*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wow. 35-7 at the half for UB. Then gave up 4 unanswered touchdowns, only to win when a 15yd PF call on ODU caused their kicker to miss the XP w/19sec to play. 35-34!

So many things to say but at the end of the day it's a w

Remember for years when people would complain about leipolds team not playing the entire 60 minutes and blowing games? 

Players play.. when they think it's in the bag this happens

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Officially starting to get worried about the running game tho 

Kevin Marks has not been able to get going at all... Push in the run game against a group of 5 school was not good

Overall an undisciplined performance. Lance had at least two of this kind of game so I'm not panicking. But Mo better be fixing this.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Overall an undisciplined performance. Lance at least two of these games so I'm not panicking. But Mo better be fixing this.

Promo, the loss of the starting tackles will be felt in games to come, but I may be still foolishly holding out hope for a bowl bid.

Is 5-3 in the MAC way too optimistic?

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Promo, the loss of the starting tackles will be felt in games to come, but I may be still foolishly holding out hope for a bowl bid.

Is 5-3 in the MAC way too optimistic?

Agree. They have several games against ODU-level competition. I was counting those as wins but now can't be sure. 

• Agree 1

Everything that I was worried about after the first game is becoming an issue. 

I have a bad feeling UB is about to enter a long period of bad football.  The coaching has been awful.

I will continue to beat the Myers running QB offense drum.  You can't continue with the offense they are playing now.

Where was Riggins on Sat?

4 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Everything that I was worried about after the first game is becoming an issue. 

I have a bad feeling UB is about to enter a long period of bad football.  The coaching has been awful.

I will continue to beat the Myers running QB offense drum.  You can't continue with the offense they are playing now.

Where was Riggins on Sat?

You have to remember the Linguist staff has barely had a 100 days to prepare and Lance took most of our good linemen with him to Kansas. (Good luck to them. Enjoy going 1-11.) I'm not panicking over coaching yet. Lance had at least two big meltdowns (Kent State 4Q and MAC Championship 2nd half vs Ball State.) Linguist's strength is recruiting so give him a couple of seasons to build his team. But I would like to see Myers more. Riggins had an injury. They said he'll play this Saturday.

Meanwhile...

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Can't wait for Mekhi Lynn. Where is Trevor Bycznski? Why didn't the cb try to tackle the wr outside of endzone? Why did safety #1 not give any effort on that long TD? God I hate rules that punish people for being human

Buried on the depth chart 

He's probably years away from playing. Especially with Meyers ahead of him

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Buried on the depth chart 

He's probably years away from playing. Especially with Meyers ahead of him

He wasn't even on the depth chart I found. I thought maybe he transferred. 

Has he been that bad in practice? Meyers seemed to have regressed and vantrease is very meh with out an elite running game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.