*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude we don’t even have a hockey team

They’re not gonna create a program that makes no money and drop their only program that does

I know crazy Jerry Sullivan not only wanted UB Bulls football dropped down to FCS he wanted St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball another team I am a fan of to drop out of the multiple NCAA conference A-10 conference because of the probation of Bonnies basketball because of the player with a welding degree years ago.

People here in positions of trust don’t look long term they knee jerk reactions to things which explains why economically with a lot of things in Buffalo. Jerry Sullivan’s reasoning was that the St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball team should drop to the MAAC with Canisius and Niagara so St Bonaventure could be more competitive and with there Little Three rivals? Because at the time the Bonnies were going through a tough period of time winning wise and the whole welder thing that Jerry Sullivan looked to burry the Bonnies basketball program with his witch hunt never letting it go he is a bum. Look it up ask older Buffalo sports fans it is the truth Jerry Sullivan just didn’t become a bum writer recently or because of what he said about the Buffalo Bills he was like that for decades before his anti women remarks recently Jerry Sullivan is a bum in my opinion. Go Bulls! Go Bonnies! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I know crazy Jerry Sullivan not only wanted UB Bulls football dropped down to FCS he wanted St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball another team I am a fan of to drop out of the multiple NCAA conference A-10 conference because of the probation of Bonnies basketball because of the player with a welding degree years ago.

People here in positions of trust don’t look long term they knee jerk reactions to things which explains why economically with a lot of things in Buffalo. Jerry Sullivan’s reasoning was that the St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball team should drop to the MAAC with Canisius and Niagara so St Bonaventure could be more competitive and with there Little Three rivals? Because at the time the Bonnies were going through a tough period of time winning wise and the whole welder thing that Jerry Sullivan looked to burry the Bonnies basketball program with his witch hunt never letting it go he is a bum. Look it up ask older Buffalo sports fans it is the truth Jerry Sullivan just didn’t become a bum writer recently or because of what he said about the Buffalo Bills he was like that for decades before his anti women remarks recently Jerry Sullivan is a bum in my opinion. Go Bulls! Go Bonnies! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Dude Jerry Sullivan has no power

Not 20 years ago 15 years ago or

today

Seriously he has no Impact on Buffalo sports… he’s a writer who clearly did his job of moving your emotions 

• Like (+1) 1

Rumor is UB Bulls football are parting ways, basically firing with UB Bulls offensive coordinator Shane Montgomery today. Thank goodness about time he was a horrible offensive coordinator from another time offensive play calling wise in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

On 1/6/2023 at 4:31 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Dude Jerry Sullivan has no power

Not 20 years ago 15 years ago or

today

Seriously he has no Impact on Buffalo sports… he’s a writer who clearly did his job of moving your emotions 

Jerry Sullivan didn’t move any emotion I don’t read the Buffalo News because it is trash newspaper. It isn’t just one or two people it is that newspaper whole WNY media mindset of Western New York and the Western New York community leaders walking behind the elephants New York City interests for more than 50 years. Our Western New York area leadership sold the people of Western New York out decades ago. It isn’t one or two writers let go from the Buffalo News and Western New York is good to go. Unless you are old enough to remember the difference of Western New York pre 1978 and after 1978? I am talking to the wall you won’t understand which I get it isn’t towards you as a poster trying to explain my posts isn’t towards Jerry Sullivan he is a fool. Today is the anniversary that UB dropped football in 1971. A $95 million dollars New York State Flagship University in 1971 couldn’t find less than $200,000 for UB football. I don’t know how to explain that to you. Basically the State of New York didn’t believe in the Buffalo Western New York community enough to make a less than $200,000 investment that was going back to UB itself. The UB football money owed was dinning services to feeding the players at the school room and boarding which also goes back to the school UB.

