*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

On 5/10/2021 at 2:04 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Introductory presser this morning. Coach Mo' already building his staff. Joe Cauthen would be an A+++ get.

Interesting name.  Dailey spent some time coaching in Buffalo, but before Mo.  I'm assuming Dailey would run the option with his run-pass skills as a player.  Could be huge for Myers

34 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don't think that was ever in question

It's can he recruit from UB and maintain what Lance developed... Which he seems able too 

It would help if he would bring back our own transfers from the  Portal.. including our potential number one wide receiver and DT

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think that was ever in question

It's can he recruit from UB and maintain what Lance developed... Which he seems able too 

It would help if he would bring back our own transfers from the  Portal.. including our potential number one wide receiver and DT

We might take a small hit losing some players but Mo & Co are going to make things happen for UB. The quality of his coaching staff is impressive and has the feel that when Mo goes, one of these guys will step in. I'm still hoping Linguist could pull some talent out of the portal from other schools.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 10:21 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I bought the Athlon college preview book the other week and they UB as the favorite to win the MAC.  Got them 9-4.  Mark it down here there going to give Nebraska  all kinds of trouble the second week of the season down in Lincoln.  Nebraska only has 3 returning starters on offense, their defense is a mess and they got Oklahoma the following week in Norman.  This has look ahead game all over it and this UB game maybe the game that gets Scott Frost fired.  

Also, you heard it here first, the line is even, Ohio is going to beat Syracuse opening week.  Syracuse just maybe the worst power 5 team in the country this year.   

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

Edited by Gordio

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 7:01 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Class of 22 QB Mekhi Lynn is now the highest ranked QB recruit in UB history 

Some scouting services have him top 12 dual threat in the country

Maurice Linguist using his recruiting magic with the Bulls. We'll be lucky if he stays two seasons. But at least they seem to be grooming replacements.

Meanwhile UB is lucky Syracuse didn't pluck women's basketball coach Felicia Legette-Jack last week. SU went the interim route for this season. Considering they are also retiring FLJ's jersey number soon expect her to leave for the Orange after this season. She'll likely empty the UB roster on her way out too. That's college ball for the non-elites.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maurice Linguist using his recruiting magic with the Bulls. We'll be lucky if he stays two seasons. But at least they seem to be grooming replacements.

Meanwhile UB is lucky Syracuse didn't pluck women's basketball coach Felicia Legette-Jack last week. SU went the interim route for this season. Considering they are also retiring FLJ's jersey number soon expect her to leave for the Orange after this season. She'll likely empty the UB roster on her way out too. That's college ball for the non-elites.

He's actually a lil behind Leipold on the recruiting trail rn in terms of overall recruits .. 

I don't think he's gonna have a super quick stay.. at least 3-4 years 

But he is signing some 0 star guys, something Leipold hadn't done in few years .. so he definitely has to get more recruits with stars

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.