at the spot where they have depth. And that is the difference between a meddling program and a program that contends for division titles

A college program that is 1 deep at a position is in trouble and 1 hit away from a long season... UB finally has backups that can come in and play

And while I wasn't positive that UB would win I definitely didn't think it was a guaranteed loss. I've been on sidelines as an underdog and I know players on the UB team and they all wanted it and believed

Down 28-7 late in the third quarter. 2nd down and 19 from around the Liberty 28-yard line and the next two plays you call are a run and a screen pass to the RB? Basically saying you're playing for a shorter field goal. That's typical Leipold. Playing for 3 points instead of trying to get 7 there when you need a TD way more is ridiculous.

Edited by suorangefan4

1st and 10 from the Temple 34-yard line - false start

1st and 15 from the Temple 39-yard line - run

2nd and 14 from the Temple 38-yard line - run

3rd and 10 from the Temple 34-yard line - run

Made the long field goal at least.

Leipold and Kotelnicki need to move into this era. To be this obsessed with running is ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

1st and 10 from the Temple 34-yard line - false start

1st and 15 from the Temple 39-yard line - run

2nd and 14 from the Temple 38-yard line - run

3rd and 10 from the Temple 34-yard line - run

Made the long field goal at least.

Leipold and Kotelnicki need to move into this era. To be this obsessed with running is ridiculous.

They don't have a QB who can throw consistently rn 30 times a game

Myers is a freshman and generally looks it

It's gonna be 70% run this season until they improve

They threw the ball tons last year when they had weapons. I don't think you've said 1 positive thing about UB in the thread

Edited by Buffalo716

Ledarius Mack with the strip sack! UB deep in the redzone up 10-7 

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They don't have a QB who can throw consistently rn 30 times a game

Myers is a freshman and generally looks it

It's gonna be 70% run this season until they improve

They threw the ball tons last year when they had weapons. I don't think you've said 1 positive thing about UB in the thread

Should I be happy running over and over and over again? And we've been doing bad with that strategy. To run on 3rd and 10 instead of passing is just silly.

I've always been one of the most optimistic people for all of Buffalo sports. I'm allowed to criticize poor playcalling though.

TD Myers!

Edited by suorangefan4

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I had to DVR the game. Just got done. After the fumble return for TD (which was reversed) I thought UB was going to get run of the field. But deep down, Temple is still gonna Temple. Great win. Don't get cocky. It wasn't that great.

I don't think UB is ever in the position to be cocky

And Temple looked really good through 2 games. They had votes in the AP poll

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.