*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

On 8/29/2021 at 4:58 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

UB season opener vs Wagner @ UB Stadium. This Thursday 9/2 @ 7pm. Game will be available on stream for free at ESPN3/WatchESPN.

Promo we be clear on "free"?  We don't need to purchase ESPN+ then, we just need the ESPN app/ WatchESPN?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Promo we be clear on "free"?  We don't need to purchase ESPN+ ten, we just need the ESPN app/ WatchESPN?

I am under the impression games designated as "ESPN3" are free to stream as long as you are a cable or satellite customer of ESPN. ESPN+ games require you to subscribe to that level, which I think is $5.99/mo. now. You might want to got the the site and see if the game appears as an option for you.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I am under the impression games designated as "ESPN3" are free to stream as long as you are a cable or satellite customer of ESPN. ESPN+ games require you to subscribe to that level, which I think is $5.99/mo. now. You might want to got the the site and see if the game appears as an option for you.

Thank you, as always my friend.

BTW, a little bit of a moot point for me as I was home during lunch and there is underground work going on in my neighborhood and I lost my internet!

😅

• Shocked 1

On 8/29/2021 at 4:58 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

UB season opener vs Wagner @ UB Stadium. This Thursday 9/2 @ 7pm. Game will be available on stream for free at ESPN3/WatchESPN.

Yay!  I was surprised.  I went to the ESPN website to just check the score and was able to watch the game via the website on my laptop.  Glad something on my computer is working today.

69-7 against a tomato can. Their one TD off a muffed punt. They took care of business otherwise. Now we face a P5, B1G Nebraska. A totally winnable game. Then ranked Coastal Carolina at home. These next two games will tell us a lot.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

69-7 against a tomato can. Their one TD off a muffed punt. They took care of business otherwise. Now we face a P5, B1G Nebraska. A totally winnable game. Then ranked Coastal Carolina at home. These next two games will tell us a lot.

I like how lively this new head coach is.  Big difference from Liepold.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I like how lively this new head coach is.  Big difference from Liepold.

Yeah. Lance Leipold's UB team lost to FCS Albany in 2016. Mo's doin' better.  :lol:  FYI, UB played Wagner in 1997 and Wagner shut them out 20-0. So this was payback.

Overall, really liked the defense.  That line is good.

May sound strange in a game where they put up 69 points, but I'm not as confident in the offense as I was in prior years.

Just not a huge fan of Vantrease.  I think he throws a very weak ball.  Wagner should have had multiple picks.  That scares me when a team like Wagner is so easily in the position to pick him off.  The o line also isn't as good as it was, will be tougher to run.

We shall see, hoping for the best, but I would feel more confident if we had a QB that could run.  The triple offense sucks, but it can be effective. 

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Overall, really liked the defense.  That line is good.

May sound strange in a game where they put up 69 points, but I'm not as confident in the offense as I was in prior years.

Just not a huge fan of Vantrease.  I think he throws a very weak ball.  Wagner should have had multiple picks.  That scares me when a team like Wagner is so easily in the position to pick him off.  The o line also isn't as good as it was, will be tougher to run.

We shall see, hoping for the best, but I would feel more confident if we had a QB that could run.  The triple offense sucks, but it can be effective. 

Yes on Vantrese in this game. Two very sloppy throws were picks but saved by flags. But I've seen him play better. This might just be opening night rust.

But good news all around. Running game looked solid. Defense good. O-line? Fuzak was getting beat by Wagner's one stud Titus Leo. Kicking, perfect. Huge improvement from years past where extra points were less than 50-50.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

53 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes on Vantrese in this game. Two very sloppy throws were picks but saved by flags. But I've seen him play better. This might just be opening night rust.

But good news and around. Running game looked solid. Defense good. O-line? Fuzak was getting beat by Wagner's one stud Titus Leo. Kicking, perfect. Huge improvement from years past where extra points were less than 50-50.

It terms of the o line, it felt when everyone knew they were running, the holes weren't there in years past.  The running game really worked in like delayed handoffs (like the 2nd and 20 for Cooke that went for like 40).

It wasn't the same kicker (McNulty)?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.