*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

First team All American RB is an incredible honor!

@PromoTheRobot

PTR, in UB's first 38 Div I games they were 6-32, with Larry Felser writing that it was a mistake to move up and that they should go back down for their own good.

...in the last 38 games they are 28-10, with three straight bowl appearances and two straight bowl victories and throw in about a 10 year run of UB alum playing in the NFL. 

These are the salad days, my brother.  Please pass the dressing.  

Go UB!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@PromoTheRobot

PTR, in UB's first 38 Div I games they were 6-32, with Larry Felser writing that it was a mistake to move up and that they should go back down for their own good.

...in the last 38 games they are 28-10, with three straight bowl appearances and two straight bowl victories and throw in about a 10 year of UB alum playing in the NFL. 

Go UB!

That's true with basketball too. UB has come a long way. What's really nice is seeing alums buying in and becoming fans. I went to UB (76-78) and there was absolutely no school spirit at all!

FYI: Coastal Carolina and Nebraska are on our 2021 schedule!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's true with basketball too. UB has come a long way. What's really nice is seeing alums buying in and becoming fans. I went to UB (76-78) and there was absolutely no school spirit at all!

FYI: Coastal Carolina and Nebraska are on our 2021 schedule!

Leipold has been the best HC in the history of the school. He is more than a good coach. He is a builder of a sustaining program. If Leipold was a little younger he already would have been snatched by a flagging big football school and showered with a contract that Buffalo couldn't close to matching. Don't be surprised if the Illinois interest was a harbinger of future offers. A school like Nebraska would be wise to consider a coach like Leipold. Leipold is not a flashy person. He's the embodiment of substance over style. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Leipold has been the best HC in the history of the school. He is more than a good coach. He is a builder of a sustaining program. If Leipold was a little younger he already would have been snatched by a flagging big football school and showered with a contract that Buffalo couldn't come close to matching. Don't be surprised if the Illinois interest was a harbinger of future offers. A school like Nebraska would be wise to consider a coach like Leipold. Leipold is not a flashy person. He's the embodiment of substance over style. 

10 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@PromoTheRobot

...in the last 38 games they are 28-10, with three straight bowl appearances and two straight bowl victories and throw in about a 10 year run of UB alum playing in the NFL. 

Go UB!

And people here cry about leipold lmaoooo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.