*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

In a league where pass rushers are premium  , stuff like this happens

I like koonce, I can see him as a late third round early fourth rounder 

Though he's getting a lot of hype right now so may even squeak into round two somehow

Kansas is a trainwreck of a D1 program.  Leipold will be tossed to the curb 3 years from now, much like fellow UB HC Turner Gill who also thought that going from UB to KU was a good next rung on the ladder.

11 years in a row with 3 wins or less.  LOL

Edited by BTB

2 hours ago, BTB said:

Kansas is a trainwreck of a D1 program.  Leipold will be tossed to the curb 3 years from now, much like fellow UB HC Turner Gill who also thought that going from UB to KU was a good next rung on the ladder.

It's why I'm pretty disgusted with Lance. Bugs out midway through the UB offseason to grab a paycheck at a terrible program. Looks so desperate.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BTB said:

Yeah, people actually thought Turner Gill would be better than Mangino...lol...all these years and I still shake my head at the thought.

4 hours ago, BTB said:

And does anyone think that Leopold is any kind of lightning rod who can turn that kind of program around and out-recruit Texas and Oklahoma, ok state, etc...

4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

And does anyone think that Leopold is any kind of lightning rod who can turn that kind of program around and out-recruit Texas and Oklahoma, ok state, etc...

Well I think that's why they're going with him.. he's a player developer.. not a recruiting Savant

Kansas will never be able to recruit with the Oklahoma's and Texas's of the world.. they have to go develop under the radar recruits to turn the program around.. which is what Lance does best

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Congrats to Malcolm Koonce on getting drafting! Don’t know the kid personally, but he’s from my hometown Peekskill, NY.......always heard good things about him when he was young pup playing youth football.

I might be wrong here but I believe he's the 2nd highest draftee at #79, behind Khalil Mack at #4, who was also drafted by the Raiders.

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I might be wrong here but I believe he's the 2nd highest draftee at #79, behind Khalil Mack at #4, who was also drafted by the Raiders.

C'mon man 

In 1964 gary Philbin went round 3 pick 5 🤣🙃

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.