Again UB Bulls had future football contract deals to play Syracuse in 1975 and 1976 in football plus television money games. What I am saying is UB Bulls football could have been saved the community was never consulted and neither was the university UB. Ironically the same state that said no to UB gave Syracuse a private school that turned down New York State to join SUNY in the 1960’s found the money for the Syracuse Orange Carrier Dome. Again don’t look at Syracuse Orange today. Look at Syracuse Orange football at Archibold Stadium in the 1970’s sucked they were a doormat of Eastern football. My goodness Syracuse basketball couldn’t beat the Western New York Little Three basketball schools of Western New York in the 1970’s. The Buffalo Braves same deal they had a lease all the business community needed to do is make sure the Buffalo Braves season ticket numbers didn’t go under 5,000 seats at what $6 and $9 that is how John Y Brown got out of the 20 years new lease I believe it was. Again the Buffalo Braves leave in 1978 how on earth is St Bonaventure Bonnies not invited to the Big East Conference with a empty Memorial Auditorium because the Buffalo Braves moved to San Diego? St Bonaventure was a final four school in 1970 and a NIT champion in 1977. Our area economically makes bad decisions and nothing has changed. I see now Cleveland Browns are talking a dome stadium for Cleveland we are so backwards in Western New York. Lead by terrible leadership with a very bad Buffalo News and Buffalo News media cheerleading bad long term economic decisions nothing changes but the year. No worries we can agree to disagree in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Jerry Sullivan didn’t move any emotion I don’t read the Buffalo News because it is trash newspaper. It isn’t just one or two people it is that newspaper whole WNY media mindset of Western New York and the Western New York community leaders walking behind the elephants New York City interests for more than 50 years. Our Western New York area leadership sold the people of Western New York out decades ago. It isn’t one or two writers let go from the Buffalo News and Western New York is good to go. Unless you are old enough to remember the difference of Western New York pre 1978 and after 1978? I am talking to the wall you won’t understand which I get it isn’t towards you as a poster trying to explain my posts isn’t towards Jerry Sullivan he is a fool. Today is the anniversary that UB dropped football in 1971. A $95 million dollars New York State Flagship University in 1971 couldn’t find less than $200,000 for UB football. I don’t know how to explain that to you. Basically the State of New York didn’t believe in the Buffalo Western New York community enough to make a less than $200,000 investment that was going back to UB itself. The UB football money owed was dinning services to feeding the players at the school room and boarding which also goes back to the school UB.

Again UB Bulls had future football contract deals to play Syracuse in 1975 and 1976 in football plus television money games. What I am saying is UB Bulls football could have been saved the community was never consulted and neither was the university UB. Ironically the same state that said no to UB gave Syracuse a private school that turned down New York State to join SUNY in the 1960’s found the money for the Syracuse Orange Carrier Dome. Again don’t look at Syracuse Orange today. Look at Syracuse Orange football at Archibold Stadium in the 1970’s sucked they were a doormat of Eastern football. My goodness Syracuse basketball couldn’t beat the Western New York Little Three basketball schools of Western New York in the 1970’s. The Buffalo Braves same deal they had a lease all the business community needed to do is make sure the Buffalo Braves season ticket numbers didn’t go under 5,000 seats at what $6 and $9 that is how John Y Brown got out of the 20 years new lease I believe it was. Again the Buffalo Braves leave in 1978 how on earth is St Bonaventure Bonnies not invited to the Big East Conference with a empty Memorial Auditorium because the Buffalo Braves moved to San Diego? St Bonaventure was a final four school in 1970 and a NIT champion in 1977. Our area economically makes bad decisions and nothing has changed. I see now Cleveland Browns are talking a dome stadium for Cleveland we are so backwards in Western New York. Lead by terrible leadership with a very bad Buffalo News and Buffalo News media cheerleading bad long term economic decisions nothing changes but the year. No worries we can agree to disagree in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Dude you need to use more space

Nobody is reading that wall of text.. And I say that with love 

You just need to get used to what the university at buffalo is…  And it’s a long way from what it was in 1999

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just wanna say I gave a 3* grade to Gunnar Grey before 247 ranked him lol

also commitment from another JUCO QB 3* Richie Watts

2 of the top 5 JUCO QBs… the competition will be great

Coach Mo gets guys with stars next to their names.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2023 at 6:04 PM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Good info, thanks for posting all that.  I don't have that perspective.  

One respectful suggestion though, more paragraphs.  Easier readability.  🙂

Love UB football though even tho I no longer live in the region.  It could be so much more.  

10 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Good info, thanks for posting all that.  I don't have that perspective.  

One respectful suggestion though, more paragraphs.  Easier readability.  🙂

Love UB football though even tho I no longer live in the region.  It could be so much more.  

It Takes time to build a football program

All the college power houses have been playing nonstop for 120 years

UBs at 25…. And becoming one of the top Mac programs

Look at recruiting and money… And you’ll see they are on their way

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/18/2023 at 11:58 PM, Buffalo716 said:

It Takes time to build a football program

All the college power houses have been playing nonstop for 120 years

UBs at 25…. And becoming one of the top Mac programs

Look at recruiting and money… And you’ll see they are on their way

Have hope Year 2 of Coach Mo' will be something good. He's had a solid recruiting class. Now he (or his assistants) have to coach them up. No more blown 4th quarter leads, please.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:42 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

UB Pro Day live stream.

Justin Marshall looked like an NFL WR to me.  This Livestream did not capture any routes but the numbers look really good.  I am assuming they did them and Cole threw them.  No proof of that.

Justin Marashall Pro Day.jpg

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Justin Marshall looked like an NFL WR to me.  This Livestream did not capture any routes but the numbers look really good.  I am assuming they did them and Cole threw them.  No proof of that.

Justin Marashall Pro Day.jpg

With his height and that speed am sure he'll get drafted, am guessing Rounds 5-7. 

Not UB football, but the search for a new men's basketball head coach has been an unmitigated disaster. UB has been publicly turned down by three candidates, including one (Adam Cohen) who's from Williamsville and was a team manager at UB while a student there!! So many depressing rumors as to why.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.